September 2014 Moms

I'm disappointed with TheBump forums...

Re: I'm disappointed with TheBump forums...

• Actually, a lot of people on this board need to "calm their face"
    I must be too busy being a douche, because I haven't a fuckin clue what "calm your face" means.
    aw. nevermind then ignore my previous comment. you're cool enough to use the phrase. I told her to calm her face

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Actually, a lot of people on this board need to "calm their face"
    I must be too busy being a douche, because I haven't a fuckin clue what "calm your face" means.
    sounds like we're back to the era of "talk to the hand" >:/
    Brick wall, waterfall, gurl you think you know it all. You don't, I do, so PSHHHHHH!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • portentosaportentosa member
    edited February 2014
    Dammit, I want to say something but the one 'mean' post per stupid rule, gah!!

Fuck it. The original title of this thread was misleading and awful. We are still in first tri and losses are happening on a daily basis, so trying to make your whinny GBCB post look like a loss post is utterly and completely shitty.

I am glad OP had the decency to change her title so other people experiencing loss and looking for others in their shoes do not wander into this mess under false pretenses.
  • CplusJ=S said:

lstrejcek said:

Go fuck yourself.

I second this sentiment. Bear got off easy in that UO thread considering she was the first to say she found extended breastfeeding "fucking weird" along with some other gems.

Then get to it if you think I "got off easy". It was my UO. Did I hit a nerve? I'm so sorry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bear1215 said:

CplusJ=S said:

lstrejcek said:

Go fuck yourself.

I second this sentiment. Bear got off easy in that UO thread considering she was the first to say she found extended breastfeeding "fucking weird" along with some other gems.

Then get to it if you think I "got off easy". It was my UO. Did I hit a nerve? I'm so sorry.

You just confirmed the fact that I think youre a troll. Didnt get enough drama earlier? 

Uh I'm just saying, she seems a little sad that I was "let off easy " ... so here's her chance to bitch me off. Won't hurt none, my opinion is my opinion and just that. If it hurts you well put on your big panties and deal.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Wtf is a troll anyways? What makes a person a troll? Please explain

Pregnancy Ticker

• AmandaR204AmandaR204 member
    edited February 2014
    bear1215 said:
    Wtf is a troll anyways? What makes a person a troll? Please explain

A troll is someone who just comes around to make drama and shit disturb, they have no interest in being part of the group at all, they just like to piss everyone off to watch the fireworks. Im sorry idk how to translate this into "bear" for you to better comprehend.
    BabyName Ticker}

• bear1215 said:

A troll is someone who just comes around to make drama and shit disturb, they have no interest in being part of the group at all, they just like to piss everyone off to watch the fireworks.

Oh yea that's definitely me since I've contributed in a lot of post offering support and what not and have commented on two post today that would involve "shit starting". Yep that's definitely me.

Pregnancy Ticker

• bear1215 said:
    bear1215 said:

A troll is someone who just comes around to make drama and shit disturb, they have no interest in being part of the group at all, they just like to piss everyone off to watch the fireworks.
    Oh yea that's definitely me since I've contributed in a lot of post offering support and what not and have commented on two post today that would involve "shit starting". Yep that's definitely me.
    I was going to say the same. Looking at your history you are very supportive around here in general.

Just coming across a bit 'troll-like' with the hostility in this thread. It was the first thing I thought when things escalated.
  • Oh well forgive me for being pissy. I'm obviously an asshole. Which is true .. I can be.

Pregnancy Ticker

• You go Glen Coco!

....and don't come back!
  • WTF did I miss? This is why I shouldn't ever close my laptop. I always miss the BSC!
    This one started off real bad as a GBCB post that looked like a loss post with the title 'I'm Out' but it has since been corrected and beaten to death.
  • Morbid curiosity made me check this thread one more time... I wasn't disappointed!

I chose the title "I'm out" because I decided to pull myself out of this birth month club.  I assumed that was what the "out" part referred to in other posts, not a miscarriage itself.  I also saw someone say they were "out" when their due date was changed to October.  No offense was intended there and that is why I changed the title.

I never used the word "bully" to describe anyone, I simply described the juvenile and hostile atmosphere and said it wasn't for me.  However, the first definition of the word bully that was provided on this thread perfectly describes several people here.  Interesting.

Trust me, I am not basing my decision to leave this forum based only on the unpopular opinion thread.  I simply used that thread as an example of how I think people are actually being baited in to be ridiculed, which I find ridiculous and don't see a point to.  There are plenty of other threads where people are getting their asses handed to them.  I don't find reading that kind of stuff relaxing or helpful, so I'd rather not read it.

(Btw, in that UO thread, I saw her apologize and recant her statement several times, to no avail.)

