June 2014 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    I don't know what enjoying my pregnancy means. From roughly 6 weeks on (the start of hellish food aversions, all day sickness, smells) I can't really remember a day where I haven't felt sick or tired, usually both. At 22 weeks most folks can't see I'm pregnant yet and only I can feel the baby move. Is it the attention people love? I'm a performer so I'm really only into that on stage/camera. I'm excited to have a baby soon but am baffled by the idea of loving being pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wtfisup I wish we lived in the same city. (We don't, right?)

• Options
    RedMar said:

I think Facebook's time is expired. I had it for about 2 years when it first came out and found myself getting so sick of other people's engagement ring pictures, ultrasounds, and who-gives-a-fuck hourly updates, yet it was like a train wreck and I couldn't peel my eyes away. Two hours later, my evening was wasted on shit that my brain could've easily done without. The only reason my H uses it is to spy on scumbags (he's a private investigator) and some people are so dumb, they have their info displayed publicly.

On the same note of FB, sometimes I really think people should have to pass some sort of ethics test in order to be eligible for a cell phone. Nothing bothers me more than being at a grocery store and hearing about someone's personal life while I'm trying to buy my Fruity Pebbles. Also, when I was waiting tables in college, I would get so pissed when people would give me the "one minute" symbol with their hand as I approached their table. Fuck off and point to the menu, I've got other customers and bills to pay!

Maybe I belong in the 80's in general- way better music and actual face to face interactions with ppl.

And my last UO, where the hell is skyangelmommy ... I'm starting to miss her...

I hear you on the FB thing! I deactivated my account after I found out I was pregnant. DH's family has a habit of announcing things "for" us on there. I was also sick of people pretending their lives were so perfect when I knew truthfully that they were full of shit. It's been 5 months without it and I don't miss it one bit. It's nice to know that the only people that know what is going on in my life are the people I want to know.
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • Options
    @ahastin1 ME TOO. I could have included your post word for word in mine above!

• Options
    I love black licorice! That's all I've got this week.
    @erind228 have you ever had black licorice ice cream? It's so good!
    No, where does one find this delicacy?
  • Options
    MSUMands said:
    I despise those shopping cart seat cover things for your kid. We have one new in the package that we've never used for DS. I'm not afraid of germs for my kid. I'm not going to send him to a hospital or garbage dump to wander around aimlessly, but I also don't think it's bad for him to be exposed to some germs before kindergarten.
    @MSUMands I have to use a cart cover here. It is well over 100 degrees here in the summer so there is a risk of burn. I am pro-germs though!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I actually have a real UO!

I think most, if not all food from a crockpot is gross. I've never had or made something that wasn't just a blob of mush.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

• Options
    joules235 said:

So I almost broke down and bought DD some pharmaceutical cold medicine today just to break up the chest congestion. I didn't end up buying it because (UO) why the hell is every cold medicine a concoction of 50 different things? Also I see no point in a medicine that contains both a cough expectorant and a cough suppressant. Am I missing something or is it not stupid to give one medicine that both increases the cough and suppresses it?!

There is a medicine for colds sold at Walmart, I can't remember the name of it but its all natural. I'll see if I can find it online and send you a link.

No UO's for me.
  • Options
    joules235 said:
    @whoberry that is just not cool. My DH is uncircumcised and it didn't stop me from jumping his bones lol. I also didn't have my son circumcised because I personally think that dad and son should match, call me crazy haha. I also don't really think its necessary in any way and semi-barbaric so why bother. Flame away lol.
    No snark intended, I just don't understand this reasoning. Why does it matter if they match?

@joules235 - my only thought ( and I'm not speaking for the PP) is that it might be confusing for a young boy if he looks 'different' than Dad. But, it can obviously be dealt with. DH is uncircumcised (and also gets plenty *eyeroll* to those comments) but our son will be circumcised. So it crossed my mind too but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. As far as the circumcision convo goes, DH feels strongly about it and I respect his opinion and experiences enough to agree. I didn't feel strongly one way or another beforehand, to be honest.

image        image

• Options
    lest12 said:

joules235 said:

@whoberry that is just not cool. My DH is uncircumcised and it didn't stop me from jumping his bones lol. I also didn't have my son circumcised because I personally think that dad and son should match, call me crazy haha. I also don't really think its necessary in any way and semi-barbaric so why bother. Flame away lol.

No snark intended, I just don't understand this reasoning. Why does it matter if they match?

@joules235 - my only thought ( and I'm not speaking for the PP) is that it might be confusing for a young boy if he looks 'different' than Dad. But, it can obviously be dealt with.

DH is uncircumcised (and also gets plenty *eyeroll* to those comments) but our son will be circumcised. So it crossed my mind too but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

As far as the circumcision convo goes, DH feels strongly about it and I respect his opinion and experiences enough to agree. I didn't feel strongly one way or another beforehand, to be honest.

---

I have her to meet a woman whose vagina/labia look like her mothers, and no one cares. We tell girls, "All bodies are different," and everyone gets it.

Many of my friends adopted kids from different races, so their bodies, features, and hair look very different.

I just can't imagine a boy not being able to understand that minor difference. Kids don't care.

• Options
    wtfisup said:

lest12 said:

joules235 said:

@joules235 - my only thought ( and I'm not speaking for the PP) is that it might be confusing for a young boy if he looks 'different' than Dad. But, it can obviously be dealt with.

DH is uncircumcised (and also gets plenty *eyeroll* to those comments) but our son will be circumcised. So it crossed my mind too but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

As far as the circumcision convo goes, DH feels strongly about it and I respect his opinion and experiences enough to agree. I didn't feel strongly one way or another beforehand, to be honest.

