Babies: 9 - 12 Months

menstrual cycle question

My son is almost 11 months old and I've managed to still breastfeed him. I cut down to nursing only in the morning and before bed top use up my massive storage of milk. Due to cutting down, I got my period back a few months ago. Right away, I was back to my pre-pregnancy, predictable cycle - every 4 and a half weeks on the dot. I just finished a cycle, and now 3 days later, I'm apparently starting another one. Waaaay uncharacteristic. Any thoughts on why this would be happening?
BabyName Ticker

Re: menstrual cycle question

• I think it's fairly common for things to go back and forth after having a baby and breast feeding. Even though they've been regular your body might still be adjusting.
    Just keep an eye on it, if things seem really off call your Obgyn.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • It happens. I've had that happen to me before years ago. Out of the blue! Your hormones are still shifting around.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having this happen to me right now. 1st ppaf was 2/3 after my BF had been interrupted regularly for two weeks. Then I've started bleeding again this past weekend. Not a full period but enough to need a thin pad. I'm like WTF? I'm back on a normal EBF schedule, so maybe thats whats causing the confusion. Glad to hear its normal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm sort of in the same boat, but the other way around. Was getting regular cycles since a few months PP and then when I weaned LO to morning and evening feedings, I stopped getting my period. Haven't had one in just about 2 months (and I'm not prego). I'm pretty sure it's normal for cycles and hormones to go all out of whack when you start weaning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"