C-sections
Options

C Sec hospital bag

Ladies, what did you find you actually needed to take in your hospital bag following your csec?!? I know some of the list have everything except the kitchen sink and I dont want to take a lot that isnt needed... Thanks :-)

Re: C Sec hospital bag

• Options
    Chapstick and moisturizer. My skin and lips got so dried out! Bring elastic pants that you will be able to easily wear far above your incision as well so your waistband doesn't irritate it :)
  • Options
    My C last time was first thing in the morning, so I just wore my clothes home that I wore to the hospital. You may want to bring a nursing bra. You may want to bring a fresh pair of socks & granny panties (or you can wear the mesh ones home). Otherwise depending on your hospital, bring your soaps/shampoos, eye glasses, hair & makeup things, a robe & slippers. My hospital provides pads & all that stuff. I brought some old pillows because the hospital pillows are flat. Also, a few DVDs, phone charger, camera, chapstick & lotion. There's some down time where you might want a magazine or book.

Then don't forget a diaper bag for bringing your baby home - an outfit, burp cloth, blanket. My H stays with me in the hospital, so my hospital bag is full of clothes for my H.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SweetC80 said:
    Snacks, I was starving and their kitchen was closed around 10, so I'm glad I had a box of nutrigrain bars and goldfish. I also wish I brought my Boppy, you'll want something to rest the baby on when you are holding him/her not to add pressure to your incision site..
    :-(  At my hospital, you're on clear liquids until you pass gas or have a BM. For both of my Cs, that meant I was on clear liquids for almost 3 full days. No snacks for me :-(  (You have to demonstrate that the anesthesia has not stopped your bowels.)
  • Options
    Nursing tops, yoga pants or other similar pants, slippers or slip on shoes (it will be nearly impossible to tie your own shoes for a bit), a sweatshirt or robe in case it gets cold in the room (our room went from sweltering on day one to freezing on day two), shower shoes, toiletries, a towel (the hospital ones were sooo tiny), Boppy, Chapstick

I was fine with the mesh underwear and hospital issues pads until I got home.
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    InLovewSB said:
    SweetC80 said:
    Snacks, I was starving and their kitchen was closed around 10, so I'm glad I had a box of nutrigrain bars and goldfish. I also wish I brought my Boppy, you'll want something to rest the baby on when you are holding him/her not to add pressure to your incision site..
    :-(  At my hospital, you're on clear liquids until you pass gas or have a BM. For both of my Cs, that meant I was on clear liquids for almost 3 full days. No snacks for me :-(  (You have to demonstrate that the anesthesia has not stopped your bowels.)
    That seems insane to me. What if you're breastfeeding? I'd find a new hospital with more up-to-date guidelines.
    This is crazy, I didn't  have a BM for almost 7 days after my last C/S, it was the worst.  Prune juice helped me finally. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MrsMuq said:
    InLovewSB said:
    SweetC80 said:
    That seems insane to me. What if you're breastfeeding? I'd find a new hospital with more up-to-date guidelines.
    I do breastfeed. I mean, as long as you're hydrated properly you can breastfeed, so that wasn't a problem. But, Man!, I was ready to fight someone for a big, juicy hamburger. It's disheartening when your choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner are chicken broth or beef broth & jello.

With my last C, I was able to finally meet the goal, but they were threatening me with a suppository, as if I control my bowels and was purposely withholding activity just to be stubborn.

I don't have any other complaint about my hospital, so I won't be changing. Actually, I don't think it's unusual for the doc to make sure the anesthesia didn't mess up your digestion. I'm just being whiny about it.
  • Options
    I packed everything the lists on the internet tells you to. Makeup, socks, etc.... C section recovery was ROUGH for me so here's what I ACTUALLY used:
    Pillows (normal pillows not a Boppy- that thing doesn't work with an incision, and I'm small-sized)
    Warm socks
    Clothes for baby
    Clothes for me to go home in
    My camera. TAKE PICTURES even if you feel like £^*¥%^^.

Seriously that's it. Rest the hospital provided. I didn't put makeup on....totally thought I would.
  • Options
    InLovewSB said:
    MrsMuq said:
    InLovewSB said:
    SweetC80 said:
    I do breastfeed. I mean, as long as you're hydrated properly you can breastfeed, so that wasn't a problem. But, Man!, I was ready to fight someone for a big, juicy hamburger. It's disheartening when your choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner are chicken broth or beef broth & jello.

With my last C, I was able to finally meet the goal, but they were threatening me with a suppository, as if I control my bowels and was purposely withholding activity just to be stubborn.

I don't have any other complaint about my hospital, so I won't be changing. Actually, I don't think it's unusual for the doc to make sure the anesthesia didn't mess up your digestion. I'm just being whiny about it.
    Um that's ridiculous.  Not moving your bowels for a few days after a c-section is normal.  My son was born at 11:22 am.  I had a clear liquid dinner.  The next morning I was allowed to order whatever I wanted for breakfast.  The only requirement was that I get out of bed.  So I moved a whole 2 feet to the chair.  
  • Options
    pillow or boppy was my best friend while holding/nursing DS, a robe, clothes with elastic waist, slippers, extra blanket, chargers for any electronics you will have with you/extra batteries for camera (oh yea our camera totally died while we were at the hospital, and no extra batteries)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had an emergency c section a few weeks early so I didn't have a bag packed, oops!! I sent my husband home to get nursing tanks, stretchy waisted pants, boppy,LO's diaper bag and outfit, phone charger and glasses. you can wear the gowns but i just felt more comfortable in my own clothes. Unfortunately my slippers didn't really fit.
  • Options
    Yoga pants and tees or nursing tanks if you are planning to BF. I felt 100% more human when I changed out of the hospital robe. Also phone, iPad, chargers, camera, toiletries. Slippers or flip flops. Hair elastics, makeup if you feel better when you are more 'put together'. I think that sums it up. Some people take their towels and pillows but I didn't find those to be necessary.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• Options
    Chapstick and moisturizer. My skin and lips got so dried out! Bring elastic pants that you will be able to easily wear far above your incision as well so your waistband doesn't irritate it :)
    Yes, bring chapstick!  I made DH run to the little store, because I had forgotten mine.  Also, I brought a flowy casual dress to wear, because I didn't want anything really touching or pressing on my stomach area.  Someone on my BMB mentioned to bring a dress in case you have a CS and I am glad I did.  I didn't wear pants or anything with a waist band for a week or so after.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"