August 2013 Moms
Options

UO Thursday.

13»

Re: UO Thursday.

• Options
    petey1106 said:
    Here's another UO. I. HATE. CUDDLING. It's hot and uncomfortable. No thanks. Let's DTD then you can go to your side of the bed and me to mine. Easy peasy.
    Agreed!!!! I am not a cuddler, at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ok- can we just move this UO in another direction? I think it's funny when I see couples by themselves at restaurants sitting next to each other in booths. How do you have a conversation like that? I love my H, but he can sit on his own side. ;)

OK...

I was a server for a few years and saw that a lot! There was a couple that were regulars. They would sit holding hands next to each other for the ENTIRE meal. I thought it was cute, but a bit strange. I wouldn't want to eat with one hand. Shoot, I have to do it while holding the baby. There's nothing cute or enjoyable about that!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like hugging. Hugging's my favorite. But, I am no cuddler.
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    BellaOso said:Now my kids? Them I cuddle alll the time. I intentionally give each baby 100 kisses a day. 
    DD1 tells me she's no longer kissable and that I can give Evie all of her kisses. 

I only grew to really hate cuddling after DD1. She was so damn needy that by the end of the day I was just plain touched out.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This UO made me think about a book that I looove. Has anyone read the Color of Water by James McBride?
  • Options
    I dislike cuddling and hugging. DH is worried that I won't show enough "love" to DS so he overcompensates. I have this bad habit of receiving a hug from DH and when I am over it (5 seconds in) I nicely push him away and say thank you. He just laughs at me. He also says I am half human half robot.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I dislike cuddling and hugging. DH is worried that I won't show enough "love" to DS so he overcompensates. I have this bad habit of receiving a hug from DH and when I am over it (5 seconds in) I nicely push him away and say thank you. He just laughs at me. He also says I am half human half robot.

I'm not a hugger either, but I have this overwhelming desire to hug you right now.

• Options
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I dont like nail art. Who has time for that.
  • Options
    I'm fine with physical forms of affection (hugging, cuddling, etc), it's just verbal forms that freak me out. I have difficulty saying "I love you" to anyone. It's not that I don't feel that way. It's just awkward for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited February 2014

I'm not a hugger either, but I have this overwhelming desire to hug you right now.
    >:D<

Edited: I wish I could give out emoticon hugs IRL. Especially to my MIL.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I same side seat if there's a sporting event on the TV and we both want to watch, lol.  I agree it looks awkward but, it's better than seeing couples that are on their phones the entire time; that drives me nuts!

And I'm definitely a hugger! But only if I know you; if I don't, please don't touch me.  

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Options

Probably the people I pay to do it.

• Options
    I'm fine with physical forms of affection (hugging, cuddling, etc), it's just verbal forms that freak me out. I have difficulty saying "I love you" to anyone. It's not that I don't feel that way. It's just awkward for me.
    ME TOO. I usually default to "heart your face" and hope no-one notices how socially awkward I am :)
    image image

• Options

The adoption topic reminds me of something I don't like:

I don't think interracial adoptions should be allowed. I think it is doing the child a major disservice for them to be raised by someone that doesn't truly understand what the child will deal with. This relates to racism.

As an African-American there are things I deal with that, say, a Caucasian person does not. I was prepared for these things, mostly, because my mother told me of her experiences and what to look out for. What if I had been raised by someone of a different race? Would they have known what to prepare me for? I especially think about African-American males. The amount of racism and prejudice they still encounter in modern America exceeds what I deal with. Would someone of a different race have been able to prepare them for that?

And, just because I'm curious based on a study I read, has anyone heard of a black family adopting a white child??

That sounds like a great way to teach new generations to be racist, that black kids can't mix and mingle with white kids. It's incredibly ignorant to judge that white people don't have the knowledge to raise a black child. Smh.

• Options

I'm tardy to the party this week. I'm cool with nail art on natural nails, but fake nails gross me out.
  • Options

I'm tardy to the party this week. I'm cool with nail art on natural nails, but fake nails gross me out.

Or 3D nail art on fake nails. Some nail art can be cute. But i really dont get 3D nail art
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"