Trouble TTC
Options

How do you store your Bravelle?

CandaceC1020CandaceC1020 member
edited February 2014 in Trouble TTC
Just got my first shipment of fertility meds.  Hubby is at home to receive the shipment and I'm at work. 

He put the Ovidrel in the fridge ... does Bravelle go in there too? 
We sent an email to my nurse at my RE, but you gals will probably respond quicker.

We got the lovely progesterone vaginal suppositories and clomid too. 

Thanks!!
Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

Re: How do you store your Bravelle?

• Options
    CandaceC1020CandaceC1020 member
    edited February 2014
    Rumbera28, YOU RULE!!!  Thank you!
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Options
    Rumbera28 said:
    Refrigeration keeps it fresh long after the exp date, but if you're using it this cycle, there's no need.

I understand you mean well, but please don't give out false information about drug product stability or shelf life. There is no such thing as keeping an antibody or hormone "fresh" long after a mfr scientifically determined expiry by using special storage conditions. Even if it is lyophilized. If it's expired, you shouldn't use it. As someone who has been formulating antibodies for most of my adult life, I implore you.

My Doctors office tried to tell me it was okay to use a vial of expired Bravelle once. When I reconstituted it, it was full of particles. Needless to say I chucked it and got a vial within expiry.

To the OP, as long as you use the Bravelle during its shelf life you should be good.

Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:
    The refrigeration info was passed onto me from the pharmacist.  It's not a recommendation to use expired meds, but refrigeration actually will preserve it longer (according to them).

oops... accidentally hit "save".

So this is news to me, and thanks for this info -- I'm going to call them and ask them again.

I give that pharmacist severe side-eye. I get that he probably, again, means well, but he's also not the one to pay the bills for drug mfr lawsuits from patient complaints or adverse events. If the drug could meet required quality standards for well past the current expiry, believe me, the drug mfr would file for a shelf life extension with the quickness.

Drug product expiry is not a suggestion, years of development and money go into determining those dates.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"