TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy! 

QOTW: Next week is Valentine's Day! In honor of the upcoming "holiday", do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, how do you celebrate? 

• PS: Sorry the image is so big, but I couldn't get it resized properly! It was the best romantic wine image I could find :)

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Options
    Check in: I don't have too much to report. Our carrier goes in on Sunday for her next monitoring ultrasound and if everything looks good, I will go in for my baseline appointment next week. Hopefully at our next check-in, I will actually have something exciting to report!!

QOTW: We don't really celebrate. I always make DH a card (I am a huge homemade card maker) and we usually make a nice dinner at home. It's a good excuse to bust out the grill in two feet of snow and get some good steaks and a nice bottle of wine. Otherwise, we both feel that V Day isn't really worth it. This year, we are going to stay the weekend at my parents' cottage. It'll be nice to get away, even though it's only an hour away and enjoy each other (and some great steaks!).

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Hi sammer! Thank you for running the check-in. I hope everything goes well with the u/s and things stay on track.

TTCAL - not much going on here other than I have began looking online at REs here. DH and I have decided to get a second opinion on our options going forward. I'm hoping that the DHEA and CoQ10 will magically improve my numbers but fully expect to just reaffirm that we are not IVF candidates and that I have very few eggs left. I rationally know that I have very little time to TTC left but am not looking forward to being told that.

Non - TTCAL - the Bar exam is in less than three weeks! Eek!

QOTW - we do not celebrate Valentines Day - DH thinks it is a stupid made up holiday and I don't believe in torturing the poor man :)

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Sammer818 - I hope that the u/s goes well on Sunday and things can move forward. I'll be thinking of you! And I love your homemade cards so I bet your DH does too. :) Enjoy your romantic weekend away with steaks.

@buggirl72 - I'm glad that you guys are getting a second opinion from another RE, hopefully they'll be able to give you some good news. Thinking of you as you move forward, wherever this road takes you.

I've been pretty good at keeping you all up to date with my own separate posts, so I won't bore you too much. My SHG is on Tuesday and we are moving forward with testing. I'm hoping that maybe we'll be able to TTC by this summer? Who knows.

In non-TTCAL life, things are going okay. We are getting a ton of snow so have been staying in and working on house projects, which has been nice.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited February 2014

sammer818 Thanks for running the check-in. FX that the u/s goes well and you’re able to move forward with the plan.

buggirl72 I hope that you’re able to get good news from a second opinion.

jenn0021 Good luck with your SHG next week!

Update: I'm just hanging out at the end of my 2WW, only a few more days to go. This is our last medicated TI cycle before we move onto IUI. Given my experience, though, it's possible my insurance will be slow to approve it and I would have to wait another cycle out. I'm trying to remain optimistic that I won't need to worry about the next cycle.

ETA Forgot QOTW: We don't do anything big on Valentine's day. Last years' was ruined because I had taken cytotec the day before and was still going through it. It was nice that MH had the day off with me to give lots of snuggles. I might make him a card. I've done the love coupons before and he never uses them. ::Sigh::

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Thanks for the check-in @sammer818!  Good luck for Sunday and hopefully the appointment next week as well!

@buggirl72 - I'm glad you're getting a second opinion!  And I really, really hope that your test results come back better.  I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will have the same or better outcome as me!

@jenn021 - Good luck on Tuesday!

@luciddreamer106 - Wishing all the best for you at the end of this cycle - I hope it ends with a big, huge, fatter than fat positive :)

AFM - I was already an AW over on the main board announcing that I'm moving forward with IVF.... I'll just XP from the AMA check in :)

... I am extremely excited, but also trying to fight my nervousness about the whole thing.  I just read another member's post about going through it and it was strangely very helpful and made me more scared at the same time.  I'm mainly worried about the injections I guess and just how my body's going to react to all the meds. 

I have been getting everything in place... got my gyno exam done yesterday and blood draw to check for infectious diseases today (along w/DH).  My injection class is scheduled for the 18th.  I just need CD 1 to hold off until Sunday, which I think it will, and then we should be all good to start this cycle - gotta get the timing right with when the $ is due etc.  Anyway, just lots of pieces to put in place but as long as CD 1 waits until at least Sun we should be good.  I am feeling extremely happy and grateful that we have this chance, but also being very realistic that I really don't think our chances are very good.  I pretty much doubt that any embryos will get to the point where they can be transferred.  But I'm trying to take it all one step at a time.

