Attachment Parenting

Opinions of the Moby wrap, please.

I am now 14 weeks with baby #2. I'm really wanting to wear my baby since I will hopefully be a SAHM. How long, or to what weight does the Moby wrap last? Ie it ideal for smaller toddlers?

Re: Opinions of the Moby wrap, please.

• I think the Moby shines as a newborn carrier - it is very stretchy so tends to sag with the weight of an older baby and it can't be used for back carries.  

I have lots of info on carriers in my siggy link that might help you decide.  If you like the idea of wrapping, a woven wrap will be better suited for newborn to toddler.
  • It's definitely going to depend on you and your child.  I hear a lot of people say it was only good for newborns, but I wore my son in the Moby until he was about 10 months old.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I too wore my daughter in the moby until aprox 10 months old. I really liked it
  • I loved my Moby wrap when DS was small.  We used it from the time he was born until he about 4 or 5 months.  At that point, he didn't seem to like it as much, and we used the Ergo more.  There may have been other positions DS would have liked more, but I didn't try them.

DS slept all day in the Moby when I was on maternity leave, and I loved it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I still wear almost-12 mo DS in it around the house for short spurts when he needs the extra closeness. It stopped being very useful as wrap for longer periods once he started getting really reachy/grabby. I stopped wearing it out of the house when the heat started hitting mid-spring/early summer, though. 

• We used the Moby all the time when DD was a newborn.  I occasionally wore it out and about until she was about 5 months old or so.  Once she fit into the Ergo, I used that instead of the Ergo since it was much easier.  Also, DD was born in March so once the weather started getting warmer the fabric of the Moby was just too warm.  I remember we went on a hike when DD was about 3 months old in the Moby.  She was still too little to fit in the Ergo.  Anyway, about 10 minutes in it got so unbearably hot with the Moby that I had to take her out and DH carried her in his arms the rest of the hike.
    I still like the Moby but the fabric is just so hot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved the Moby and used it all the time until DD was about 5-6 months, then started using the Ergo most of the time. I would say about 2 minutes after wrapping her in the Moby, she would fall asleep. consistently. I didn't go anywhere without it!
  • mb314 said:
    I loved my Moby wrap when DS was small.  We used it from the time he was born until he about 4 or 5 months.  At that point, he didn't seem to like it as much, and we used the Ergo more.  There may have been other positions DS would have liked more, but I didn't try them.

DS slept all day in the Moby when I was on maternity leave, and I loved it.
    I agree with @mb314. The Moby was awesome for newborn up until about five months. Then the Ergo was much easier to throw on and go somewhere. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I loved the moby and I'm a little sad that I didn't really figure out how to use it until DD was about 11 weeks old.  I was going to be flying with her, so it forced me to figure it out.  I would have loved it when she was a lot younger.  I actually was able to use it until she was 9 months or so, somewhere around the 15 lb mark was when she got too big for it.  Then I got a boba, which I'd still be using today (she's now about 25 lbs) if she'd let me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I got one for my shower, so I was able to use it from day 3 with DD. It was a lifesaver! If you're on the fence about wrapping, I'd suggest starting with this one, since it's much less of an investment than a woven, and you can even register for one from a big-box retailer (and that way maybe even get it as a gift!). If you decide you like wrapping, I'd look into a woven wrap, since it will take you farther and be more versatile than the Moby.
  • Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"