Cincinnati Babies

Possible move to Dayton

Hey guys....I'm jumping over from Philly in the hopes that you may be able to help me.  There isn't a Dayton, OH board so this was the closest I could find.  DH may get transferred to Dayton and we were wondering if anyone had any ideas about local neighborhoods and schools.  We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old so I would even appreciate any ideas on daycare for the 2 year old.  Any thoughts?  We were looking into Beaver Creek.

Re: Possible move to Dayton

• I'm in Dayton and on this board...there are a few of us :)  I only really know about my area which is Centerville, Miamisburg, Springboro area.  All which have great schools!  We are moving from our condo soon and are keeping to these 3 areas because of the schools.  I don't know much about Beavercreek area, sorry.  Hope that you find what you are wanting here in Dayton!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've lived in Dayton my whole life (various areas). Where is your husband going to be working? That may help narrow down an area to look at. I don't know anything about daycares, however Beavercreek is a good school district and area to grow up in. There are also private options in Beavercreek as well.  Beavercreek is growing rapidly (they just built some new schools) too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both so much for the info. My husband may be working at the DuPont plant in dayton. We just looked at beaver creek based on the ratings on greatschools.com. We are waaaay open to ideas and would appreciate any input.
  • The doctors I work with live in Springboro and love it. Great schools and sports! And that's where DH and I would love to live!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kettering is also a very nice area in Dayton, good luck!
  • We are about 25 Mins south of Dayton, but have family all around the area.  Springboro is a good district.  It is def upper Middle Class area.  I have friends with kids in Bellbrook and love the schools.  I have heard good things about Beavercreek also.  Good Luck with the move!  Keep in touch!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • We just built a house in Springboro/Clearcreek Twp and are expecting our first LO.  The schools here have some of the highest ratings in the Dayton area. Plus it is convenient to both Dayton and Cincinnati.
    imageimage

• I moved to Beavercreek in July!!! I am so excited to see this thread :) The Beavercreek public schools are supposed to be great and St Luke's has some good private schools. This is all I've learned so far, (I will be a FTM due in June 2014). I think we will go to the daycare near UD's campus (the bombeck center), as my husband will get a discount there. Will your husband work at the base?

Beavercreek is growing a ton as someone mentioned before, we are near the Fairfield mall in Beavercreek which seems to be slightly more sparse than around the Greene mall. It's a great commute to both the base and downtown.

There are also some churches in the area that run daycares. I would love to tell you more about beavercreek and keep you posted as I look into daycares if you want! Feel free to message me.

• Kettering, Centerville, Oakwood, Beavercreek, Bellbrook... All good places with incredible schools!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with PP. I teach in Centerville so I am familiar with area schools. There can be a big difference though even within a district. We have 6 elementaries and sometimes I am amazed at the variations. Overall this is a great area. Just hoping the next Governor will be better for education.
    TTC since 5/11 both uf us are >35
    Clomid 4cycles pregnancy ended in MC 6/12
    IUI #1,2, 3 and 4 ALL BFN.
    Moved on to IVF in Jan. 2013 Beta #1 288, Beta #2 529 Heartbeat on 2/8! Miscarriage at 15 weeks. 4 months to be complete. Every test known to science. No known reason for MC. FET Oct 2013 BFP on 11/2. Beta# 1 910. Successful pregnancy! {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Hi all, I was wondering if OP had any updates. I just found out I may be moving to Dayton area in August and am having trouble finding neighborhood recommendations. My husband will be working at WPAFB so Beavercreek is the neighborhood he's looking at. So far I've been disappointed with the family-friendly places there, though. I'm a SAHM and like to get out and about to different play groups and such. Any input? 
  • Beavercreek is very family-friendly. I'm not military, but I am sure there are support groups at WPAFB. You can also look into daytonfamilynetwork.com, meetup.com, and mops.org for playgroups. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The doctors I work with live in Springboro and love it. Great schools and sports! And that's where DH and I would love to live!
    I just stumbled across this Cincinnati board! I live on the edge of Springboro and Centerville and would highly recommend the area. Great schools, shopping, healthcare, cost of living. Nice people. Affordable homes. Washington Township is also nice as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Bellbrook if you like the small-town vibe. I grew up there and went through the high school system (private school through 8th grade). I'm in Xenia and if I were to move it would be to Springboro, just because of the centrality, school system, and good neighborhoods.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"