Health & Exercise

Pregnant Runners (February 24th-March 2nd)

MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
edited February 2014 in Health & Exercise
What's on the plan, runners?

Monday: 5 Miles
Tuesday: Ended up sleeping in. I couldn't get excited about bike and abs (abs are still cool in first tri, right?)
Wednesday: 8 Miles
Thursday: I'm going to try the Tracy Anderson Month 2 video. I hated the Month 1.
Friday: 8 Miles, shoulders & tris
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 12 Miles

Still no issues getting in the miles so far. No morning sickness or anything to report.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant Runners (February 24th-March 2nd)

• edited February 2014
    Monday- 5.5 miles + an hr of Bootcamp.
    Tues- 5 hilly miles.
    Weds- 5.5 miles+ an hr of Bootcamp
    Thurs- hoping for 7-8 miles.
    Fri- Bootcamp + 5-7 miles.
    Sat- long run of 10-13 miles.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• @Spurp13- I'm 22 weeks and still doing all of my normal ab exercises. Most OBs will tell you to stop anything that has you flat on your back after 14 weeks.
    With my first pregnancy, I kept up my normal core routine though week 25, then modified for the rest of my pregnancy. You can safely do things like planks all the way to your delivery date.

• Loading the player...
  • MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks @marathonmom823! I have Jillian's ab DVDs, and I love them. I didn't want to stop doing them, because I really want the back/core strength. I don't think a TON of her videos have flat-on-your-back stuff.

I can't imagine a plank at 40 weeks. I can't.
  • Still just running daily (3-6 mi) and trying to get in a longer (10-12 mi) run on the weekend, weather permitting (no ice).

Last weekend I ran and bit it on the ice. I called my H SOBBING that I hurt the baby and that I was a selfish mother. He told me that the baby was fine and, of course, I think s/he is. UGH ice.

I bought a new camelback since my old one (from 2005!) sprung a leak and my fuel belt doesn't fit around my waist anymore (I have to wear it up under my boobs and that's not comfy).

• Still just running daily (3-6 mi) and trying to get in a longer (10-12 mi) run on the weekend, weather permitting (no ice).

Last weekend I ran and bit it on the ice. I called my H SOBBING that I hurt the baby and that I was a selfish mother. He told me that the baby was fine and, of course, I think s/he is. UGH ice.

I bought a new camelback since my old one (from 2005!) sprung a leak and my fuel belt doesn't fit around my waist anymore (I have to wear it up under my boobs and that's not comfy).

I'm sure the baby's fine--there's so much cushioning in there! Were YOU ok?

And, I laughed at the idea of wearing a fuel belt around my boobs. I am a bad person. Can you wear it REALLY low? I feel like that would bother me as well.
  • @TrishieTerp yikes on the fall! I hope you're ok!
    Have you tried running with a hand-held water bottle? The thought of running with water sounds awesome to me- it's been a well-below average cold winter here (lots of below zero days, and hasn't been above freezing since Dec)! Are you in the south?

• @SPurp- it probably helped that I delivered DS 2.5 weeks early! I'm not sure I would have still been doing a plank if I made it to 40 weeks either ;)

• Ladies - I am a postpartum momma, but can I join you? It will help motivate me to keep running. Thanks
  • @mommaoftrips, of course! I'll need you in 8 months because I'll have a different set of running questions then!
  • @TrishieTerp yikes on the fall! I hope you're ok! Have you tried running with a hand-held water bottle? The thought of running with water sounds awesome to me- it's been a well-below average cold winter here (lots of below zero days, and hasn't been above freezing since Dec)! Are you in the south?
    I second this. I have a fuel belt, but I only ran with it a few times. I ended up with a Nathan handheld water bottle, and I know it sounds awful to run with it in your hand, but I ran 20-milers and forgot it was there. I'd switch hands once in a while. I loved it so much better than a fuel belt. Sucks because the fuel belt and accessories was literally at least 6 or 7x the cost of the handheld. If you're interested, I can try to figure out what model, but I bought mine a few years ago on Amazon.
  • @Spurp13 - good for you, so jealous - I thought I would be you when I was pregnant but I was so high risk and put on modified bed rest for 2 weeks early on, I just didn't have it in me to pick running back-up once restrictions were removed. I walked A LOT instead.

