Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What were your m/c warning signs?

I had a missed miscarriage last November and with that pregnancy never had any of the typical symptoms - no breast tenderness, no increased need to pee, no blood thumping through my veins, no nausea, no fatigue.  Nonetheless, I will still shocked to find out we had lost the pregnancy just after we saw a good heartbeat a 6w2d.  

With this pregnancy, I experienced slight waves of nausea, but NOTHING else.  It never got worse as time went on either, so I knew something wasn't right.  No increased need to pee, no breast tenderness, no fatigue.  We saw the heartbeat at 6w with this pregnancy as well, but it was only 93bpm.  5 days later our u/s showed that the heartbeat had dropped to 65.  Tomorrow I have another u/s with a D&C tentatively scheduled if the heartbeat is altogether gone.

So I'm just curious...did you have any red flags when you miscarried?

Re: What were your m/c warning signs?

• Options
    meganscherermeganscherer member
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Both times I had no indication I was miscarrying except for spotting. I wish there is some way I could've known. Honestly looking back my symptoms were slowly going away. But at the time I didn't notice that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***Live child ticker***

For me the only symptoms I had were fatigue and increase in appetite and some bleeding. I also had this feeling that I might be losing my LO but didn't want to believe it. I went for a u/s this past Wednesday and saw nothing on the screen, my sweet baby had already passed. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are going through this. I had two m/cs and each one was completed different. The first was a missed m/c and the only sign was bouts of nausea to the point of almost passing out in church on Easter. I found out a week later that I m/ced through ultrasound. This time, I experienced bleeding like a period and pretty much knew it was another m/c. I'm pretty sure this is the most common symptom. That was confirmed through ultrasound too. I think each varies but it depends on the circumstances.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    It was so disconcerting with my missed miscarriage because I never had any sort of spotting, bleeding, or cramping.  I started to spot 4 weeks after the pregnancy had already failed.  I suspected the same thing was going on with this pregnancy even though I haven't started to bleed yet, so I pretty much demanded an ultrasound to confirm my suspicion.  It was hard enough losing a pregnancy, but it added insult to injury to only find out about it a month later...this time given my gut instincts, we are being hypervigiliant and nipping things in the bud so that we can heal and move on.  It's a terrible situation to be in.

• Options

Hugs to you

I only had two separate spotting/little gush of blood a week apart. Which my ob chalked up to vanishing twin syndrome since there were two sacs in my first ultrasound. Looking back my boobs stopped being rock hard and sore around week 9 and I had a constant feeling something was wrong. I also had the lightest pink discharge since my bfp. No morning sickness just fatigue and hunger.

Bfp1/8/14 ultrasound#1 7wk0d heartbeat in healthy baby with 2nd gestational sac (vts) ultrasound #2 8wks2d growing and heartbeat no more twin. Ultrasound #3 10wk0d no heartbeat mmc at around 9weeks. D&c 2/20/14

Me: 33, PCOS, Type2 MH: 35, Type2
    BFP#1 1/8/14 due 9/16/14- mmc 2/16- d&c 2/20/14
    Benched till 6/18/14

• Options
    With my missed m/c I had all the pregnancy symptoms and no signs of m/c until the u/s where we saw the baby had no heartbeat at 9w1d even though it measured 8w+. I even vomited that morning. In hindsight, I was super paranoid and alwYs thought something was wrong. I chalked it up to being a ftm.
  • Options
    I had very sore breasts and tired before I even tested positive. I miscarried today. About 2 days ago my breasts started to feel "normal" again. That was my only sign I had. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had spotting and then bleeding for three weeks. I kept getting ultrasounds with heartbeats from 169-179. The last one was less than 48 hours before the miscarriage. I still don't understand what happened.

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss......I had a missed miscarriage, I started to have brown spotting, very light really, cramps in the back of my legs too, the spotting brown went on and on for over a month, after about 7 weeks, I started to bleed, had terrible cramps, that just seemed to come on quickly, then a lot of clotting....I have gone through a natural miscarriage, as I have a uterine fibroid and they advised no D and C. 

The strange thing is, once I was spotting, I started to feel "less pregnant" as if I just knew it was happening, my partner, he kept telling me I'd be ok and that I was healthy...It hurts and upsets me to read that it happens to so many of us, I'll never understand why this has happened, I'm struggling with that all the time at the moment. 

Take care and thoughts to all....
  • Options
    I found out I was pregnant in May of 2013 and miscarried in June of 2013. My first signs were before I even knew I was pregnant. I had very light spotting which was out of the ordinary for me. I took a pregnancy test the next morning and it was positive. I felt kind of off, but it was my first pregnancy so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be feeling. 

I definitely felt sick nearly the entire time. I had some spotting which everyone (family and nursing staff) assured me was "normal". I was worried but I thought I'd wait and see.

On May 24th I had what I described as a "smear of blood" when I wiped after peeing. IT made me nervous and it didn't feel right. It was late afternoon on a Friday so when I called my midwife I was referred to the ER. They did an ultrasound and the baby was measuring a week behind, and they were asking me if I was totally sure about my dates, etc. On the discharge form, it said something about an enlarged sac, but no one in the ER talked to me about it. 

A few weeks later I was at my MIL's house and I went to the bathroom and there was a lot of blood. Much more than a smear. The next morning I called my midwife and went in for an appointment as the bleeding continued. After another ultrasound, I was told I was having a miscarriage and given the option to do a d&c or pass naturally. The d&c sounded completely terrifying so I decided to go home and pass naturally.

The cramps started the next afternoon - more intense than period cramps but not extremely painful. The whole thing took about 6 hours and I spent the majority of the time in the bathtub.

This was a really long post to say that my only real sign was bleeding.
    I will say that I noticed a fading of "normal pregnancy symptoms" as well, although in my opinion that stuff can get in your head really easily.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am having a missed m/c now - the only pregnancy symptoms I had were breast tenderness, breast enlargement, exhaustion, mild cramps from the uterus making room for baby and increased need to pee - other than that I had no nausea or morning sickness to speak of. I had my first u/s at 7 weeks and the baby had a strong heartbeat then a couple of weeks later the few symptoms I had went away. I had a feeling that something was off but did not have any cramps or spotting. Being a ftm I chalked it up to being very lucky but still had a feeling that something was off so I figured I would just wait til my next appt. I had my second u/s at 11 wks, there was no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing at 7w4d which was a few days after the first u/s. I have a d&c scheduled for tomorrow and of course dh and I are heartbroken. Although I am of AMA we will be trying again when it is safe to do so. My T&P are with you.
  • Options
    I experienced sore throat, fever/chills, abdominal cramping like a menstrual period, and dark brown bleeding with clots and tissue. I am currently in the middle of waiting to pass my baby naturally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"