1st Trimester
Options

When did you start getting a bump?

I'm 7 weeks today and already need a belly band for my work pants since I can't button them around my waist. I'm just wondering if anyone else starting getting a bump early? I've gained 5 pounds so also wondering if that's too much or on-target (Dr. appt is next week, I'm just doing some preliminary research). 

Re: When did you start getting a bump?

• Options

Bloat sucks. I bloat up pretty fast as well. As long as you are not eating a ton more than you use to the weight is most likely from your bloat.

• Options
    I also bought a belly band around 7 weeks. I'm 11 weeks now and it's still bloat, just more of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's literally all in the front, and its sitting higher than whatever bloat I had during periods before. Glad I'm not the only one who needed the belly band this early!
  • Options
    LMMxo said:

It's literally all in the front, and its sitting higher than whatever bloat I had during periods before. Glad I'm not the only one who needed the belly band this early!

Yeah, your body goes kinda nuts when you're pregnant. ;)
  • Options
    I had awful bloat until about 13 weeks and it was all in my belly like my bump is now.  My bloat settled down around 14/15 weeks and I started noticing an actual bump around 17 weeks.  Even at 25 weeks now I still get the occasional look that says, "I wonder if she's pregnant or if she just gained a bunch of weight..." but others can tell right away. I'm up 14 lbs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first child, I didn't really show until I was around 16 weeks. Now, pregnant with my second, I'm 7 weeks tomorrow, and I am showing quite a bit. I'm sure I'll be needed a belly band soon, too! :)
  • Options
    I am so bloated now too. With DS, I didn't really start to show until 20 weeks, and I didn't have strangers asking "when are you due?" until 26 weeks. My abs were in really good shape back then. Sigh.
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dont worry about weight gain....i got the belly band around 8 weeks and maternity pants around 12 (i couldnt even sit in regular pants with zipper undone). between all the yucky symptoms i had/have, i ate/eat whatever tastes good at the time and will stay down....
  • Options
    I'm 7w2d and have been extremely bloated since 4 weeks. I skipped the band and just got maternity pants lol. It's heaven on earth not having a jeans button dig into your bloated stomach!
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks and extremely bloated. I've already bought a few maternity items to wear and it's such a life saver. Whether you're just bloated or actually showing, it's still a "baby bump" in my eyes. The bloat is from the fact that you're pregnant so embrace it and let it all hang out! LOL  ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    LMMxo said:

Here's a thought, period bloat is different than pregnancy bloat. You'll start to develop a true bump above your pelvic bone around probably 12-16 weeks, sooner if this is your second.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    I hate the bella band.  I'm constantly tugging on it to keep it in place, and I feel like it makes me look bigger.  This is my 3rd so in the evenings, I look 3 months pregnant already.  My regular pants that are usually roomy are now tight.  I just want to wait until I'm out of the pregnancy closet to start wearing maternity clothes...not sure I can wait that long though.

photo b56c04be-4eeb-442e-afb5-397708ea1118.jpg

• Options
    I'm 9 weeks and I don't need my belly band yet, but I know it's in my near future. By the end of the day I can tell I'm bloated, but it is a gradual thing throughout the day. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I didn't with DS until the 2nd tri. Everyone is different, so just make sure you are eating healthy and exercising. 
  • Options
    I was in a belly band really early because I couldn't sit comfortable with all my bloat. I was bloated up until about 12 weeks then I didn't look pregnant at all until about 18 weeks. I got a bump that only I noticed and then one noticeable to anyone else between 20-24 weeks

It's a BOY

• Options
    I bought my belly band at 7 weeks, and I have one of those slim fit tanks in a bigger size that I wear also. It helped the bloat look not so bad until week 12. Now I can't hide it. I've lost 15lbs, and I've still already been asked by strangers when my due date is, and I'm only in the middle of my 13th week.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The day after BFP, lol. Not kidding. It started in my butt and the bump has now spread to my tummy and my jeans have not fit correctly since week 6. Thank God for jeggings!

• Options
    I was far more bloated early in my first pregnancy. I used an elastic around the button of my jeans around 7-8 weeks. I didn't need maternity clothes until around 14-15 weeks with this pregnancy.
  • Options
    LMMxo said:
    There's a big difference between period bloat and pregnancy bloat. For one thing, your digestion slows down majorly when you're pregnant (so that your body can absorb extra nutrients for the baby,) so it's typically worse than period bloat. For another thing, although your uterus is still behind your pubic bone, it is already starting to "crowd" other internal organs and push them up a little bit. So it's not unusual for your bloat to be higher than it was before you were pregnant, because your uterus crowds other organs out of their typical spots, even early on. 
  • Options
    I haven't had any bloat, just my normal level of fat. My bras are too small but my pants are fitting me the same.  Is it mostly thinner women getting the bloat? I never noticeably bloated during my period either.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LizB8943 said:
    Im tall and fairly thin, and I didn't have a noticeable bump until 22 weeks or so. It honestly seemed to appear overnight, and I experienced horrible round ligament pain as a result. I only gained 18 lbs and carried small my entire pregnancy, though...my pregnancy was not obvious until third trimester, and people who noticed that I was pregnant were inevitably shocked when I told them the due date.
    Do you mind my being nosey and asking how much your LO weighed at birth?  My MIL only gained 17 and 19 lbs with both of her pregnancies and gave birth to 7.2 and 7.4 lb babies.  She's tall and thin, but I was surprised her babies were that weight since she gained so little.

I know everyone is different and your body puts on the weight it needs to, but I guess I'm just used to hearing 25+ lb gains.
    TTC since February 2014

• Options
    LMMxoLMMxo member
    A real bump?  You're asking the wrong tri board.... 

There really isn't any need to be snarky about this. This whole thing is brand new for me. I mostly know people who didn't see a shift in their shape, weight or appearance until much later, so I was seeking affirmation that my newly extended belly was normal this early on, bloat or not. (I've also since been to the doctor and have a better grip on things.) 
    I haven't had any bloat, just my normal level of fat. My bras are too small but my pants are fitting me the same.  Is it mostly thinner women getting the bloat? I never noticeably bloated during my period either.
    Your situation is what I'm used to hearing about - it never hit me that my body would react differently since I'm a fairly small lady. In reading a lot of these message boards, I'm getting that every woman who's ever been pregnant seems to be the expert on being pregnant. But, in reality, it seems to be different for everyone. 
  • Options
    A real bump?  You're asking the wrong tri board.... 

There really isn't any need to be snarky about this. This whole thing is brand new for me. I mostly know people who didn't see a shift in their shape, weight or appearance until much later, so I was seeking affirmation that my newly extended belly was normal this early on, bloat or not. (I've also since been to the doctor and have a better grip on things.) 
    Your situation is what I'm used to hearing about - it never hit me that my body would react differently since I'm a fairly small lady. In reading a lot of these message boards, I'm getting that every woman who's ever been pregnant seems to be the expert on being pregnant. But, in reality, it seems to be different for everyone. 
    I'm confused. You asked us when we started to show.. We told you. Are you made that you didn't get the answers you were looking for? I was well in to 24 weeks before I Looked pregnant. I'm in my third trimester now and still don't have that big old pregnant belly

It's a BOY

• Options
    LMMxoLMMxo member
    No, I'm happy with the range of answers here! I just don't appreciate the people who made my question seem like a stupid one.
  • Options
    yeah.yeah. member
    bloat, and 5 pounds at 7 weeks is a lot, but my guess is it's mostly water retention.

Bump showed up for me at 30 weeks with #1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"