@marathonmom823 - you're doing great, what type of bootcamp are you doing?

@TrishieTerp - so sorry about the fall and glad you're ok. I have never run with water so sadly can't offer advice but sounds like you're doing the Rand D to be able to say what works best.

A little into - I have always been a competitive runner (varsity track and xcountry). I am now a 'stress relieving/me time runner. I have 18 month old triplets. I only have a 20-30 minute window to do my running, so not getting distance anymore but hopefully as my LOs get bigger I will get more time.

This week
    Monday - 3 miles
    Tuesday - 3 miles in 22 minutes
    Wednesday - 3 miles in 21 minutes
    Thursday-Friday will be the same ;)
    Nothing on the weekends.
  • @TrishieTerp yikes on the fall! I hope you're ok! Have you tried running with a hand-held water bottle? The thought of running with water sounds awesome to me- it's been a well-below average cold winter here (lots of below zero days, and hasn't been above freezing since Dec)! Are you in the south?
    Oh I'm in Maryland --- it's 10*F here today! I still bring water for double digit runs even in the winter :)

• Well, I skipped my first run today during pregnancy.

I did NOTHING but sleep. I wouldn't say I felt nautious, exactly. It was more of just burping constantly with a sort of heartburn situation (I took medication for acid reflux for years, so this isn't unbearable or new for me). 

I feel like I should have done it. I was just SO tired. I took 3 separate naps. 

I might try to add in a few short runs this week to try to make up miles, but I generally hate doing that because 1) missing one run (or a week of runs, really) doesn't really hurt in the long run, and I KNOW THAT, and 2) making up missed runs is generally pointless. 

I just feel guilty. 

Someone tell me the fatigue isn't necessarily CONSTANT. I can take a few days a week, but I don't want to be like this for the entire first trimester. Plus, I'm starting a new job tomorrow, so I'm terrified I'll fall asleep during training (I didn't plan on telling my employer until April about the pregnancy).

The good news is, I feel like if I would have done the run first thing in the morning, it would have been done and over with. So, hopefully I can attempt that even on weekends to get them in.
  • SPurp13:
    1. Don't feel guilty. I totally understand the guilt but you have to give yourself a break. I once skipped a run and slept for 2 hours. I felt guilty but I know I needed teh sleep.
    2. The fatigue isn't constant. You are in the thick of feeling shitty. Give it 6ish weeks and you'll feel MUCH better overall.
    3. Hang in there!!

• Hello! I just got my BFP 3 days ago. I have been running 3 days a week and want to continue my running routine as long as possible through my pregnancy. I also lift weights 2-3 times a week.

For this week:
    M: I planned to lift but was too tired
    T: ran 4 miles
    W: lifted weights
    T: plan to run 4-5 miles
    F: weights
    S: run 6-7 miles
    S: either rest or lift weights

I have signed up for 4 half marathons for this spring. The first one is in 10 days.

• sj+cm131 said:

Hello! I just got my BFP 3 days ago. I have been running 3 days a week and want to continue my running routine as long as possible through my pregnancy. I also lift weights 2-3 times a week.

For this week:
    M: I planned to lift but was too tired
    T: ran 4 miles
    W: lifted weights
    T: plan to run 4-5 miles
    F: weights
    S: run 6-7 miles
    S: either rest or lift weights

I have signed up for 4 half marathons for this spring. The first one is in 10 days.

Ugh - I totally didn't look at the dates in the title. Why is last weeks thread listed higher than this weeks?!? I will get it right next time

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"