Health & Exercise

pregnant runners (february 17th-23rd)

What's on the plan, runners?

Monday: Rest (had to work earlier than normal), unless I feel good when I get home, I might bike for a little bit. (ETA: This didn't happen.)
Tuesday: 5 miles, back & bis
Wednesday: 8 Miles, shoulders & tris
Thursday: Jillian Michaels Shed & Shred, Level II, back & bis
Friday: 8 Miles, shoulders & tris
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 10 miles, back & bis

No issues getting in the miles yet. My hips are sore from yesterday's 12-miler, but my hips tend to be sore after long runs anyway due to Fibromyalgia. I did keep it a little slower than normal and stopped for more fuel/hydration than I normally would. 

Sidenote: I brought this thread over from 1st Tri.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pregnant runners (february 17th-23rd)

• Monday: Treadmill class at the gym(5 miles)
    Tuesday: Rest- I have my GTT and OB appointment in the afternoon and book club in the evening.
    Wednesday: Treadmill class at the gym(5 miles)

Not sure about the plan for the rest of the week.  I have to go out of town this weekend for a bachelorette party for a wedding I am in, so I am not sure what I will be able to get in.
  • No real plan ... 3-5 mpd, totaling 30 mpw
    Have been on the mill everyday due to the ice :( c'com spring. !!

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2014
    Mon- Bootcamp + 7 mile run.
    Tues- run 5-6 miles before OB appt. just a regular checkup at 21 weeks.
    Weds- Bootcamp + 5-7 miles run.
    Thurs- run 5-8 miles
    Fri- bootcamp +run 5-7 miles; prenatal Pilates
    Sat- long run- somewhere between 10-12 miles
    Sun- rest day. Usually go for a walk with DH,DS, and the dog

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Sun- went snowshoeing with the fam, great low impact workout and tons of fun!

Mon- rest; 30 min powerwalk at work

Tues- ran 3.5 miles (felt great!); 30 min powerwalk at work

Wed- strength circuit followed by 30 min incline powerwalk on treadmill; 30 min powerwalk at work

Thurs- run 3'ish miles; 30 min powerwalk at work

Fri- rest; 30 min powerwalk at work

Sat- Zumba class or run 3'ish miles; lots of shopping/errand running and chasing after my LOs!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• hcorcoran said:
    Monday: Treadmill class at the gym(5 miles)
    Tuesday: Rest- I have my GTT and OB appointment in the afternoon and book club in the evening.
    Wednesday: Treadmill class at the gym(5 miles)

Not sure about the plan for the rest of the week.  I have to go out of town this weekend for a bachelorette party for a wedding I am in, so I am not sure what I will be able to get in.
    A treadmill class? What happens? I've never heard of it. I'm not a gym person, but I think I might like classes in general, and I run ALL my miles on a treadmill.
  • These threads are gonna be great for me, I can already tell. I'm so inspired and hopeful that I can keep up decent mileage for as long as possible!

Did my 5 this morning. Eh. My hips/back are bothering me. Also, I was watching Girls on the TV and I think I was just mostly irritated with that. I might be done with that show. I loved the first season. Now, I'm like "why is this still a show?"
  • @SPurp13 a treadmill class (sometimes called "Treading") is a really fun way to pass the time! Typically the class instructor will stand in front of the row of TMs and tell participants what to do- walk, run, sprint; incline %, etc. it's a great workout because it varies every time, and you don't have to think about it. You just adjust according to what the instructor tells you. Most treading workouts are interval based, with a mix of hills (both short, steep sprints as well as long steady climbs) and speed (distances and paces varying from easy/recovery to 5k race pace to all out sprint)
    I used to teach it and it was one of my favorite classes to instruct! People were always amazed at how fast the time went and how many miles they ran in the 45 min. It's also very easy to adjust the class for all levels- I had everyone from walkers-only to seasoned distance runners take the class, and they all loved it!

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• @SPurp13 a treadmill class (sometimes called "Treading") is a really fun way to pass the time! Typically the class instructor will stand in front of the row of TMs and tell participants what to do- walk, run, sprint; incline %, etc. it's a great workout because it varies every time, and you don't have to think about it. You just adjust according to what the instructor tells you. Most treading workouts are interval based, with a mix of hills (both short, steep sprints as well as long steady climbs) and speed (distances and paces varying from easy/recovery to 5k race pace to all out sprint) I used to teach it and it was one of my favorite classes to instruct! People were always amazed at how fast the time went and how many miles they ran in the 45 min. It's also very easy to adjust the class for all levels- I had everyone from walkers-only to seasoned distance runners take the class, and they all loved it!
    This!

I love it!  It is a great way to get in speedwork and tempo runs after a day at work!  It's great too because I get to train with my friends even though we are all different speeds.
  • I might have to look into that after I have this kid. We don't have a lot to offer around here in the way of classes, but that might be worth looking for.

My old treadmill had the iFit technology stuff...NEVER used it. I JUST got a new treadmill last week, andd now I'm gonna have to taper down over the next 9 months. Life's not fair!
  • SUNDAY - 4+ Mile Run
    MONDAY - 1-2 Mile Run + Tracy Anderson Method DVD
    TUESDAY - Prenatal Yoga or Rest
    WEDNESDAY - 1-2 Mile Run + Full body interval strength training
    THURSDAY - 4+ Mile Run
    FRIDAY - Lindsay Brin DVD
    SATURDAY - Prenatal Yoga or Rest

Plus walking my dogs about 1 mile a day when the weather permits.

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited February 2014
    @mdarmetko, reading that you do a Tracy Anderson workout, I'm reminded that a friend of mine gave me her 9-disc pregnancy dvd (link here).

Anyone know anything about it? I might make a separate post. I'm used to pretty serious stuff (Jillian Michaels/Bob Harper), not easier beginner DVDs. So, I don't know if I should start with Month 1 or not. I'm going to read some Amazon reviews to try to get an idea. If nothing else, I'll watch it this Saturday and see. I don't see a need to dumb down workouts in the first few months unless I need to, although someone said it's supposed to help morning sickness (how?).
  • SPurp13 I started at Month 3 and am now on Month 4, so I don't know how Month 1 & 2 were.  However, on my BMB a few of us have discussed how Month 3 is long (almost an hour) so I'm assuming that 1 & 2 are not as bad (Month 4 is about 35 min).  I would say I come in as pretty advanced, and it is challenging for me.  That being said, it's very Pilates-esque and you can rest for some reps if need be.  It's not like 'The Biggest Loser' people's DVD's because there isn't really a cardio component, so that's nice for all levels.  I think it's great for targeting right areas we need to focus on.  My only advice would be to really focus on your form, look at her to see how she is positioned and try to mimic it.  She doesn't always do a great job of coaching there.

image  image
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
  • mdarmetkomdarmetko member
    edited February 2014
    duplicate

image  image
  • MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm. I think I might go ahead and try it tomorrow (Thursdays I normally do some sort of XT), so I could switch it around and go ahead and try it out.

I normally log my workouts in Daily Mile. Won't be doing that until Week 12 or so, though. Not ready to tell the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"