Multiples
Options

Diapers for twins

Hi ladies,

What are your suggestions for the best diaper options for twins?

I was thinking of cloth diapering but DH is having none of that so now I am between Amazon Mom subscription, Honest bundles, or signing up for a membership at a big box store and buying diapers in bulk. I've been asking around locally and heard the Amazon Mom diaper subscription isn't as cost effective as it once was? Is this true? If anyone uses it, what do you buy? And if you use Honest, is 1 bundle a month be enough for twins? These are our first babies so I have no idea how many they go through a day. 

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diapers for twins

• Options
    We use Pampers and I think Target has the best sales on Pampers. Especially if you have the target Red Card you get 5% off and then they always have the "buy 2 boxes and get a $15 gift card" sale. I usually stick up then. I tried Amazon Mom membership but they only allow you to get discounts on certain brands and sizes for the subscribe and save. I obviously still love having my Prime though for free shipping on other items! :)
    Expecting Twin Baby Girls! EDD: February 20, 2014

Visit my blog at www.bonny0374.wordpress.com
  • Options
    My babies aren't born yet, but I have an amazon prime membership and I don't think I had to pay anything extra to add on amazon mom...idk if that will help you.... and I also joined BJ's with my parents who already had a membership so it was cheaper to add on. I don't think I will try Honest, but I don't know too much about it. Also, the benefit of amazon is that they are delivered right to your home and you don't have to worry about dragging babies out of the house to buy diapers or to take up all the room in your grocery cart while shopping :) All diapers from amazon are 20% off and they now sometimes offer coupons. Hope this helps! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Planning in luvs from amazon :)
  • Options
    We do Pampers through Amazon Subscribe and Save. My girls just moved over to size 1s and I just got a box of 216 diapers for $39.

• Options
    When my sister and mom planned my baby shower they did a diaper raffle.  Everyone who brought a package of diapers were entered into a separate raffle to win something (I think they did money). I have a ton of diapers from that, they are in size 1 now and we have yet to buy any. If you are having a baby shower it might be a good idea to suggest this to whoever is planning yours  ;)

As for the answer to your question I am no help!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Target brand diapers are much cheaper and just as good IMHO as name brand ones.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Options
    I've been using Amazon Mom / Prime for over 3 years.  If you do the subscribe and save its a pretty good deal, but then if you subscribe and save to 5 different products for each month's shipment you get an extra 20% off your entire order.  So since I tend to always be subscribed to 5+ products, I feel that I get a really great deal through them.  I would do Target if not for Amazon.

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Options
    I use the Target Up &Up diapers for my boys. IMO, they are very close to Pampers,  but almost half the price.  I used Pampers for DS1 and for the first 6 months with my twins. Now I am kicking myself for wasting so much money. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Costco!
    ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Costco diapers are the best and worth the price! Give it a try.
  • Options
    Thank you all sooo much! Looks like I have some price comparison to do! :)

• Options
    We use Honest. My sister gifted us with 1 year of diapers from Honest for each of the boys. Our year is up this month and we are going to continue with Honest. The amount in each bundle is more than enough, I have about 3 months of diapers leftover from each of the bundles that we'll use for the next few months. Hope that helps.
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jennifire7 thanks so much, did you get 2 bundles a month? One for each twin? Or was 1 bundle a month enough for both of them?

• Options
    We use Huggies and get them at Sam's club. My boys are 3 months old now, we would change their diapers every time we fed them (formula feeding), roughly every 3 hours.  There were times that they'd have a "blow out" poopy diaper, we'd go to change it and they'd fill a second one right away.  That wasn't common though, so figure (roughly) 8 diapers per baby per day.  I don't know if it is different for breast feeding though.  

• Options
    @TRS48 we had one for each twin (you get free shipping also if you have two bundles) You could probably get away with every 6-7 weeks when you set up the bundles, or one bundle for every 3 weeks to share between both babies.
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you!!! :)

• Options
    our twins haven't been born yet, but we're planning to use Amazon subscribe and save (for diapers, wipes, toilet paper, paper towel - all the big things that will be way more convenient to just have shipped to the house!  Our neighbors use diapers.com and love it, so that's another option.  Also, if you have a Sam's Club membership, diapers ship for free (so you don't have to go to the store to stock up!)

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

• Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited February 2014
    We buy primarily at Costco (we have a membership through work for free) and either get Huggies or Kirkland (Costco's brand) depending on which one has the special $6 off coupon at the time (they have the coupons about once every two months, and we stock up during those sales). We were buying whatever we could find on sale with coupons up until around 7 months or so when they started leaking out of the Pampers/LUVS (and Jamie has contact allergic reactions to just about every store brand we've tried). If you use Amazon for anything besides diapers, having the Mom-Prime account ($79/yr) gives you an extra 20% off on the cost in addition to the 5% subscription savings and free 2 day shipping. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"