Attachment Parenting

Hello

Hi everyone I am new to AP although after reading up on it I have been doing this without knowing it had an official name. I am hoping to be an active member over here since I feel kind of out of sorts IRL. My DS is almost 9 weeks and I adore him :). Im a FTM and as duh as it sounds he has truly changed me. He's a very happy baby and everyone says it seems as though him and I are very strongly bonded(which makes me so happy). I feel out of sorts because family, friends and even DF seem to think I am "spoiling" him and I think I am just making sure he knows that I am here to do whatever he needs or wants from me. When he cries I go to him right away and meet whatever need he has, even if it's just him wanting me right there with him. And that's why according to them I'm spoiling him. I don't think I am and I know he cannot self soothe etc. so I guess I'm just looking for some support in that I'm not ruining my baby.

Re: Hello

• Ohhh! 9w is so snugly. I don't think I put DD down until 6mo. It helps to have some IRL support from other mamas. Maybe try LA Leche League meetings?

It is impossible to spoil a newborn! Trust your instincts!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks :) I can't go to the local meetings because they are when I am working :(
  • How anyone could think a 9 week baby could be "spoiled" by being soothed and held I just don't understand.
  • Because I hold him when he sleeps and go right to him when he cries they all say he won't ever sleep alone and crying is good for them for a minute. I don't agree I want him to know that when he needs/wants something that is what I'm here for
  • Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited February 2014
  • We are on the same birth board so always feel welcome to talk to me if you want dear. I have been a mommy for 12 years now and have always leaned towards the AP parenting style. I will toss in there again that you can't spoil a baby. I raised both my older kids the same way I am raising this Dec baby and neither of my older two are spoiled. Hugs!!!
  • Thank :) good to see a familiar face over here @Cambury108
  • I felt same way- I just did what I thought was right and someone told me- oh you do that hippie attachment parenting huh? So I looked it up and was like- yeah- I guess that is me! I got so much flack for it- people are crazy! Now I don't even notice and inlaws have learned to shut their mouth. I nailed them one time by saying that baby wearing and bed sharing was spoiling but them buying verso many toys for Christmas we couldn't fit in car or she could even play with wasn't? I told them is rather her want human interaction than a piece of plastic and they needed to think on that. Anyway- if you are the only one you know who parents this way- it is hard but so easy. You're doing right by your lo and I think a lot of insecurities come from other people not having time to commit (or thinking they don't) or from having caved to the pressures of western mindset of baby is on my terms and the independent thinking of playpens and
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Emerald27 said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What beautiful quotes and images, @Emerald27 ! Thank you for sharing these: After a night of virtually no sleep with my four-month-old wakeful baby, I needed this reminder. Brough tears to my eyes.

It sounds like you're doing just what your LO needs, OP. Trust your gut!
    BFP #1 1.2.12 EDD 9.15.12 :: mmc 2.22.12. / d&c 2.23.12 :: 2nd d&c 3.16.12

"there is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

BFP #2 2.27.13 EDD 11.8.13 Grow, baby, grow!

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary

image imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image

~ all ALers welcome ~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"