Health & Exercise

Pregnant Runners (Belt Question)

MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
edited February 2014 in Health & Exercise
I'm obviously not that far along, but I have a friend who is 27 weeks, running a LOT (just did a 24-hour run where she completed about 35-40 miles). She's asking for belt recommendations.

She tried Gabriella and the FitSplint, and I've heard of the Modella and the It's You Babe Mini Cradle, but I obviously have no experience, and I thought I'd ask here, hoping the info will be useful for me, too. I have several races scheduled, so I'm trying to think ahead and hope for the best.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant Runners (Belt Question)

• I bought one from Motherhood Maternity. I'm not sure of the brand, but it was about $40 and gives me a ton of supportb
  • I'll pass that info along to her and keep it mind for when it comes time for me to need something similar, thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Fitsplint and works great. I like the fact that one band goes under the belly and the other goes over to grow with you. I've been using mine since 19 wks for running only.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have the mini cradle, gets great reviews on amazon and it won't break the bank ;). I would compare reviews on the brands you asked about on that website just to see what people think. 

I'm so glad I got the cradle, It's not like its some massive support belt, it helps just the right amount without being to constrictive. I've been wearing it sense 26 weeks and I'm still using it now at 35 weeks. Running is so much harder and slower, but I would have been down for the count by now for sure without that belt!
  • @zoegirltx -- the band is for support, not a hydration system

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"