July 2014 Moms
Options

I don't think I've ever been more at a loss for words. Like ever.

Re: I don't think I've ever been more at a loss for words. Like ever.

• Options
    What?! That's ridiculous!
  • Options
    Strange and certainly not something I would even think to do. As long as she wasn't breastfeeding her baby at the same time and there was no danger posed to herself, I suppose it's her choice. She saved a puppy, but yes, it is very odd!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why is she still lactating if her baby is weaned?

This is just weird. And not the first time I've heard of a woman nursing a dog. Weird.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    Ew. I know I have issues but I can't even open that article after reading the title. Just ew.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Pictures or out didn't happen. Although, I don't know that I'd want to see that.

On the off chance that this actually did happen, holy freaking nastiness!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    I..just...um...what..

i have no words. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options
    Hmm I thought this lady was local but apparently not... I heard about it a few days ago a photo of her breast feeding the puppy with a status update saying she breasted all the puppies circulated in my local breast feeding support group.
  • Options
    I read a similarly disturbing story about a daughter giving her father with cancer breast milk. They said something that healthy and good at building antibodies doesn't stop being healthy... It's all a little weird to me.
  • Options
    Aren't their teeth a little sharp? Sensitive bits and all...
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Hmm I thought this lady was local but apparently not... I heard about it a few days ago a photo of her breast feeding the puppy with a status update saying she breasted all the puppies circulated in my local breast feeding support group.

This lady does not need a breast feeding support group, she needs to step away from the puppies.

I realize that was not clear she's not in our group the ladies in the group were all mortified and discussing it. Sorry I realized after I posted that wasn't quite clear. Seriously, this woman is psycho.
  • Options
    I could see using breast milk for a puppy I suppose but the dog like sucking her tit? Wtf?!
  • Options
    V1981 said:

Aren't their teeth a little sharp? Sensitive bits and all...

Supposedly, puppies aren't born with teeth and don't get them until about the time they wean... According to one of the ladies who works in a vet clinic that posted when I saw this on fb...
  • Options
    Sorry, forgive me. I know some people don't like the t-word....
  • Options
    I should mention again... I think this lady is crazy crazy crazy, pls don't think I'm defending her... Just saying what I heard on fb.
  • Options

Sorry, forgive me. I know some people don't like the t-word....

Teeth are scary for breastfeeding...lol, "tits" get thrown around here quite often.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    What.

No.
  • Options
    I cannot wipe the Jan Brady look off my face. I don't even see how it is possible, as a puppy's suckling mechanism works so differently than a babies. When we have bottle fed puppies, they have not had the ability to draw off the nipple without an active air source going into the bottle - so more of a slow pouring than a suck. Things are shaped differently too.

And why didn't she call a vet?? I'm thinking a vet would have been a good choice.

I seriously hope I can get rid of the Jan face soon - my forehead is starting to hurt!

• Options
    @_@

Totally weirded out now. 
  • Options
    Erin1510Erin1510 member
    edited February 2014
    Teeth aren't an issue since, like human babies, puppies aren't born with any.

I saw an article about this online last week, complete with pictures. Certainly right up there with "hell no!" Even if they puppy wouldn't take a bottle, she could have dropper fed the puppy, whether it be her milk, or the more nutritionally sound, K9 formula. I have dropper fed puppies when I worked at an animal hospital because they wouldn't feed from momma or a bottle. Its a pain in the butt, but it works! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Haha I read this the other day and was completely amused. Slightly disturbed, but amused none the less. I don't agree with what she did, but I think it's very brave of her to do it. Not only because something could have happened, but because of the criticism she is bound to continue getting. I do agree she should have taken the puppy to the vet, however she did do what she thought was right to save the life of the animal. 

• Options
    I consider myself a dog lover but I draw the line at breast feeding any puppy! That's why there are vets :) I also read that article about the young woman bf'ing her dad...eeewwww!! I wanted to gag reading the article.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haven't they ever heard of goat's milk?! For the love of god, why?!?!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    Woof...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"