Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Fussy for mommy only

My husband has a second job so there are some evenings where he's not home for bedtime. My DD will not lay down for me!! She goes to sleep for him no problem and when I put her down when he us home there is no problem. But when it's just me she will point to everything in her room and whine and when I try to lay her down she stiffens up or screams. There have been times where it's been 2 hrs to get her to sleep but she lays down for him in seconds. Any suggestions on getting her down? Why will she for him and not me? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fussy for mommy only

• Is is possible that she knows he means business and that you are willing to give a little? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always put DD down since I nurse her then flop her in the crib (awake) so I don't know how she'll do for DH although we'll find out soon since we are going to be weaning and then either of us should (in the ideal world) be able to put her down.

But we have this issue in regards to eating. She gives me so much issues but most often than not, she eats just fine for someone else. It has happened more than once where I am complaining that she is not eating then someone else tries to feed her (put food in front of her and sit with her) and she eats fine and people are like what's the issue?
  • Oh I am definitely softer on her than daddy is!  I try to stick to my guns but she IS my baby girl! It's hard!  All the time I hear ..."she was good all day until you got home!" 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I am definitely softer on her than daddy is!  I try to stick to my guns but she IS my baby girl! It's hard!  All the time I hear ..."she was good all day until you got home!" 
    Ha!  That is what I tell my DH who is the "softie" around here.
    You just need to have a couple of nights where you stick to your guns and keep repeating that it is time for bed and she'll get the hint.  Then she will fall into the routine and hopefully be much easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"