3rd Trimester

I'm donnnnnnne!

omg I have been reluctant to say this up until now, but I just want to be DONE! I am soooo over being pregnant these days! I just want to be comfy again! Sorry if this makes me sound awful, but I've officially reached the part where I am over it all and want this kid out....(even though I know he has to stay put for another 4 weeks, ergh) ok thats my rant for the night....
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I'm donnnnnnne!

• A lot of us all feel the same way! It definitely doesn't make you awful. Growing a baby isn't an easy task. Just keep in mind it's only temporary!! :)
  • I am with you! I'm due in 4 days (and I've been ready to be done for at least 3 weeks now) and I will probably go postal if I'm overdue, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so on board with this! I'm 2 weeks away from my due date and I think it's going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. I can't do any of even the simplest tasks that I used to. I can't get comfortable at all. I'm already getting max 1 1/2 hours of sleep at a time so I guess that is prepping me well for the late night feedings but at least once this kid is out the 1 1/2 hour I do get will at least not result in me waking up w/hip & back pain. I'm so at the end of my rope I actually cried hysterically yesterday morning for 30 minutes after spilling milk on the only pair of maternity jeans that still fit me & having all of my sweats in the wash. I know it was all hormonal but this is yet another reason I'm done. I want my body and emotions back under my own control. I am a FTM and I have always said I only wanted one child, after being pregnant I know that I am definitely one and done. I have so much respect for anyone who has dont this multiple times, kudos to you superwomen! DH's grandmother did it 9 times! I could not even imagine. Hang in there ladies, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can so relate. I loved being pregnant (and most of the time I still do)... but I am getting so uncomfortable... and not sleeping at all that it is wearing on me. My husband is amazing and is making it much easier for me to get through these next couple weeks. Thank god for him otherwise I would be admitting myself into an institution I'm sure from sleep deprivation!! (Which I also agree with someone above... I know I'l still be sleep deprived when the baby comes but at least i'll be a LITTLE more comfortable ;)

Hang in there girls! :)
  • I'm right there with you.  DS was basically on time, so I figured this one might come a week or so early...not so much. 

I'm tired of only being able to sleep an hour or so at a time, the stabbing crotch pains, the heartburn, not being able to put DS on my lap, not being able to shave my legs without contorting...and I'm not a big drinker, but I realllllly want a pina colada!

OB has tentatively talked about induction on 2/28 due to my rising BP, so at least there's kind of light at the end of tunnel.  I just wish she'd make her appearance!

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• I'm feeling completly done now too. I want to keep up with my son and not feel like ass. Totally over it!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Also done... bedrest is so boring. I want to go to the park with my son. I want to take walks. I'm sick of contracting and want to be in labor. But I also want to take a baby home right away this time so I know I need to be patient. I HATE BEING PATIENT!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • I'm only 30 weeks and I feel the same way... Not that I want him coming out this early, but I'm really starting to countdown the weeks.  Being pregnant is hard work.  And I know how HUGE of a blessing this is, especially since I come from a very rough ttc journey, but it's ok to say that it's hard and you can't wait to actually meet your baby. 
  • Yup right there with you! Now 4 days overdue and I was done at least 4 weeks ago. If it's not the heartburn it's the heartburn medication which makes me feel sick, increasing anxiety about giving birth and having another child to look after, fat ankles, sore back and hips in agony and the 8 pees every single night!! Now added in is daily text messages asking if he's arrived yet!!! SO SO SO DONE WITH IT ALL!!!
  • Haha I was just getting ready to post pretty much the same thing... I'm soon ready for this baby boy to show up!! I'm so insanely uncomfortable now that I wake up at 4:30 am and just get up for the day. It will be one thing to be sleep deprived because of a newborn but this just sucks. I have zero energy, my feet look like marshmallows, i have lovely cankles...they hurt and my back is killing me! The worst of the waiting is just so badly wanting to hug and kiss my sweet little boy but I feel like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER!! Only a week until my due date but we will see when he decides it's time.
    I hope time passes quickly for you and you're obviously not alone in the way you feel! :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Mattingly23 I understand what you mean. My last pregnancy was not easy to say the least. I thought it was never going to end, I'd be the one person to be pregnant forever. Clearly I was wrong, I've got my almost 6 month old sleeping in my arms right now. Hehe! Just hang in there, darling! You'll make it!
  • I feel your pain, and you're way farther along than I am...  I'm exhausted all the time, I feel like I'm incapable of taking care of my life...  Nothing wrong with a bit of venting.
  • I'm only 30 weeks and I don't know how I'm gonna get through the next 10! Part of me is thinking hurry up and another part wants time to slow down because I'm not ready! Rock and a hard place I guess.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• I just wanted to say that I suffered from secondary infertility, and I still find myself feeling overwhelmed by this pregnancy, especially since I still have some time left to go. It hasn't been easy from the very beginning and I am looking forward to having the baby here. Somebody once told me that feeling frustrated by pregnancy symptoms is not wishing the pregnancy away. 
    That having been said, I know once the baby gets here, I'll wish I was pregnant again because I'll miss all the great things and conveniently forget about the discomforts :) With DD, in my postpartum hormonal craziness, I sobbed when I realized she was no longer in my stomach. But for now, I'm going to be grumpy. :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• edited February 2014
  • I have a feeling there might be a few people who would flame you for this post...possibly even me for replying, but f**k it, i'm SO with you!! I'm sick of the constant heartburn which no amount of medication will move. I'm sick of waking up every 15 to 20 minutes during the night to either pee, or (try to) roll over because i feel like my hips are being crushed in a vice. I'm sick of being hyper sensitive (weirdly just my feet and calfs at the min though), i can't even walk my dogs because after 5 mins of trying my feet, legs, back and hips are on fire!! I'm sick of not being able to just eat whatever i damn well want because i need to watch my sugars with this stupid GD. I'm also sick of spending time in L&D and coming home STILL pregnant :(