To each their own...  Whatever floats your boat...  Like I said, cutting people down for fun isn't my style and if that makes me a loser then... so be it.  No skin off my nose!  *shrug*
    Married: 10/5/13  -  BFP: 1/12/14  -  EDD: 9/20/14
    Full-time stepmom of Katelynn (13) and Blake (9).
    Feb. '14 Signature Challenge - Favorite Romantic Movie (French Kiss)
  • Whew!!!!! I'm just filing all of this with the "I'm leaving FaceBook now because there's too much drama or I've spent too much time here " category of posts. To leave is fine, but to leave with a long winded post about how bad a forum is here ..... leaves you open for just nasty feedback. If the purpose of the post was to leave - then just not posting anymore would be sufficient. The purpose here was to invoke a strong response which is what happened....

@Katie6126 - unfortunately mommy boards are FULL of judgmental opinionated women. They will never be a place for real support in the same sense as close friends. There's an ignore button for responses you don't like - most forums have them - I recommend using them from time to time. If I find something I consider THAT backwards - I ignore and keep it trucking. Or you can just avoid the hot-button issues threads. Or..... there are always a ton of mommy forums to browse.
    --------------
    PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
    1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
    1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
    About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
    Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

• trombgirl said:

Whew!!!!! I'm just filing all of this with the "I'm leaving FaceBook now because there's too much drama or I've spent too much time here " category of posts. To leave is fine, but to leave with a long winded post about how bad a forum is here ..... leaves you open for just nasty feedback. If the purpose of the post was to leave - then just not posting anymore would be sufficient. The purpose here was to invoke a strong response which is what happened....

@Katie6126 - unfortunately mommy boards are FULL of judgmental opinionated women. They will never be a place for real support in the same sense as close friends. There's an ignore button for responses you don't like - most forums have them - I recommend using them from time to time. If I find something I consider THAT backwards - I ignore and keep it trucking. Or you can just avoid the hot-button issues threads. Or..... there are always a ton of mommy forums to browse.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on these two points.

Intelligent and not willing to stay quiet when someone says something ass backwards or offensive is not judgmental. I appreciate TB for being full of real smart ladies that will call people out on crap because there are a lot of people that would otherwise believe said crap or people that would feel hurt and alone if there were not people here to say something. For example when someone said loss info shouldn't be in people's siggys because it would scare the FTMs..... if we had let that go we would not be showing any love or support for the many moms that have suffered a loss(es) and want to honor all of their babies.

That brings me to the second point. This board is FULL of love and support. It really bothers me when people think the ladies here are not supportive just because we ALSO have a sense of humor and tell shit like it is. The two things are not mutually exclusive. I love the ladies here.
    I absofuckinglutely agree w/ you tromb.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• ((((((((hugs)))))))) @bookqueen
  • I like the little underground gbcb/white knight followers. You know, the ones who have the balls to "love" the "you guise r meen" posts, but won't actually verbalize that thought themselves.
    Until last night I had not read any of the discussions about UO or flame free crap, so I was unaware of the nonsense that goes on here.  Even the board I was on for my last pregnancy did not have any of this crap.  I came on the bump to communicate with people who are going through similar things at similar times.  It seems like some come on here just to be a part of drama and think it is unreasonable when people don't want to argue or be called stupid (yes, some people say stupid things, but why does it then need to turn into a 7 page post bashing the person and every comment is from the same people saying the same things over and over again).  It is the most immature shit I have ever seen...it isn't even about being pregnant anymore.  It just seems like some people have to much time on their hands and cannot wait for someone misspeak so you can fill your day with insulting someone.

I am guessing I will get bashed for this...from predictable people, but that is fine.
  • Linzr0723 said:
    Until last night I had not read any of the discussions about UO or flame free crap, so I was unaware of the nonsense that goes on here.  Even the board I was on for my last pregnancy did not have any of this crap.  I came on the bump to communicate with people who are going through similar things at similar times.  It seems like some come on here just to be a part of drama and think it is unreasonable when people don't want to argue or be called stupid (yes, some people say stupid things, but why does it then need to turn into a 7 page post bashing the person and every comment is from the same people saying the same things over and over again).  It is the most immature shit I have ever seen...it isn't even about being pregnant anymore.  It just seems like some people have to much time on their hands and cannot wait for someone misspeak so you can fill your day with insulting someone.

I am guessing I will get bashed for this...from predictable people, but that is fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• bookqueen said:
    trombgirl said:

Whew!!!!! I'm just filing all of this with the "I'm leaving FaceBook now because there's too much drama or I've spent too much time here " category of posts. To leave is fine, but to leave with a long winded post about how bad a forum is here ..... leaves you open for just nasty feedback. If the purpose of the post was to leave - then just not posting anymore would be sufficient. The purpose here was to invoke a strong response which is what happened....

I'm going to have to disagree with you on these two points.

Intelligent and not willing to stay quiet when someone says something ass backwards or offensive is not judgmental. I appreciate TB for being full of real smart ladies that will call people out on crap because there are a lot of people that would otherwise believe said crap or people that would feel hurt and alone if there were not people here to say something. For example when someone said loss info shouldn't be in people's siggys because it would scare the FTMs..... if we had let that go we would not be showing any love or support for the many moms that have suffered a loss(es) and want to honor all of their babies.

