September 2014 Moms
Options

Help! Leg cramp solutions??

My legs ache like a Charlie horse spasm is always around the corner... Suggestions to help? Anyone else having this? I will finish my 12th week this Tuesday..

Re: Help! Leg cramp solutions??

• Options
    I agree with the above.  Get a little bit more potassium, from a banana, some strawberries or some orange juice.  Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water you could be slightly dehydrated.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    I had this a lot my first pregnancy. I are a banana every day (until I was diagnosed with GD). That helped a lot!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, drink water, eat bananas, and try some tonic water too. The quinine tends to help with leg cramps, plus if you're missing a cocktail, you can always pretend it's a gin/vodka tonic.
  • Options
    I got a packet of samples and coupons with my Motherhood Maternity order and it included a topical ointment packet of something called Hyland's Leg Cramp Ointment. I haven't tried it so I have no clue if it works or what it smells like. Here is a link to the website.

https://www.hylands.com/products/hylands-leg-cramps-ointment
  • Options
    Ugh... I had these last pregnancy and my doc recommended tonic water. I never tried though. I'd rather eat a banana!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All of the above, plus during my first pregnancy some Burt's bees peppermint lotion. I don't know that it actually helped, but it made me feel like it did.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"