I'm sure i could write a list a mile long why i'm done, i' guessing most people at this stage feel the same, but at the same time, i'd hate to give birth too early and risk any harm to my baby, we just have to keep reminding ourselves, it's not long now, and it will ALL be more than worth it when the time comes :)
    THISS!!
  • I agree one hundred percent! We are less than six weeks from our delivery date and it feels like I have been pregnant forever!!
    I can't remember feeling "normal." I want to take hot baths, drink red wine, eat cold turkey sandwiches and drink a Dr Pepper without worrying about my blood sugar spiking thru the roof! There is no shame in wanting to feel like yourself again. Yes we do get to bring a new life in the world, yes we do get the overwhelming joy of becoming a mother, but at the end of the day, I still want to feel like a human!
  • 9 months is a really long gestation in the animal world~ I think elephants and whales maybe go longer, but it is a long time to be pregnant.  I just want to say I'm right there with you, I'm not someone who enjoys being pregnant (there are some things I love about it, but not the whole thing) and I want a healthy full-term baby, of course, but it is OK TO SAY WE ARE READY TO BE DONE!
  • I just cooked dinner for me and my daughter then did the dishes and now I feel like I'm going to drop dead. I will be happy to soon not feel like this after doing simple tasks!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I came on to the message board tonight because I was feeling the exact same way!  I saw your post and started to cry.  I am 36 wks 5 days and thankful for every one of those days.  My DS was born at 33 wks and spent 2 1/2 weeks in the NICU so I very much wanted to have a longer pregnancy this time around.  I feel very resentful of wanting this pregnancy to be done.  I keep trying to set small goals for my self saying "I can make it to the end of the week".  Just trying to distract myself from the fact that I could potentially be pregnant for 3 more weeks.  That  seems very overwhelming to me.  I'm glad that many of you are also comfortable in saying that you feel done as well. 
  • I'm 32 weeks & 4 days and I've been done since 30 weeks. I am incredibly grateful that my baby is checking out to be healthy, and I'm so happy that we are going to welcome our little girl here shortly, but being pregnant is not easy. Heartburn, constipation, acid reflux, sciatica, sore boobs, swollen EVERYTHING, who "wants" this? No one, that's who! Of course it will be worth it in the end, but are you all sick of hearing that? We're not bad people because we want to meet our babies, we're not bad people because we need to vent, we just need to have places like this to release our frustrations and not feel like crazy nut jobs every day. I'm glad you posted this and to anyone who judges you or takes your post as anything other than venting...well they're the crazy nut jobs. :) 
  • I'm 32 weeks & 4 days and I've been done since 30 weeks. I am incredibly grateful that my baby is checking out to be healthy, and I'm so happy that we are going to welcome our little girl here shortly, but being pregnant is not easy. Heartburn, constipation, acid reflux, sciatica, sore boobs, swollen EVERYTHING, who "wants" this? No one, that's who! Of course it will be worth it in the end, but are you all sick of hearing that? We're not bad people because we want to meet our babies, we're not bad people because we need to vent, we just need to have places like this to release our frustrations and not feel like crazy nut jobs every day. I'm glad you posted this and to anyone who judges you or takes your post as anything other than venting...well they're the crazy nut jobs. :) 
    THIS! Thank you! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I wasn't being literal...just mentally want to be done, but as I said earlier if the dr told me I needed to be pregnant for another six months id obviously do it, I'll do whatever I can to have a healthy baby, I've just reached the point where I'm so uncomfortable that it's making me want to be done. If you've never even once felt this way then I guess you're just a better person than me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I wasn't being literal...just mentally want to be done, but as I said earlier if the dr told me I needed to be pregnant for another six months id obviously do it, I'll do whatever I can to have a healthy baby, I've just reached the point where I'm so uncomfortable that it's making me want to be done. If you've never even once felt this way then I guess you're just a better person than me.

I completely understand you. If you would have said "I'm done and I need tips on how to get this kids out now" I would have flammed the shit out of you, but that's not what you were saying.
  • I'm not ashamed to admit i cried at my hospital appointment yesterday when they told me that even with GD and GBS they would consider letting me go the 10 days past my due date. I think at this late stage we're all in pain, on edge and maybe either feeling so stabby we're willing to dig at anyone and everyone (including each other), or we're reading things wrong and taking it the wrong way. Personally, after yesterday, i would have been more than happy to take on the world, I was SO upset, but it's just one of those things, and we're all just going to have to deal with it the best we can for the next few weeks :)

Not everyone here is pregnant.
  • not everyone in 3rd tri is pregnant? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just wondering why you'd be in the 3rd tri board if you werent pregnant or just finished being pregnant... there's so many other boards....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Soooooooooooooo right there with ya girl!!!! 37 weeks 3 days..... Heartburn, sciatica, false contractions, not sleeping, peeing ALL THE TIME.... Ugh...... OVER IT!!!!!! Not to mention how bad my pelvis hurts and pubic bone, it's on fire constantly. Hang in there girl.... Hopefully it goes fast! For us all!!
    Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"