That brings me to the second point. This board is FULL of love and support. It really bothers me when people think the ladies here are not supportive just because we ALSO have a sense of humor and tell shit like it is. The two things are not mutually exclusive. I love the ladies here.
    I absofuckinglutely agree w/ you tromb.
    Don't get me wrong ladies - I'm not saying there are no good people here  (I wouldn't be here if I thought the pool sucked) - I'm just saying there are a lot of crazies too - and if you can't take the crazies with the good - then this isn't the right environment for her. I also agree - telling it like it is isn't necessarily judgmental - but let's not deny there have been some ass backwards folk here too. All I'm trying to say is - if you come on a forum and can't take the heat that comes with one - then this isn't the right forum. If you want people to cater to your feelings ( like friends in person do ) then don't spill your heart out online. Save it for people with a reason to tend to your emotions.....
    --------------
    PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
    1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
    1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
    About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
    Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

• carmstr4 said:
    Linzr0723 said:

Thank god you had a witty gif handy for a response!  
  • Linzr0723 said:
    I like the little underground gbcb/white knight followers. You know, the ones who have the balls to "love" the "you guise r meen" posts, but won't actually verbalize that thought themselves.

Let's see if I can address some of your main points.

Yes, some people come here for drama. It's the internet. You can't control who posts and plays.
    If you say something deliberately that you know will be an unpopular opinion or idiotic confession, you open yourself up to argument. Also, oftentimes when an entire thread if full of the same people bashing the same OP, it's because the OP continues to come back and say stupid or offensive things. I've never seen a thread bashing someone that just continues with the same people saying the same things. Sometimes, when a thread like that keeps going it's because other posters start posting GIFs and the post goes off topic.

I don't know how long you've been at the Bump, but I've been here for 4 years, and I can tell you I've seen an outpouring of support, and friendships. I've also see some of the most ignorant, truly idiotic people I've ever "met." You don't get to dictate what people post either way. That's true on any forum.

That said, if this isn't the place for you, it's ok. There are a lot of other forums out there where the women only say nice things and seldom tell the truth. If that's the kind of support you want, this will not be the place for you.

I never said I was trying to control what was posted- just stating my opinion that people wait and wait for someone to post something that stirs up drama and it is childish.  

Not that I think it really matters, I have been on here for 2 years and for fortunately most of what I have seen is supportive people here to talk about being pregnant and that is why I was a little surprised when I saw so much stupid shit going on...so you must have missed my point.  I am fully aware this is the internet and people will say what they want, but I don't get the overwhelming need to take a website built around babies and turning it into drama.  
    UO is obviously made for people like you who don't want to hear people saying they don't like cats or dogs or getting out of sweatpants, but for people looking for someone to say something controversial, (but truthful in their mind, as you mentioned) and then get bashed for it by truthful people".
    Thank you for suggesting I go elsewhere because I think it is a lot more beneficial using this website to talk to people in a pleasant way then to fight with people I have and will never meet.
  • @linzr0723 wait, does that mean you don't like my gif?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I personally think this BMB is the tamest I've been apart of, and I've been on 8 so far along with plenty of various other boards on TB. I guess I need to read the UO thread from yesterday, sounds like it was fun.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Linzr0723Linzr0723 member
    edited February 2014
    @carmstr4 no, they are all amazing
  • LOL  This is still going?

Calling someone out for an offensive, ignorant, or untrue statement or voicing your differing viewpoint and your reasons for disagreement...

NOT THE SAME THING AS...

Repeatedly calling someone an idiot and trying to make them feel as stupid as possible even after retracting or apologizing for their original comment.

Why is this so hard to understand?  Wanting to see people treated with respect is not the same thing as wanting everybody to fake nice and not speak the truth.  The truth doesn't have to be purposefully vicious.  It's ridiculous.
  • Linzr0723 said:
    carmstr4 said:

@Linzr0723 She couldn't find the gif that said:

"It's confusing when grown-ups talk."
  • Katie6126 said:
    LOL  This is still going?

Calling someone out for an offensive, ignorant, or untrue statement or voicing your differing viewpoint and your reasons for disagreement...

NOT THE SAME THING AS...

Repeatedly calling someone an idiot and trying to make them feel as stupid as possible even after retracting or apologizing for their original comment.

Why is this so hard to understand?  Wanting to see people treated with respect is not the same thing as wanting everybody to fake nice and not speak the truth.  The truth doesn't have to be purposefully vicious.  It's ridiculous.
    Bless your heart. Did you forget you were going somewhere?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Katie6126 said:
    Linzr0723 said:
    carmstr4 said:

@Linzr0723 She couldn't find the gif that said:

"It's confusing when grown-ups talk."

Yes! Katie is now sinking to our level with snarky gifs. But, wait, isn't that mean?

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage
    August Siggy Challange: Alcohol Porn - Get yer' drank on! 
  • I do, in fact, like you, @Groxb. ;)

And @carmstr4... touche!  I thought about that after I posted again.  You are funny as fuck.  If you guys were just a teeeeeeeny tad less vicious, I would enjoy the hell out of you all.

I came to check my private messages and saw 27 new notifications for this board.  What can I say?  I'm only human.
  • bodziochlbodziochl member
    edited February 2014

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"