February 2014 Moms
Options

You Guise, I think my LO is a ware wolf

Srsly.

He goes from being a normal happy, sometimes fussy and pukey baby to a SCREAMING BANSHEE at 5pm on. The. Dot.

Anyone else's LO hitting this phase yet? Ideas on how long it lasts? Horror stories or fairy tales to share? Or help me fix it? lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: You Guise, I think my LO is a ware wolf

• Options
    Woah. My sleepy, cooing little angel has been a basket case for the last 2 hours.. It's now 6:30! He's in the crazy club too !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this usually within the 2-3 week growth spurt? Or an indefinite timeline? My LO is 3 weeks and we have noticed more fussiness in the evenings as well
  • Options
    Yeah no mine is 7wks! Can't blame it on the growth spurt over here

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yesterday, we were out running errands as a family. MH stayed in the car with DD while I ran into Walgreens to pick up a script. By the time I got back out, she was screaming. (5:00ish). We still had groceries to get, and I had planned to wear her for that. Thankfully, it worked like a charm-she slept through the whole trip! (Once back in the carseat, not so much). I'm pretty sure the Moby was worth every penny of the $50 I paid for it!!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    100% trying the wearing today at 5.

Anniversary
  • Options
    True story: Alzheimer patients do this too. There must be some biological or evolutionary thing to this witching hour nonsense. Cause science.

• Options
    I'm giving ((hugs)) to all you ladies! I have been lucky to never experience (flame away) a super fussy baby, one at the boob 24-7 yes which has its own frustrations, but like @bribbon said if its getting over whelming put baby in crib/ bassinet/ pack n play and walk away for a few min, grab a water, go potty, lay on the couch in the dark for a few min.... Baby will be fine and you can "refresh" for a few min. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @ziggy903 oooooh tonight.

Well yes. I asked DH is he wanted to baby wear or fold laundry and start dinner. Guess what he chose?

So I strap him in. He complained that the baby was too high, and he couldn't do anything so he sat on the couch with LO in the moby. LO loved it and conked out (win, right?) this was like 5:15. So DH also promptly falls asleep. He has been banned from falling asleep with LO because he sleeps like the dead and has sleep apnea. So I woke him up and told him he couldn't do that. Went about my business and 5 mins later he was out again. I reminded him that he couldn't do that AND we were getting close to bedtime routine start time and tonight is our first night Doing it. I reminded him that until 6 when I usually get home he should be doing an activity with LO or at least have him awake. I realize this is in the middle of witching hour but he does go to sleep around 7:30-8 so it is what it is. He fell asleep again. Anyway long story short, he screwed up the bedtime routine a little, we fought about it, I'm hormonal and exhausted and clogged duct and mastitis and back to work Tuesday and stressed and it escalated. Then he (stupidly) asked how I REALLY FELT about him participating in this all weekend shark fishing weekend with his brother and friend this weekend, my last weekend before going back to work and I said WELL if you really wanna know I'm not happy about it, last chance for sleep, etc. he asked why I didn't say anything sooner. Pointed out that my response to him asking was "I don't know about all of that David." Which he said he interpreted to mean OK SURE. Then Sunday I overhear him and BIL planning and was like well fuck it, he already told BIL he could go and he likes shark fishing so I'll suck it up. So I wasn't going to say anything but then he ASKED...so I TOLD him. And now he has wisely decided to cancel. But somehow made me feel bad about not saying flat out NO from the start.

Wait, what? Did you ask how the moby worked? Oh yeah, worked like a charm!

Anniversary
  • Options
    megash113 said:

Oh man. What a night.

Uhhh... At least the wearing worked?

Yes, the wearing worked. It put DH's life in danger but LO did stop crying and that's a trade I'm sometimes willing to make.

Ohhhhhh marriage.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You're not alone. My LO is in the witching hour club as well. H is happy to take him and eventually (after a few hours) gets him to sleep. It's such a relief!
  • Options
    Question about the baby wearing thing. When LO falls asleep in there, and you go to put the baby down...do you do a diaper change first? Wouldn't that wake him/her up? Does LO ever wake up 10 minutes later all mad bcs you removed him from his snug little cocoon?

I'm curious about logistics. 

• Options
    Codypup said:

Question about the baby wearing thing. When LO falls asleep in there, and you go to put the baby down...do you do a diaper change first? Wouldn't that wake him/her up? Does LO ever wake up 10 minutes later all mad bcs you removed him from his snug little cocoon?

I'm curious about logistics. 
    DS wakes up when being removed from the sling, so.... There's that answer. If he's sleeping in it during the day I just leave him in there and go about my business.
    If baby slept through being removed, I wouldn't do a diaper change- that would guarantee a wake up and it would be unpleasant for everyone.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah if I take him out no diaper change. He eats often enough that he gets his diaper changed at least 8-9 times per day and no rash. Sometimes even a dry one at night but he's going to be 9 weeks Monday *ugly cry* so he's slowing down on the diapers. But even if he was wet I would not wake him up to change him. Also at this stage there's a little poop in every diaper but it's always soaked all the way in and it's like the size of a quarter or nickel so no....

Anniversary
  • Options

I think I'm joining this club tonight... LO has been crazy from 9pm-??? It's almost 1am... Boob works until I try to move him to his bed... Then screams again...

This is my daughter right now! I didnt know if it counts as witching hour because its so late. She'll be fine all day until 9/10ish-1/2am. The only thing that works when nothing else will is walking around the house with her. Sometimes I'll sing to her to drown out her cries (mainly for my own sanity!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"