September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

124»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I've called 3 people out on FB in the past week because of how their kids were strapped into the car. Thankfully nothing turned into a huge fight. Why are parents not required to take a class on car seat safety?
    I agree that a better job at the hospital of hitting the main points would be beneficial (straps below shoulders, chest clip at armpits, pinch test, READ YOUR CAR SEAT MANUAL... But a lot of car seat safety is changing all the time. I was just reading yesterday that car companies are saying not to do the Swedish (with the D ring) tether. The car seats that allow rear facing tethers say in the manual how to do the Swedish tether and even provide the extra strap and D ring. 

Is it a FFFC that I don't know what the second half of that paragraph means?
    A few car seats let you tether rear facing for added stability in a crash. It is optional, not required. Canada made a law that all Britax G4 seats have to be tethered rear facing. So some techs started reaching out to the car seat manufacturers to make sure what is written the car seat manual is approved for every type of car. Turns out, the car companies are saying nope for the kind of tether that is attached to the front seat like this:
    Britax Roundabout (Swedish style)

Basically, it is all Canada's fault. :)

ETA: I bought my seats because they allowed rear facing tethering. I still have them installed with the Swedish tether and haven't decided yet if I am going to untether. The reason given by the car companies is that it has not been crash tested. There are air bag sensors all over the car and the tether could impact the air bags in a crash.
    We have the tether like this. I'm not taking it out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I suck at skiing but I enjoyed it. I Don't want to ski with my husband because he is better than I am.  I'll Ski with MIL she goes my pace.  Can't wait for G to hit the bunny slopes in a couple years.  I don't fit into any of my winter snow clothes.  Blah! 

I am wasting nap time.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFFC:  I find nothing about skiing or snowboarding even remotely interesting.  I went downhill skiing when I was 11.  I was terrible at it and didn't have absolutely any fun so I have no desire to try it again.  DH claims he can snowboard, yet it's probably been almost 15 years since he set foot near a ski hill.

My favorite winter time activity is drinking.  Wait, is that not a thing?

I agree 100%.  There is nothing about being cold that is enjoyable for me.  Therefore, any activity that involves being in the snow for an extended period is out.  I'll be in the lodge with a hot apple cider
    ~O)
  • Options
    I can't stand skiing or snowboarding, but give me a pair of snowshoes and I'm gone. I can not wit for DD to fit her snowshoes, the dogs and I will be thrilled!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DianeD1 said:
    I've got another FFFC: I can't ski or snowboard. DH tried to take me 6 years ago in WA and it took me 4 hours to get down the mountain. Now that we love in OH, DH is talking about taking Nate skiing next winter....I will be getting lessons this time in hopes to stay upright while moving instead of just when I was stationary.
    I don't know about WA, but Brandywine in OH has some good hills.  The bunny hill is great for beginners!
    I know where that is! :) apparently there are some good ones around here too; we passed a sign that said an Olympic snowboarder is from the town 20 minutes away. Washington had mountains. It was insane.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    I hate skiing. I'm terrified of heights and plummeting down an icy slope with the likelihood of flinging myself into a tree is just fucking miserable.  I snowplow the whole way down.

Evidence:

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to P&R. I don't know how to regulate it. I just wish it was more regulated. Not even the ERF stuff, all three of my call outs were for loose straps and chest clips at the belly button. Maybe it's something that pediatricians should be taught more about? Maybe someone should put car seat info into the new parents packet at the hospital for them to look at at a later date? I don't have the solution so for now I'm just trying to share information in the most sensitive way possible, one FB friend and pre-school mom at a time.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Tick tock tick tock (:| TGIF
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Same here.... I have put in extra hours this week, but am not allowed to leave early despite what they say....  4:45 cannot get here fast enough!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Same here.... I have put in extra hours this week, but am not allowed to leave early despite what they say....  4:45 cannot get here fast enough!
    Ditto.

I never have a good FFFC.  Lame-O.

I hate skiing/snowboarding too.  I feel like people get smug about it if they are decent at it but that's probably just me.  I'm an "indoorsy" girl, ha.  I don't do camping, skiing.   I will lay on a beach drinking a fruity rum drink though!  

:P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

But in all seriousness, it's pretty common for farmers/people in the country. My grandparents had "cats" meaning that they had anywhere from 1-25 cats that slept in the carport (and a broken down car in the carport) and came around for table scraps a couple times a day. They never knew how many they had or where any of them were, but they kept the mice away.

This was what it was like for me while growing up on a farm! Animals were always being dropped off on our property so we always had an abundance of cats and dogs.  It was heaven for me but I'm sure it irked my parents a bit.

• Options
    Stasi said:
    Every time I hear Katy Perry's "dark horse", I change the word from dark horse or dinosaur. Then I make up my own rap during the rap part about Katy Perry having huge teeth and tiny arms. Then I laugh out loud at myself. I'm a nerd.
    We've watched Madagascar 3 an embarrassing number of times in our house, but every time they start the circus at the end and 'Firework' comes on I start to cry.  Honestly, I don't even like Katy Perry and have no explanation for such nonsense, but it's every fucking time.  
    Same with me! Gah, it's so embarrassing! Glad to know I'm not alone.

• Options
    jenndub said:

We got the kids a trampoline for Christmas. And it's awesome.

I got a trampoline for Easter when I was a kid and loved that thing like it was a puppy. My stupid neighbors broke it and we never got another. It is my goal in life to get one, but H is against it. I'm coming to live with you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"