C-sections

Gentle C-Section

Hello all! I am going to have a RCS with my current pregnancy in august, (had an emergency with my son) i know its still a way off, but i have been reading ab gentle c section and wondering if you have heard if this or if any one would consider this an option? I found 3 hospitals back east that do this on the regular, and plan to talk to my doc ab it at our appointment but i was wondering ab your thoughts?

For thoes of you who dont know, gentle c/s is skin to skin immediatley after birth while your are being stiched up and taken to recovery...

Thanks ladies!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

Re: Gentle C-Section

• I am having a RCS also, around then end of March, the first time I hardly remember and didn't get to see my baby for almost 2 hours later.  I have spoken to my OB and she said that the hospital as well as herself both practice being mother and baby friendly.  All of my concerns seem to be put at ease, I still made up a list of "Birth requests" just to bring to my next apt.  Some of the things I listed are
    1. ECG leads placed on back
    2. Mom is unrestrained
    3. Baby is delivered a little slower to allow fluid to be squeezed out of lungs
    4. Both parents are included the whole time, partner does not leave with baby
    5. Baby is brought to moms chest for immediate skin to skin
    6. Family is able to bond in low light while surgery is finished
    7. Baby stays with mom entire time (including recovery)
    8. Delay eye medication until in recovery. 
    These are some of the things I wish to happen, but I understand that the safety of Mom and baby come first.  Some of these things may be standard procedures in this hospital.  I am only hoping for a different experience than my 1st birth which still bothers me to this day.  I hope that some or all of these things can happen, I am mostly just wanting skin to skin.  I didn't think the 1st time that I had any say in the matter, it seems things are making a turn for the better.  I sure hope that is the case for both of us.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't hear of this until my third CS when the nurse was stuffing the baby down the neck of my gown right after he was delivered. I found it terrifying because I though he was going to fall and I couldn't see him since he was under my chin basically. I preferred my other sections where DH held the baby and I could touch and see them as I pleased.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kim22 said:

I didn't hear of this until my third CS when the nurse was stuffing the baby down the neck of my gown right after he was delivered. I found it terrifying because I though he was going to fall and I couldn't see him since he was under my chin basically. I preferred my other sections where DH held the baby and I could touch and see them as I pleased.

I feel the same way. I was shaking so badly that I was terrified to have her in my arms, she was all swaddled up too. Plus the extreme nausea and fatigue did not help.
  • I had an unplanned c section due to failure to progress and I was pretty happy with how it went. Like PPs I was shaking pretty bad so as much as I wanted to hold my baby, I would've been terrified to do so. He was early so they had to do a bunch of checks first, but as soon as they could they handed him off to dad and had him bring the baby to my chest and help me "hold" him so I could see and feel and kiss on him.
  • They do gentle c-sections at the hospital I am delivering at and I am going to take advantage of the immediate skin-to-skin contact because I didn't get that with my first c/s. They can also do things like dim the lights and put on music during the surgery but I'm not trying to distract the surgical staff while they are cutting me open, so I'll just stick with the skin-to-skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"