December 2013 Moms

Moby wrap ?

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has used the Moby wrap and their thoughts ? My lo was born with cranial deformities so she will have to wear a helmet :( and they want us to keep pressure off her head until we fit her helmet and was interested in knowing if Moby wrap was worth purchasing for when I have to do things other than supervise her tummy time. Also, we do a lot of fundraiser longer walks in spring/summer so does Moby hold up or does it slip and you constantly have to readjust ? Thank you in advance for advice

Re: Moby wrap ?

• At this age, I'd go for a more structured carrier like the Ergo or Boba. I like the Moby better for the newborn stage, but I think it gets too stretched out as they're bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What PP said. The Moby stretches out. If you really want to go with a wrap try a ring one otherwise try a Ergo, well worth the money (I think) and you will get your monies worth with how much you will use it.

• Loading the player...
  • I have an Ergo and it's great. And they sit in it so it's not bad for their hips!
  • I love the Moby.  I also have an Ergo and that's pretty great, too. 
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Whatever you choose, be aware of how baby is supported. This article also recommends the moby or ergo.

https://www.megganmamma.com/2013/11/01/why-id-never-put-my-baby-in-a-baby-bjorn-carrier/

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I have the Boba which I believe is just like the Moby, and really like it. It holds up well for me so far. It is very stretchy, so if I am walking or moving around a lot I do try to support LO a bit with my hand(s) so he's not bouncing too much.

That said, can your baby hold her head up? If not, the Moby probably isn't the best choice because tucking her head into the wrap to support it would definitely put some pressure on her skull.
  • Love my Moby, I don't know how I would have got through the first three months without it.
  • BoothBaby said:

I have the Boba which I believe is just like the Moby, and really like it. It holds up well for me so far. It is very stretchy, so if I am walking or moving around a lot I do try to support LO a bit with my hand(s) so he's not bouncing too much.

That said, can your baby hold her head up? If not, the Moby probably isn't the best choice because tucking her head into the wrap to support it would definitely put some pressure on her skull.

She has great head support that's why they are letting start therapy right away . Thank you I think I'll def buy one of the two
  • BoothBaby said:

I have the Boba which I believe is just like the Moby, and really like it. It holds up well for me so far. It is very stretchy, so if I am walking or moving around a lot I do try to support LO a bit with my hand(s) so he's not bouncing too much.

She has great head support that's why they are letting start therapy right away . Thank you I think I'll def buy one of the two

I mean head control ( tired today) ha
  • How are you guys using the ergo? Still with infant insert? LO seems too big for insert and too small without.
    imageimage

• I made my own moby, in the middle of a store, using fabric after I had them cut it.  It's my favorite thing and we use it all the time. LO loves it and it supports him really well. 

• I have the JJ Cole Agility wrap and love it! It's so easy to put on and it's spreads out the weight so it doesn't hurt your back/shoulders.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I have a Baby K'tan and love it. It's like the Moby but it much easier to put on and take off. They are both great for your little one. Head can be free or gently tucked - not too much pressure or anything.
  • I made my own moby, in the middle of a store, using fabric after I had them cut it.  It's my favorite thing and we use it all the time. LO loves it and it supports him really well. 

Picture?
    imageimage

• FYI check out Craigslist for a used Moby, you can get them much cheaper.

If you wrap them correctly they ate held pretty snug. Here is a video I used:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcIlGUCG6mE

Picture?
    I'll try and take one today.

• You might want to try LO in a few before making a big purchase. We have a Moby, Ergo and a soft-structured Boba. I prefer the Boba, it is easy to put on and comfortable to wear. DS on the other hand prefers the Moby. So, I wear the Moby more even though I don't like it as much, DS sits in it longer and is happier.
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • I would go with a soft structured carrier, a mei tai or a woven wrap. The infantino mei tai is around $30 so it a great option if you want see if LO likes baby wearing. Moby and other stretchy wraps aren't very comfortable as LO gets bigger. The attachment parenting board can help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @onewayticket

Here's pics of my homemade moby in action. Works great for a total of $4.50!

image image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"