Parenting

Baking Fail

We're having a St. Paddy's Day party at our house, so I was looking up some festive food ideas. I came across this major baking fail: 

Shamrock Cupcakes

Green penis, anyone? Note to self- any sort of shamrock creation must have four leaves. 

Anyone have a funny baking/food fail?

Re: Baking Fail

• I think they are super cute.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, don't see it :-??

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• @eva116. I do too, but I just can't get past the penis. 

@pobrecita is that your baking fail? I'd be pissed because that looks like a lot of work to roll them. What went wrong? 

• @reesefox you don't see penis and balls? 

• I do not

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image

• @cinemagoddess I'm sure you can help her with the fruit recs, right? 

:))

@chickenonsunday I can totally participate in helping you with this, but I need to go eat lunch first... before I go buy my self a whole pie to devour instead of eating my healthy lunch I brought in today. 

• AmberEA14 said:
    @cinemagoddess I'm sure you can help her with the fruit recs, right? 

@chickenonsunday I can totally participate in helping you with this, but I need to go eat lunch first... before I go buy my self a whole pie to devour instead of eating my healthy lunch I brought in today. 
    I like fruit. 

Just not in dessert.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• @chickenonsunday This is the most delicious thing I've ever baked. Ever. EVER. Seriously, if this doesn't take home a prize, the judges are broken. Follow the directions exactly. https://www.heidis-so-called-life.com/2010/11/pecan-pie-cheesecake.html

image image

• AmberEA14 said:
    @cinemagoddess I'm sure you can help her with the fruit recs, right? 

I like fruit. 

Just not in dessert.  
    Right...it's for fruit pie. Just wanted to see if you had any funny commentary for that category since you're so passionate about your desserts. 

• MaebbMaebb member
    edited March 2014
    @pobrecita, I've had spring rolls turn out like that too. I finally gave up and just buy the frozen ones unless I'm eating them raw like a basil roll.

My baking fail - one time I made red velvet flavor mini donuts and decorated with a white icing drizzle, and they looked like bloodshot eyeballs. I don't have a pic. Also made an angel food cake that ended up the texture of a shoe insole.

My story about greens - I picked up 3 orders of collard greens from a BBQ place the other night because I was going to a potluck, and maybe the guy thought I said something else about pot because he said, "Oh, a green party. I haven't been to one of those since highschool."
  • Maebb said:
    @pobrecita, I've had spring rolls turn out like that too. I finally gave up and just buy the frozen ones unless I'm eating them raw like a basil roll. My baking fail - one time I made red velvet flavor mini donuts and decorated with a white icing drizzle, and they looked like bloodshot eyeballs. I don't have a pic. Also made an angel food cake that ended up the texture of a shoe insole. My story about greens - I picked up 3 orders of collard greens from a BBQ place the other night because I was going to a potluck, and maybe the guy thought I said something else about pot because he said, "Oh, a green party. I haven't been to one of those since highschool."
    I would gladly eat your red velvet eyeballs! 

• Maebb said:
    @pobrecita, I've had spring rolls turn out like that too. I finally gave up and just buy the frozen ones unless I'm eating them raw like a basil roll. My baking fail - one time I made red velvet flavor mini donuts and decorated with a white icing drizzle, and they looked like bloodshot eyeballs. I don't have a pic. Also made an angel food cake that ended up the texture of a shoe insole. My story about greens - I picked up 3 orders of collard greens from a BBQ place the other night because I was going to a potluck, and maybe the guy thought I said something else about pot because he said, "Oh, a green party. I haven't been to one of those since highschool."
    Did you flip the angel food cake pan over when it was cooling? Fallen angel food is the suck.
    -------------------------------------
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MotherOfPear85 IKR? It's insanely good!

image image

• I know you're all talking about pie. But just wanted to add that I did the Kit Kat cake from Pinterest and it turned out great. But it was seriously more candy than cake. Ahhh, sweet memories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• winecastle14winecastle14 member
    edited March 2014
    @chickenonsunday no worries! Better to hear about recipes that work rather ones that failed ;)

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you yet on some recipes.

• ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    edited March 2014
    I know you're all talking about pie. But just wanted to add that I did the Kit Kat cake from Pinterest and it turned out great. But it was seriously more candy than cake. Ahhh, sweet memories.
    I'm making that for M's birthday this weekend, with rainbow cake layers.

image image

• I know you're all talking about pie. But just wanted to add that I did the Kit Kat cake from Pinterest and it turned out great. But it was seriously more candy than cake. Ahhh, sweet memories.
    I need to know more about this @nenecakies.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

I need to know more about this @nenecakies.

----
    It is a frosted two layer cake (any flavor you want), surrounded by a wall of kit kats and topped with M&Ms. It's really easy which was key because I'm not well versed in baking, or being creative.

Here is my cake. It could have used more M&Ms on top for visual appeal but it was plenty to eat!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"