October 2014 Moms
Options

Almost burned the office down

No, really, I did. Now is when you look at my screen name and laugh because I had NO idea what to do when there was a huge flash over my shoulder, a loud "BANG" and smoke everywhere. I haven't told everyone I am pregnant, so I was absolutely confused as to why, when one of the guys ran in here, he didn't immediately jump down and unplug the backup from its electricity source. I'm thinking ... "So you're going to make the pregnant lady do it?" Lol. Thankfully, he did it for me because I was more or less flapping my arms and saying, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" over and over. 

I'm thinking my battery backup (which is as old as dirt and wasn't actually a batter backup anymore, just a glorified power strip) was overloaded with too much crap. Even though I've been using my space heater on the strip for months and months, I'm wondering if that was the culprit. No idea. My boss' computer as well as mine and a camera battery charger were all plugged into it. 

I bought the space heater specifically because it was designed to be safe for offices, with safety features to shut off in case of a problem. It shut off about 30 seconds before the backup blew. 

Anyway, I'm totally frazzled and can't wait for this day to be over. I smell like an electrical fire and my asthma is kicked up. Gee, thanks, bazillion year old office with crappy wiring and outdated battery backup. TGIF!!! 

Re: Almost burned the office down

• Options
    Well I'm just glad everything is okay. Stupid space heater lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad you are ok!  And I did laugh when I looked at your forum name :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just trying to get your H to visit you at the office?  I kid, I am glad you are ok and sorry that you have such a wild afternoon.
  • Options
    Ha. So glad you're okay, though!
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Glad everything turned out okay. :) 

• Options
    Glad it wasn't worse and yeah total lol at the screen name telling the tale
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I would have peed in my pants.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Scary! Glad you are ok!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad you're ok! That's an awful smell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I dunno, I think off-duty firemen are the WORST! Lol. I remember my kitchen filling with smoke, as my husband and his friend (both on the fire dept) sat there, oblivious. Lol. Glad everything was ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP 01/17/2014, Due 10/05/2014, MMC, we said goodbye 03/07/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"