Rhode Island Babies

Looking for a smaller OB practice in Providence Area

Hello Rhode Island mothers, I am seeking suggestions for an OB-GYN practice. I was with the Center for Ob-Gyn in Providence but sadly suffered a miscarriage at 10+ weeks.  It was very devastating, especially since this was my first pregnancy. Although I recognize that nothing about my care (or lack of) caused it, I felt a real lack of support. My doctor there is a very kind person, but she was completely noncommunicative when I had 3 weeks of spotting and bleeding but healthy ultrasounds up until 2 days before. I kept being told by nurses that I was "normal," so I was largely unprepared when the actual, very painful miscarriage happened. I think that much of this was due to the fact that every time I called, I spoke to a different nurse. I have no idea how they communicated my symptoms, and it seems like no one conveyed to the doctor how they were worsening. 
           I am hoping to find a smaller practice (1-3 doctors if they even exist) so that I will not fall through the cracks. I would also like to be able to receive my results from a doctor rather than a nurse, and I would like to be monitored by a doctor if I have a threatened miscarriage in the future. It doesn't matter to me whether it's a male or female doctor. I would prefer an older doctor who has more experience and can give me anecdotal information about what he/she has seen.

Thank you so much for your help!  I am not from this area, and I don't have any friends in Providence, so I am hoping some of you will be able to point me in the right direction(s).

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Looking for a smaller OB practice in Providence Area

• Hello I go to dr Marc Jaffee in east providence he is great it is just him and a nurse practishiner (sp) it very small and great any time I have a prob I get a call from my doc directly and every one there is so nice this is my second pregnancy and with my first I had no complantes
  • charpecharpe member
    edited February 2014
    Dr. David Beitle on Eddy St in Providence. He was also listed in RI Monthly's Top Docs issue. He's the only doctor in the practice! They knew me by name when I called. If I had a question, I could talk to the nurse or doctor directly. He is very laid back which fit my personality well. Also made me relaxed and at ease during my labor & delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the recommendations. I am so grateful to know that practices like this exist!  

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not a regular on this board, but I am in RI.  First, OP, I'm so sorry for your loss and the lack of support that you felt.  I go to Center for OB/GYN, and recently changed doctors within the practice because my old dr (Wiggins) stopped doing OB work to focus on breast health (my first appointment with my new dr. was just before finding out I was pregnant this tme).  I'd love to know who your dr there was, if you don't mind sharing.  Through my last pregnancy, I met one or two other doctors there and wasn't impressed.  I also have had a couple of friends report no love for their doctor there, but I've heard wonderful things about my new one and really liked her at my first appointment (I'm hoping that remains the case now that I'm pregnant and will be seeing her often).  So yeah, if you don't mind saying who it was, I'm really curious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I goto Dr. Beitle as well. I highly recommend him. I previously went to a bigger practice (Bayside). Once I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I immediately knew that I would switch as I had no interest roating drs, not knowing who would deliver etc. It was a relief to see the same exact Dr. every single appt and know who exactly would be in the delivery room with me. He is a solo practioner with a staff of 3 and everyone knows you by name. He has excellent bedside manner and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!
  • Very helpful info - I'm also new to the Providence area and am disappointed in the OBGYN practice that I currently go to. Thanks! 
    married since: September 2011
    TTC since: August 2014
    DH: 35
    Me: 35
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"