One & Done: Only child
Options

Craziest Baby Name

2»

Re: Craziest Baby Name

• Options
    I like the name Laine but a very close friend of ours dated a girl for many years with the same name so it is off the table.  :( 

I also really like the name Corrine but DH thinks it sounds weird. 
    Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • Options
    I like the name Laine but a very close friend of ours dated a girl for many years with the same name so it is off the table.  :( 

I also really like the name Corrine but DH thinks it sounds weird. 

I like Corrine.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I liked Liesl for a girl name. reception on the name board was around 50/50 at the time in 2011 with lots of "REMINDS ME OF SOUND OF MUSIC"s. 

I've never even seen Sound of Music. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    DH and I seriously considered Benji for DS.
    There's a little boy in DS's DC that goes by Benji - his full name is Benjamin, but I've always only heard Benji.
    Yeah, one of the reasons we nixed it is because we figured people would think it was a nickname for Benjamin (which we didn't want to name him) and/or shorten it to Ben (which we didn't really like).
  • Options
    I like the name Lake for a boy. DH thinks it is stupid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    tazmm18 said:

I like the name Lake for a boy. DH thinks it is stupid.

I like Lake!
  • Options
    Flame away...I'd never post this on BNB...but we named our DD Camryn. Yes, we are those people who give our DD a typically boy name and spell it weird! DH and I both have very common names. I hated having the same name as a bunch of other girls in my class, so that is probably why we went with something different!
    I loved the name Camryn, but DH's nephew is Cameron. We did name DD a typically boy name as well and it fits her perfectly!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I like Lake for a girl.
  • Options
    janineb said:
    not sure how crazy it is, but i love traditional irish names with their insane spellings.
    Rhys (Reese), Carrig, Eoghan (Ewan), Siobhan (Shiv-awn).
    Keira should have been Ciara, but I was too worried people would call her Sierra her whole life.
    a friend named her daughter Saoirse (Seersha) and I love it so hard.
    I LOVE THIS NAME.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    When I saw the title of this I was reminded of a crazy name my husband told me he saw once. It's a TERRIBLE name and we both made fun of it for a while...... and now I have to tell you because it is funny.

"La-a"
    read: Ladasha

No joke, this person thinks that people are going to pronounce the dash...... La-a....... nope
    That girl's mom needs to get fixed.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I read a story about a couple who had 2 kids I believe and their sons name was Adolf and daughter was Aryan Nation. Ugh it made me sick to my stomach.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    I like Jesse for a boy.  H nixed virtually all boy names, so that definitely never made the final list. 

• Options

I really like Genevieve for a girl.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    We named or son Harper and got some crap for it by some people. And we choose the middle name Grayson. Funny because after he was born everyone said Harper Grayson fitted him perfectly and they couldn't see him with another name.
  • Options
    Shabutie said:
    When I saw the title of this I was reminded of a crazy name my husband told me he saw once. It's a TERRIBLE name and we both made fun of it for a while...... and now I have to tell you because it is funny.

"La-a"

No joke, this person thinks that people are going to pronounce the dash...... La-a....... nope
    Eep.  "Get fixed?"
  • Options
    Shabutie said:

"La-a"

Eep.  "Get fixed?"
    There are some people who just simply should not have kids. See Adolf & Aryan Nation ^above, lol
  • Options
    Shabutie said:

"La-a"

Eep.  "Get fixed?"
    I was super irritated today and taking it out on random stuff, lol
    I do think birth control should be given out freely, though...
  • Options
    Lots of these were on my list: Holden, Reikert. Siobhan was on there if H was a girl. In the end we went with a German surname as a first name. With H's very German last name most people probably won't think American first, not that it's a bad thing, his name is just super German.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"