Also, I might have to get my first mammogram! ::cue freak out::  Ack!  I don't want to do it!  I know it's probably nothing to be freaked out about but it's just one more thing staring me in the face regarding my age.

Non-TTCAL news - my grandmother in law who lives right next to us only has a few days left.  We found out just a few weeks ago that she has advanced stage pancreatic cancer.  Things moved very, very quickly and she was admitted to the hospital yesterday and being moved to the hospice house today.  So, this is a really emotional time for all of us because of that obviously.  I have the added factor that I watched my mom pass away very quickly from the same cancer, so it's just a difficult road to be going down again with my husband's family.  But we are all thankful that she won't be going through extensive suffering.

QOTW - we don't really celebrate much other than maybe, if we're really lucky, go out to dinner.  I hope we get to this year!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    Thanks for the check-in @sammer818!  Good luck for Sunday and hopefully the appointment next week as well!

@buggirl72 - I'm glad you're getting a second opinion!  And I really, really hope that your test results come back better.  I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you will have the same or better outcome as me!

@jenn021 - Good luck on Tuesday!

@luciddreamer106 - Wishing all the best for you at the end of this cycle - I hope it ends with a big, huge, fatter than fat positive :)

AFM - I was already an AW over on the main board announcing that I'm moving forward with IVF.... I'll just XP from the AMA check in :)

... I am extremely excited, but also trying to fight my nervousness about the whole thing.  I just read another member's post about going through it and it was strangely very helpful and made me more scared at the same time.  I'm mainly worried about the injections I guess and just how my body's going to react to all the meds. 

I have been getting everything in place... got my gyno exam done yesterday and blood draw to check for infectious diseases today (along w/DH).  My injection class is scheduled for the 18th.  I just need CD 1 to hold off until Sunday, which I think it will, and then we should be all good to start this cycle - gotta get the timing right with when the $ is due etc.  Anyway, just lots of pieces to put in place but as long as CD 1 waits until at least Sun we should be good.  I am feeling extremely happy and grateful that we have this chance, but also being very realistic that I really don't think our chances are very good.  I pretty much doubt that any embryos will get to the point where they can be transferred.  But I'm trying to take it all one step at a time.

Also, I might have to get my first mammogram! ::cue freak out::  Ack!  I don't want to do it!  I know it's probably nothing to be freaked out about but it's just one more thing staring me in the face regarding my age.

Non-TTCAL news - my grandmother in law who lives right next to us only has a few days left.  We found out just a few weeks ago that she has advanced stage pancreatic cancer.  Things moved very, very quickly and she was admitted to the hospital yesterday and being moved to the hospice house today.  So, this is a really emotional time for all of us because of that obviously.  I have the added factor that I watched my mom pass away very quickly from the same cancer, so it's just a difficult road to be going down again with my husband's family.  But we are all thankful that she won't be going through extensive suffering.

QOTW - we don't really celebrate much other than maybe, if we're really lucky, go out to dinner.  I hope we get to this year!
    I'm so excited for you that you're getting everything sorted out to start the IVF process! I"m sorry to hear about your Grandmother-in-law. Big ((hugs)).
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

• Options
    @sammer818. Im so glad things seem to be moving along! Cant wait for more updates

@buggirl72 Im glad you're going for a 2nd opinion. Im all for doing so (obviously since Im on my 3rd RE). Sending you big (hugs)

@jenn0021 Will be thinking of you Tuesday!

@luciddreamer106 fx for this cycle. Ill probably be moving to IUI soon as well. If tou have to, I hope your insurance isn't too much of a pain

@anitaflora. Im very excited for you about your IVF decision! Im sorry about your grandmother in law, that has to be horribly difficult

We go Monday for our follow up/decision making appt. All of our test results should be in, including DHs semen analysis. He just dropped the sample off Wed. Does that seem like enough time (wed thru Mon)?

So far, SHG and HSG were clear, we're both low on vitamin D, so now on a supplement, and my FSH was 4.6, lower than a year ago! I guess I was really expecting something to be wrong since we havent gotten pregnant for over a year. Maybe something will come up in the other tests.

QOTW we will not be going out for valentines day. We will be ordering in and beginning the2nd season of House of Cards. Im so excited!

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Options
    jenkellenjenkellen member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Everyone. 

@sammer818 - good luck at the monitoring scan tomorrow! 

@buggirl72 - I wish you a lot of luck finding an RE that you like and sending good vibes that your second opinion will turn out better than you expect. 

