mspi frustration — The Bump
Food Allergy

mspi frustration

MaineMama33MaineMama33 member
edited February 2014 in Food Allergy

Hello!  I love that I found this board and I check every MSPI thread that pops up, but I'm frustrated and have a few questions about this intolerance.

I have been dairy and soy free since December 25th.  My son is 5 1/2 months and EBF.  I did have ONE accident a couple of weeks ago with both, unfortunately.  The reason I have cut out dairy and soy is because of horrible eczema that started off on Ambrose's face.  The pedi said to cut dairy and soy and that it would probably help.  Soon after that, the rash spread to his chest and abdomen.  His poops have been consistently green and mucous filled for I don't know how long.  In the almost six weeks that I have tried this diet I feel like the only improvement we've seen is in his face and I think that is because we religiously apply coconut oil and aquaphor.  He is a happy baby.  He still wakes up every 2 hours or so at night but is not overly fussy, aside from trying to scratch his face off every so often.

Anyway, I guess my question is this: Can that one little slip up really have set me back to start?  I know that it takes a while for the proteins to leave the system but I feel as though I should have seen some improvement in his rash/poop?  Should I try a total elimination diet?  Are these symptoms of other allergies as well--gluten, egg, corn, peanut?

Re: mspi frustration

• I think by the time you slipped up, you should have seen more of an improvement in your LO's symptoms. So, I would try cutting out another food. Is there one of the Top 8 that you eat a lot of? You could do a TED but that is very difficult - it's up to you which route you want to take. GL!
  • What our gastroenterologist said was it left my system in 24 hours but it could take 2-4 weeks to clear lo's system. Yes the protein clears the system but then the body has to heal. DD had BAD stomach/intestinal cramps and gastro said it was like little sores all down her digestive tract. The milk protein would leave but the sores still needed time to heal. Too many slips too close together and their little bodies just take longer to heal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards