March 2014 Moms

Most annoying pinner ever

I follow (soon to be "used to follow") this lady Diary of a Fit Mommy. I'm so over her. She emphasizes staying in shape throughout pregnancy etc etc and that's all good. But she is SUCH a hypocrite and an AW in the worst way.

Not too long ago she posts a picture of Kate Middleton and her post partum bump... So I'm thinking that was nice because there is a lot of pressure to slim down the belly, and Kate clearly showed the realities of what happens to your body after giving birth.

But then! This blogger posts her own post partum belly... 8 days later.... Seriously? Hypocrite.

Thoughts??

Re: Most annoying pinner ever

• Ummm... Well you really shouldn't be exercising that early. My OB and the hospital pamphlets said not to do more than very light housework and no more than two flights of stairs per day for two weeks. And I mean birth is painful. My postpartum belly is smaller than I thought it would be, but I never got very big. And I am in no hurry to rush back to my "original" size. That's not fit. It's not healthy in my opinion. But some women disagree and that's between them and their doctor. But it takes 6 weeks for your uterus to go back to normal. You can't force it.
  • I'm 6 weeks pp as a FTM and I'm honestly shocked at how things drastically changed already. I must've been all babies and fluid for the most part! But I wasn't small to begin with and am not back to where I started either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Loading the player...
  • SomersIsles. It looks like she wants to brag about the fact that she looked better that Kate. 
    There is too much emphasis on how we look these days, regardless of our health. My focus is on being healthy, to live a long life with a strong body, and I will not feel bad because I don't look a certain way.
  • I saw what you had posted about Sia and I was a bit taken aback. I have followed her for a long time partially because we were both nurses living in the city at one point. Sia, is a very positive, loving, enthusiastic, ambitious mommy and wife. She Is also very honest about her struggles from childhood neglect abuse to development of an eating disorder during her teen and young adult years. She had to overcome an unhealthy marriage before meeting her true soul mate. She is very happy now. As women we have to lift each other up and support one another! When Sia posted the pics of Kate Middleton and the model, she was making a statement that everyone has different bodies after birth. Neither image is bad. Sia also made a promise to post her post delivery photos (bad or good). Luckily, her clean eating and exercise paid off through hard work she invested. I guarantee that if she would have had extra weight or a soft tummy she would have set realistic goals to get back to her desired health and fitness. Don't judge her too quickly! She is truly a sweetheart!! You can send her messages anytime and she always makes time to respond. She cares about supporting other women and mommies :)
  • I saw what you had posted about Sia and I was a bit taken aback. I have followed her for a long time partially because we were both nurses living in the city at one point. Sia, is a very positive, loving, enthusiastic, ambitious mommy and wife. She Is also very honest about her struggles from childhood neglect abuse to development of an eating disorder during her teen and young adult years. She had to overcome an unhealthy marriage before meeting her true soul mate. She is very happy now. As women we have to lift each other up and support one another! When Sia posted the pics of Kate Middleton and the model, she was making a statement that everyone has different bodies after birth. Neither image is bad. Sia also made a promise to post her post delivery photos (bad or good). Luckily, her clean eating and exercise paid off through hard work she invested. I guarantee that if she would have had extra weight or a soft tummy she would have set realistic goals to get back to her desired health and fitness. Don't judge her too quickly! She is truly a sweetheart!! You can send her messages anytime and she always makes time to respond. She cares about supporting other women and mommies :)

Oh fine if you put it that way!! ;)

I didn't know her history so I suppose that puts things into some perspective. But I still reserve the right to say it's annoying lol.

For someone who mostly follows her pins only it SEEMS like bragging. It's just one more image that is going to give me a complex when I, undoubtedly, stress about my body image after having a baby.
  • Laura8388 said:

Speaking of which- how long until you are supposed to exercise? My doc didn't mention anything other than no sex until I got the all clear.... I took my dog for a 15 minute WALK (used to be a runner prior to bed rest) and had a bleed later than night!? And this was 4 weeks PP! It stopped after resting, so wasn't too concerned, and will be calling my doc tomorrow as I need to schedule an appt anyway.

I too was surprised how quickly my body has changed but am still a ways from my post pregnancy self!!!

I assumed it would be about 6 weeks at least before you could hit the gym. I could be wrong though. I'm sure it also depends on the extent of tearing and stitches etc.
  • Laura8388 said:

Speaking of which- how long until you are supposed to exercise? My doc didn't mention anything other than no sex until I got the all clear.... I took my dog for a 15 minute WALK (used to be a runner prior to bed rest) and had a bleed later than night!? And this was 4 weeks PP! It stopped after resting, so wasn't too concerned, and will be calling my doc tomorrow as I need to schedule an appt anyway.

I too was surprised how quickly my body has changed but am still a ways from my post pregnancy self!!!

I am a runner when not pregnant and this is LO #3 for us. I just listen to my body and in the past have started with short was walks and went from there. Good luck and Ryker is adorable :)

• WELLL I didn't look that good BEFORE I got pregnant, soo my expectations aren't to high! But Ive seen some of her posts as well and they are VERY annoying ! Makes me feel worse then what I already do .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I certainly didn't look that good 18 hours postpartum it even 8 days postpartum. Right before I got pregnant again, 2 years postpartum, I still had a pooch.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Sia, AKA Diary of a Fit Mommy, actually happens to be a very dear friend of mine. You can see my story featured on her page. Sia has an absolute heart of gold. She is in INCREDIBLE shape because she works her ass off. heck...the day she went into labor she ran three miles! She's not working out yet, just walking.

And no offense...but if I had that body immediately after giving birth, I'd probably brag, too. "See how keeping in shape before and during pregnancy can help you bounce back?!"

Bless,
    Kate
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
    Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • kirotea said:
    snow527 said:

Sia, AKA Diary of a Fit Mommy, actually happens to be a very dear friend of mine. You can see my story featured on her page. Sia has an absolute heart of gold. She is in INCREDIBLE shape because she works her ass off. heck...the day she went into labor she ran three miles! She's not working out yet, just walking.

And no offense...but if I had that body immediately after giving birth, I'd probably brag, too. "See how keeping in shape before and during pregnancy can help you bounce back?!"

Major eye roll. Non one is saying she can't post pictures of herself or brag, the point is how she presented it (Kate Middleton/expectation vs reality).
    This. I'm all for being fit (did roller derby, crossfit-type workouts on derby off-days, and bikram yoga before I got KU) but the way she presents it is kind of off-putting. Like she's saying the rest of us are slacking if we don't have a tight stomach 2 effing weeks post-partum. Give me a break. 
    Alright, so I'm curious as to what was expected by others then (not necessarily you, as you may not have known her story--but people in general that follow her pins/blog)? She told people she'd post her before/after no matter what. Same thing that fitness model Jamie Eason did.
    Bless,
    Kate
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
    Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Oh fine if you put it that way!! ;) I didn't know her history so I suppose that puts things into some perspective. But I still reserve the right to say it's annoying lol. For someone who mostly follows her pins only it SEEMS like bragging. It's just one more image that is going to give me a complex when I, undoubtedly, stress about my body image after having a baby.

Umm, she's DEFINITELY bragging.  like 100%.  and she may be a sweet person, but I don't see what that has to do with it.  Her pics have now made me feel shitty, so....

Also, as someone who has battled my own similar demons I don't think her focus on her weight after birth is a good thing for someone with a history of eating disorders.   Who takes a picture of their belly at 18 hours after birth??  That's called obsessing over your weight.  I sincerely hope Im worng or she gets it under control, because it can be a very slippery slope.

• kirotea said:
    snow527 said:

Sia, AKA Diary of a Fit Mommy, actually happens to be a very dear friend of mine. You can see my story featured on her page. Sia has an absolute heart of gold. She is in INCREDIBLE shape because she works her ass off. heck...the day she went into labor she ran three miles! She's not working out yet, just walking.

Major eye roll. Non one is saying she can't post pictures of herself or brag, the point is how she presented it (Kate Middleton/expectation vs reality). 
    Agreed. It was the comparison she made.
  • I very rarely comment on threads, but for some reason feel the need to comment on this one. I, too, follow Diary of a Fit Mommy, but don't know her personally. The generally sense I get from the people who are annoyed by her (to say the least) is that her post made them feel badly about themselves. That, to me, seems like a personal issue. How can you allow someone, especially a stranger, to give you a complex about your body? She is merely sharing her experience. If her experience makes you feel bad, then perhaps you need to make some changes, starting with how you view yourself. I am a mother of 1 and am currently pregnant. I gained approx. 75 pounds with my first and I worked my butt off to lose the weight. It was definitely hard, but I put in the work. If someone works hard to achieve their goals (no matter what those goals are) we as women should congratulate them. And if you or I choose not to do the same thing or for some reason can't despite all of our efforts, why on Earth should that take away from someone else's accomplishments??? Perhaps we should stop comparing ourselves to others and use that effort to recognize the good in us... Just a thought...
  • I am truly amazed at how some of us mommies "eat their own kind". A lot of comments made were based on misinterpreting her post pregnancy post or from people who haven't read her blog to make an educated, unbiased response. This is like watching an episode of "mean girls". We are all very pregnant at this point and battling with discomforts and hormones but making comments like "rolling my eyes" or "eyes rolling" comes across as being mean and hateful. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and gain up on someone. Sia has feelings and yes words can hurt someone. Her body want perfect after birth and she did post pictures, which I am attaching. Sia posted in her blog this morning about this post @www.fitmommydiaries.blogspot. com
    As far as the picture of Kate Middleton and the model, Sia wrote "Why must we be judged? Why can't both be healthy?". More and more women are taking control of their health now but some ofvus can't win no matter what! If your in good shape, then your accused of "fat shaming". If you are overweight and unhealthy, then you are judged as well. It is time for women to be strong and support each other! I encourage you to check out Sia' blogs, as well as other fit and healthy mommies, such as Leanne Ellison for example. We can all gain strength from each other. Positivity can be contagious!
  • I posted because it seems like there has been a lot of blogger bashing in the media lately, especially of those who are "fit" moms. It just seems unfair to me, that's all. If she had posted a picture of her soft/chubby belly we would all be applauding her courage to be so personal and open with the way a new mom looks. But since she doesn't look like the typical new mom we bash her for bragging and setting unrealistic expectations. Just seems hypocritical. . . 

Oh fine if you put it that way!! ;) I didn't know her history so I suppose that puts things into some perspective. But I still reserve the right to say it's annoying lol. For someone who mostly follows her pins only it SEEMS like bragging. It's just one more image that is going to give me a complex when I, undoubtedly, stress about my body image after having a baby.

Umm, she's DEFINITELY bragging.  like 100%.  and she may be a sweet person, but I don't see what that has to do with it.  Her pics have now made me feel shitty, so....

Also, as someone who has battled my own similar demons I don't think her focus on her weight after birth is a good thing for someone with a history of eating disorders.   Who takes a picture of their belly at 18 hours after birth??  That's called obsessing over your weight.  I sincerely hope Im worng or she gets it under control, because it can be a very slippery slope.

I take this a step further, and ask who takes a picture of their belly 18 hours after birth and then posts it online. 

I understand bloggers try to gain readership and this will up her readership through controversy. But the more that I read here the more I question the bloggers intent. 

I saw what you had posted about Sia and I was a bit taken aback. I have followed her for a long time partially because we were both nurses living in the city at one point. Sia, is a very positive, loving, enthusiastic, ambitious mommy and wife. She Is also very honest about her struggles from childhood neglect abuse to development of an eating disorder during her teen and young adult years. She had to overcome an unhealthy marriage before meeting her true soul mate. She is very happy now. As women we have to lift each other up and support one another! When Sia posted the pics of Kate Middleton and the model, she was making a statement that everyone has different bodies after birth. Neither image is bad. Sia also made a promise to post her post delivery photos (bad or good). Luckily, her clean eating and exercise paid off through hard work she invested. I guarantee that if she would have had extra weight or a soft tummy she would have set realistic goals to get back to her desired health and fitness. Don't judge her too quickly! She is truly a sweetheart!! You can send her messages anytime and she always makes time to respond. She cares about supporting other women and mommies :)

I take this a step further, and ask who takes a picture of their belly 18 hours after birth and then posts it online. 

I understand bloggers try to gain readership and this will up her readership through controversy. But the more that I read here the more I question the bloggers intent. 

• I'm all for the sharing of opinions, but that's not exactly what was happening on earlier threads. "She/her blog annoys me" is very different (in my mind) from "She/her blog makes me feel bad about myself so I'm going to say negative things about her". I just don't think that some stranger's blog should have that much power over a person's feeling of self worth. But hey, that's just my opinion. 
  • She's not exercising that early. She is waiting until she's cleared by her doctor. You are being misinformed by this post. 
  • Those of us who practice a healthy lifestyle like to see what progress is made with pictures. Pregnant mom like to post belly bump progressions. That is not abnormal. I assure you many women have posted pictures of their tmmies after birth, including myself since I compete in figure and fitness.Just because the idea is foreign to some ladies, does not mean that a lot of women and men don't post before and after pics. If you are questioning her values, I assure you her son and husband our her world! She loves them dearly. As a certified personal trainer and nurse, I see that people/ clients/patients who are judgemental or make mean statements are usually insecure, jealous, or unwilling to make healthy lifestyle choices (pregnant or not). Everything I have said I would happily tell someone in person. I guarantee a lot of posters on here would never make such mean statements to Sia in person. Its easy to sit behind a keyboard and asassinate someone's character.
  • No, not a myth at all. But I also recognize that is what occurs so I don't look at models as my standard of beauty. I think at some point we need to take responsibility for what/who we allow to affect our lives. Yes, editing/photoshop/etc. suck (for lack of a better term) but unlike in the past we are very aware that it exists. If after knowing that you still choose to idealize a fake notion of beauty then that to me seems like a personal issue. And as my mother did, I pray that I am able to raise my sons and daughter to love themselves no matter what and to know that there are more important things in life than physical attributes. 
  • And I'm sorry, but the more I look at her "before" picture I have to say it doesn't look healthy AT ALL. I know we all have different body types, and I shouldn't judge (but here I go anyway). If someone had an eating disorder, no doctor would reccomend they take working out to this extreme.  I am rubbed wrong all around with this post.

And aren't there a whole slew of new names that suddenly came out of the woodwork to defend this blog... weird that they should turn up all of a sudden.  If we shouldn't take it personally, neither should you.

• @lalaith50 -- Yes, I've never been on this board before, however, I am part of the Knot and have been on other boards. And all I have to say about this is that you guys have #1) way too much time on your hands and #2) you are misrepresenting this woman and her site. Period. I can't believe grown women with children (or children on the way) are so sad, jealous, and insecure that you compare your body to other women whom you don't even know. Makes for a super sad life. You should just focus on your own happiness and health. If you don't like what someone pins, don't follow it. But attacking other women just because you feel bad about your own body and yourself is just sad. And I know that that is where this type of venom comes from, because when you're secure with yourself, you don't compare yourself to pictures of people you don't even know. You recognize your OWN value, your OWN beauty, and your OWN contributions into this world instead of being a crab in a barrel. This type of group condemnation is not just sad, it's unbecoming to any woman who acts like this. #shameful. 
  • I guess I'm an idiot because I have self esteem. What an intelligent response. Oh, and having an eating disorder is the same as working out/weight lifting. I think people just come up with anything to try to make themselves feel OK with the unhealthy choices they make. I would much rather be a healthy idiot than someone who feels badly about themselves when they see a skinny/fit/healthy/non-chubby person. 
  • @lalaith50 -- Yes, I've never been on this board before, however, I am part of the Knot and have been on other boards. And all I have to say about this is that you guys have #1) way too much time on your hands and #2) you are misrepresenting this woman and her site. Period. I can't believe grown women with children (or children on the way) are so sad, jealous, and insecure that you compare your body to other women whom you don't even know. Makes for a super sad life. You should just focus on your own happiness and health. If you don't like what someone pins, don't follow it. But attacking other women just because you feel bad about your own body and yourself is just sad. And I know that that is where this type of venom comes from, because when you're secure with yourself, you don't compare yourself to pictures of people you don't even know. You recognize your OWN value, your OWN beauty, and your OWN contributions into this world instead of being a crab in a barrel. This type of group condemnation is not just sad, it's unbecoming to any woman who acts like this. #shameful. 
    QFP b/c there's so many gems in here...
    And... of course we have too much time on our hands... many of us are done working and just waiting to have our babies!
    imageimage
  • @Farmboyswife -- Save your conspiracy theories, pls. HAHAH...this post basically went viral. This message board is an open forum, correct? I am just giving my opinions like the rest of you. 
  • @kirotea How about you write in complete sentences. I have no idea what you just wrote, especially since I didn't write multiple paragraphs. Perhaps you need an English lesson offline. 
  • @Farmboyswife -- Save your conspiracy theories, pls. HAHAH...this post basically went viral. This message board is an open forum, correct? I am just giving my opinions like the rest of you. 
    Where did it go viral? 
    Diary of a Fit Mommy addressed this thread on her blog: https://fitmommydiaries.blogspot.com/2014/02/bodyshaming-bodyshamer.html

I clicked over to it to read more about her blog and saw the post. Looks like M14 is now famous! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Which name do we think is her?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"