3rd Trimester
Options

mucus plug question

Hi ladies,
I am 38 weeks and I lost my mucus plug this morning, should I call and let the Dr. Know? Anything I need to know that can/will happen afterwards?

Re: mucus plug question

• Options
    I lost mine 2 wks before LO arrived. No need to call dr IMO as there is nothing they can do. I was still loosing some a week later.
  • Options
    No need to call your OB.  It could still be a week or 2 before baby is born.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
    Jase Eli-3/10/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as your water hasn't broken and you don't have contractions I don't see the point in notifying your doc yet.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    It doesn't mean anything and there is no reason to call.
  • Options
    lalala8 said:
    While I was pregnant with my first, I read that if there's blood in your MP, the odds of labor starting soon are greater than if there's no blood... either way, no need to call until you're in labor. I'll piggy back off this thread- anyone know if this is true?
    When I lost my plug with my last pregnancy, it was blood tinged.  I didn't have him until over 2 weeks later.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
    Jase Eli-3/10/14

• Options
    It's meaningless. It can even regenerate and you can lose it multiple times.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Losing your mucus plug means nothing. Sorry to disappoint.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I haven't lost mine at all. Come to think of it, I didn't with all 3 previous pregnancies. I am due tomorrow, went to Dr today, already 4 cm dialated, said they'd induce maybe this afternoon, or tomorrow due to my GD even though its well managed. Just waiting on the phone call.
  • Options
    Hi ladies

thanks for the responses to my initial post. I am happy to report that im posting from the hospital. My little muffin was born on wednesday march 5th!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"