@jenn0021 - good luck on Tuesday! Do you have any other tests or is that your last one?

@luciddreamer106 - I hope this cycle works for you! FX!

@anitaflora - so you start your cycle...now! I am so so excited for you. Good luck my friend :)

@rachaelhudson - that's a wonderful FSH number! I think for the sample, they have to do the analysis right after you drop it off. So they should have the results the same day, probably just takes some time to get relayed to the doctor I would think?

As for me, I just did my HSG trigger Thursday and had my first IUI on Friday. I've been super uncomfortable the last 2 days. I've had a lot of lower pain/pressure and I'm feeling a bit crazy. It's very hard to follow doctors orders to have sex a few times after when I'm feeling so crappy. 

We decided we are going to get a second opinion with another RE. I feel like I'm going to a baby making factory, there is no personal touch and the office is terribly disorganized. I'm probably going to put a post on the main board about about this, to make sure I'm not overreacting. Because of this we both went into my IUI really angry. I really hope it doesn't put a whole dark cloud over the whole thing. 

ETA. Sorry -- Valentine's Day. No we don't celebrate it. We do things for each other when we need it not because the calendar says so. :)

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    @jenkellen - I'm sorry you don't like our RE's office and don't feel like they care, that must suck. Hopefully this IUI works and you won't have to search for a new office!

As for me, after the SHG I have to go in for bloodwork the end of the month, to check progesterone levels and also to do karotyping on DH and I. Then I'll be done until our follow up and see what they say.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @jenn0021 - thanks for your support! Gotcha, I'm glad you are coming to the end of your testing. Good luck!

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    @sammer818 - As usual, I'll keep my FX for you for good news next week!

@buggirl72 - GL with your search, I hope you find someone for a second opinion. OMG, only 3 weeks till the bar? ugh, I'm studying for my boards (taking one in 2 weeks, still not sure when I'm taking the other) and it is sooooooo stressful. I had a major meltdown yesterday. I feel your pain. Also, your DH sounds like mine in terms of valentines day!

@jenn0021 - GL on Tuesday! I would recommend taking something beforehand. Bring your own pads. I felt totally fine afterwards and would've felt fine having people over. The pain during the procedure was, for me, like a pap smear followed by mild cramping. Really not bad. I hope it goes well and that your ute and tubes look great!

@luciddreamer106 - I've been majorly stalking your chart, when are you testing?!

@anitaflora - SO SO SO excited for you!! EEEK! I'm so sorry to hear about your GMIL though. ((hugs)) to you and your family.

@rachaelhudson - GL at your appt. That does seem fast for the SA but I'm sure it depends on the lab.

@jenkellen - I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the office. Hopefully a second opinion will help you decide what to do moving forward.

My update:
    This week has been...eventful. I posted on the main board, but we magically got a next-day cancellation appt with the RE, which is, like, unheard of here in Sweden. I was expecting to have to wait months, but it's only been a month since my most recent loss and we've already been seen! amazing. We were cleared to TTC so we have been HIO. At the appt, on Tuesday, she saw a nice follicle so I was expecting O this week. My body normally has a pretty nice pattern but, not so this cycle. Not sure what's going on. It doesn't help that I was half-assing temping bc I didn't think we would be TTC this cycle. Well, we'll see. I think I O'ed on Wednesday but my temps haven't really lined up with that. Hmmm..

Anyway, we are getting bloodwork, karyotypes, and a new HSG for me. My CD3 bloodwork will have to wait a while since I'll be traveling a lot in the next 2 months. HSG will probably have to wait too. After we get our results, we'll sit down with the RE again. I actually liked her, so hopefully things will continue to go well there.

QOTW: We don't really celebrate either. My DH sounds like buggirl's DH. He doesn't really like to celebrate. My dad always sends me flowers though! :-D

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options

rachaelhudson That sounds about right for getting the SA results, it took us a few days. FX that your testing comes back ok.

jenkellen Good luck with getting a second opinion. FX for a successful IUI!

RedTwizzlers I’m testing tomorrow and I’m also going for a beta tomorrow. I can’t go in for the blood test until after work and I doubt I’ll get my results back the same day then, so I’m taking HPT to help ease the anticipation. There’s a chance that there could be residual HCG trigger, so that’s why I have the blood test. I’m so happy that you got in for the RE so soon. Good luck with all of your testing.

Hawkward Yay for being cleared to TTC! I hope you feel better soon.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"