3rd Trimester

Third trimester gender pic. Help!

This is my third trimester ultrasound pic. I had one at 20 weeks and the tech said it was a girl. I had a different tech this time (at 33 weeks) who also said this was a girl. I'm just not convinced though. Her labia just seems like it's protruding quite a bit or maybe it's swollen. I don't know if this is normal for a girl in the third trimester or if this is a scrotum. Of course I wouldn't mind a boy but I have sooo many girl things, it would be such a pain to change everything! What do you all think??  Have any of you had third trimester girl ultrasounds that look like this? 

Re: Third trimester gender pic. Help!

• Seriously the us techs have way more expertise than we do.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having a girl and the tech described her parts as a "hamburger". That was at 28.5wks. That looks hamburgery to me, but trust your techs.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • We are not trained ultrasound techs.
  • Looks like labia to me.  Testicles are often descended at this point so you would likely see those in a scrotum with fluid around them...plus there would also be a penis.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Guess you'll find out soon! I have no idea what I'm looking at. I'd just go with what your tech said. Thank goodness for return policies!!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You have a legit question. And anyone can get a good understanding of how to view a sonogram if they just spend time looking at them (google has tons). That is definitely a girl. The penis would be obvious, and while you only have a screen cap here, the US tech would have scanned over the whole area and would have both seen the penis if it existed and given you a picture of it. Congrats! I am having a girl too and spent so much time looking at boy and girl anatomy scans on google before my ultrasound that I knew she was a girl before the tech said it out loud.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • jmcdyer said:

You have a legit question. And anyone can get a good understanding of how to view a sonogram if they just spend time looking at them (google has tons). That is definitely a girl. The penis would be obvious, and while you only have a screen cap here, the US tech would have scanned over the whole area and would have both seen the penis if it existed and given you a picture of it. Congrats! I am having a girl too and spent so much time looking at boy and girl anatomy scans on google before my ultrasound that I knew she was a girl before the tech said it out loud.

Well, look here y'all, we can become trained sonographers by using the googles to view u/s photos. :-?

imageimageimage

• You have a legit question. And anyone can get a good understanding of how to view a sonogram if they just spend time looking at them (google has tons). That is definitely a girl. The penis would be obvious, and while you only have a screen cap here, the US tech would have scanned over the whole area and would have both seen the penis if it existed and given you a picture of it. Congrats! I am having a girl too and spent so much time looking at boy and girl anatomy scans on google before my ultrasound that I knew she was a girl before the tech said it out loud.
    Well, look here y'all, we can become trained sonographers by using the googles to view u/s photos. :-?
    Absolutely, bugger the next 4 years of training I was about to do (yep, about to train!! woo hoo), Ill just do google searches instead!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • IBackBevo said:

I hope that is a girl because if it is a boy, he is missing his penis.

Lmao I just died
  • Ultrasound techs have training for this. No amount of googling will take the place of that! I have no clue what the hell I'm even looking at! Trust your techs, and congratulations on your little girl!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Trust you tech. Additionally it is quite common for newborns to have swollen genitals and for girls to have discharge/blood in the first few days/weeks.
  • If two trained u/s techs have said girl, I'd go with that.  I'm just an bank teller.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"