---

I have her to meet a woman whose vagina/labia look like her mothers, and no one cares. We tell girls, "All bodies are different," and everyone gets it.

Many of my friends adopted kids from different races, so their bodies, features, and hair look very different.

I just can't imagine a boy not being able to understand that minor difference. Kids don't care.

I agree, and also, who gets upset cause their peen doesn't match their dads? That's weird/creepy. I mean I don't judge either way, but I don't think that's a legitimate argument.

• Options
    wtfisup said:

lest12 said:

joules235 said:

---

I just said it crossed my mind, and we would deal. Not that it was an earth-shattering thing, or even that big of a concern.

But we can always totally blow it out of proportion, too.

image        image

• Options
    UO is a safe place to, ya know, have a UO. I hope.

• Options
    rmjones15 said:

wtfisup said:

lest12 said:

joules235 said:

---

I agree, and also, who gets upset cause their peen doesn't match their dads? That's weird/creepy. I mean I don't judge either way, but I don't think that's a legitimate argument.

It kind of sounds judgey when you call it weird/creepy. Not arguing, just pointing that out.

image        image

• Options
    wtfisupwtfisup member
    edited February 2014
    I didn't see either of my parents naked after an age at which I have memory. Did everyone else have more naked families?

Eta: not judging; just curious. I know mine were prudes.

• Options
    *eyeroll* Obnoxious.

image        image

• Options
    wtfisup said:

I didn't see either of my parents naked after an age at which I have memory. Did everyone else have more naked families?

Eta: not judging; just curious. I know mine were prudes.

I have one memory of seeing my dad naked, I was like two and all I remember is that he was in the bath. My mom and I still see each other naked (if one of us is in the shower and the other needs to pee/wadh her hands/whatever. We had a very open family, though, maybe because she's a nurse.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    I'll bite, if that was a serious question.  I remember seeing my mother naked until a certain point - we were both women and it would lead to conversations about the my body as a learning thing. Not past a certain age though. DH's family was actually much more comfortable nude than we were.

image        image

• Options
    lest12 said:

*eyeroll*

Obnoxious.

It's obnoxious that I asked a question about others' familial norms?

• Options
    wtfisup said:
    *eyeroll* Obnoxious.
    It's obnoxious that I asked a question about others' familial norms?

Before your edit, it seemed a little facetious, yea.

image        image

• Options
    edited February 2014
    My foster parents were very private and I'm the same way.  Our kids have never seen us without clothing and luckily they've never walked in on our bedroom time.
    I have no idea why that looks like that...^
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    And I've started a naked debate lol sweet. Didn't mean to but why the heck not ( pats own back )To be honest I never really thought about it until I had my son, never mattered either way to me, pros and cons to each but in the end it probably has more to do with why bother with it if my DH is uncircumcised. Seems painful for baby and kind of unnecessary in my case. Hubby didn't want too and I don't have a penis so he knows best in that area. Seeing as I didn't have a preference either way why not have DH make the call and have them be the same or match I guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just, for the record, I don't think appearance is a reason enough to circumsize or not, (like I said, dh isn't, son will be), but I do think it's something that DH and I might have to be aware of when/if son asks. Young kids are curious and it should be handled in a sensitive way, was kind of my real point. On that note, I will resume running around my house naked and showing everyone my private parts.

image        image

• Options
    @joules235 I hope I answered you above. That was not the only reasoning but part of it and I wish I had a more concrete answer. Bottom line why inflict pain on LO if I didn't have to in my personal situation. I can understand others wanting to that's just how I felt at the time given my hubby's stronger feelings
  • Options
    My UO... 

I've heard three times today, "Isn't it great that you're having another boy? You can reuse Ry's stuff!!" He's four. We weren't supposed to be able to conceive this one, it came out of nowhere. Why would I have anything left from Ry? What I didn't get rid of before we moved clear across the country, I donated to the preschool. 
  • Options
    My UO... 

I've heard three times today, "Isn't it great that you're having another boy? You can reuse Ry's stuff!!" He's four. We weren't supposed to be able to conceive this one, it came out of nowhere. Why would I have anything left from Ry? What I didn't get rid of before we moved clear across the country, I donated to the preschool. 
    well if it was a girl they'd be like "oh a girl, aren't you glad you're going to have one of each!?" there is no win-win. people are annoying.
    Oh we've already been through that. We have a six year old daughter and four year old son. I was once told "now you're complete and don't need anymore" by my mother and "now you'll get the full parenting experience like a real mom" from ex-mil. So, for you one and done people you're not "real" moms. I'll bet you weren't aware! ;) 
  • Options

My UO... 

well if it was a girl they'd be like "oh a girl, aren't you glad you're going to have one of each!?" there is no win-win. people are annoying.

Oh we've already been through that. We have a six year old daughter and four year old son. I was once told "now you're complete and don't need anymore" by my mother and "now you'll get the full parenting experience like a real mom" from ex-mil. So, for you one and done people you're not "real" moms. I'll bet you weren't aware! ;) 

This stuff pisses me off. I'll have to tell my mom I'm sorry that she didn't get the full parenting experience because she only had me. She must feel so empty...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

My UO... 

Hahaha!! It's all good, I don't really consider myself a "real mom" anyway... More like some chick who is over her head and scared out if her mind. Those real moms are the ones who can hold their babies AND get the slushie at the same time ;)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Options
    @yayksimp AMAZING pic
  • Options
    elsa1688 said:
    @yayksimp AMAZING pic

I second that 100%. I actually want a slurpee right now lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"