Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How do you avoid going crazy?

I know getting pregnant can take a while. I know this. Seriously, logically, I know this. But, I just tested this morning and found out that I'm still not pregnant. My husband and I haven't been trying for a particularly loooooong time....but, I just expected it to happen sooner. And I never realized how long a month could last, for waiting to test again after a negative pregnancy test result. So, mostly just feeling a little bummed out today and welcoming your input: How do you avoid going crazy either waiting until you can test again or just for the TTC process in general?

Re: How do you avoid going crazy?

• Options
    MrsP924MrsP924 member
    edited February 2014
    I know it can be frustrating. Believe me I know. Try and take your mind off of it. Get a manicure and pedicure. Hang our with friends drink some wine and oh cupcakes also help! But in all seriousness, just try to stay calm and keep at it! Do you temp or use FF? I definitely suggest temping and using FF. Best of luck and keep your head up!
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I netflix, pinterest and read.  Somedays I fully embrace the crazy.  Okay...probably most days.
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• Options
    JessO91 said:
    I know getting pregnant can take a while. I know this. Seriously, logically, I know this. But, I just tested this morning and found out that I'm still not pregnant. My husband and I haven't been trying for a particularly loooooong time....but, I just expected it to happen sooner. And I never realized how long a month could last, for waiting to test again after a negative pregnancy test result. So, mostly just feeling a little bummed out today and welcoming your input: How do you avoid going crazy either waiting until you can test again or just for the TTC process in general?
    Well, are you temping/charting to make sure you are optimizing your chances of conception each cycle?  That can help, for some, to ease the crazy because you are not in the dark about what is going on.  

For instance, I am on CD 30 (or something like it).  But, I know that I haven't ovulated yet so I am not thinking I am "late", testing, and freaking out about BFNs. That's my best advice, good luck!

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Options
    edited February 2014

I let myself go crazy once in a while.  Then I find something else to do.  It's much like any other situation where you're anxious for results.  You just gotta do what you can, then let go when there's nothing else to be done.

I'm 6 DPO and getting antsier every day.  But... I know there will not be any HCG in my body right now, so why bother testing?  What's done is done, and I find peace in that :)

ETA: I admit, I peed on an OPK this morning because I wanted to pee on SOMETHING!  Yes, I'm nuts.

• Options
    I like to post in the 2WW and Waiting to O threads to expel my daily crazy.

• Options
    mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited February 2014
    I...
    Read at least one book a week
    Am learning to knit
    Craft
    Bake
    Try at least one new recipe a week
    Take the pup to the dog park
    Keep up with my shows
    Let DH take me on dates :)
    Eat so much sushi

In other words, I do what I always do, and every now and then I let myself give into the crazy. Life goes on outside your womb no matter what.

• Options
    Enjoy the things you can do now, because after you do get your BFP life will change forever!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Anniversary

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I typically go bat shit crazy a couple times a month & DH has to deal with it. ;) 

Other times I run, eat more than I should, watch TV, run some more because I ate too much and watched too much tv and shop. 

ETA: What the fuck, I cannot type a sentence like a normal person right now.
  • Options
    Goldie000Goldie000 member
    edited February 2014
    If you stick around you will notice being on here helps a lot. You realize you are normal and not alone. Any time I feel frustrated or see another one of my friends get pregnant, it helps for me to think I still have that to look forward to! That exciting time hasn't even began for us yet, and that's a great way to look at it. A lot of people I know are done having babies.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    TTC #1 since October 2013
    Married since September 2011
    Me and DH are both 29
    BFP 2/10/14 resulting in CP at 4w3d
    BFP 6/8/14 resulting in CP at 5w6d
    BFP 7/20/14 EDD: 4/2/15. It's a GIRL!
  • Options
    EmeJay said:
    Cocaine
    Hiiiiiiii!  I'd like to give that a shot, you know some stress relief.
    :)
  • Options
    kaimee27kaimee27 member
    edited February 2014
    JessO91 said:
    Oh me?  I was born crazy, so pretty much I just roll with it.  Seriously though, I work, I read, I watch movies, and obsessively bump when all else fails.  Just try to distract yourself as best you can, and let the crazy out every once in a while.  And here's a video to distract you:

EDIT:  because technology is hard.

• Options
    I drink wine.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    I cuddle with my puppies and tell them that they are my real children even if they're just a *little* hairier than DH...
  • Options
    Also, I go to the gym about 4-5x a week. Keeping myself healthy by working out and eating well makes me feel really good about TTC... I like knowing that I'm doing all I can to be healthy enough to carry a child (when it happens).
  • Options
    lwoehlk said:

I...

Read at least one book a week
    Am learning to knit
    Craft
    Bake
    Try at least one new recipe a week
    Take the pup to the dog park
    Keep up with my shows
    Let DH take me on dates :)
    Eat so much sushi

In other words, I do what I always do, and every now and then I let myself give into the crazy. Life goes on outside your womb no matter what.

I spent a little too long looking at this post because I thought the formatting was going to spell out something fun with the first letters....

Op, you will go crazy at times but the best things are distractions. I have tried to work out more and do pottery for a fun distraction. I try to limit my time on here but it's hard. I also agree that for me, temping and charting makes me feel better. I think I would spend more time freaking out if I didn't. Especially since my cycles are longer than 28 days, I would be peeling on things all the time!! Good luck!

Eta: oh and I drink a lot of wine!!
    -----
    Some suggestions:

Fun activities outside the house
    Unpaid volunteer work
    Crafts and DIY projects
    Kicking back with some wine

Me (30; PCOS) + H (36; Healthy) + 2 kitties
    5 clomid cycles (BFN)
    4 femara cycles (BFN)
    3 injectables cycles (BFN)
    Moving on to IVF in Jan/Feb 2015
  • Options
    I definitely feel crazy too and we are only on month 4 this time around. As soon as I ovulate up until AF shows, I think about TTC and what-ifs non stop! I have been trying to get healthier for my future pregnancy by running a few times a week. I read about other people's BfP's and I plan vacations for fun even though we won't take 90% of them, haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone. It is nice to know that so many of you know what I'm going through.
  • Options
    Let's see... I cross stitch (though simple it is extremely time consuming; I crochet; I take care of DD1 and DD2; I watch wayyyy too much TV and movies; I read obsessively; I Bump; I go through the house on scavenging missions because I donate AT LEAST once a month, often more and never have less than 1 black garbage bag full of stuff; I clean a lot (not that anyone can tell).
    @SassyMommaC I love this. I love getting rid of stuff. Can you come over and help me win over DH on this? We've established that you're close by. ;-)

Okay, I'm joking.

Mostly.

Not really.

Okay, I am.

Sigh.

Things have been busy lately but now that they're finally slowing down I kind of hope it stays cold longer so we have an excuse to hole up inside and go through stuff! Before our recent move, we were able to donate two big boxes of items, plus a few large items. But we still have three big boxes of stuff in the storage room in our basement that we KNOW we are getting rid of and just have to take the time to because it requires work (sheets and mattress pads that should probably be washed before donating because I can't remember if I did after last using them before throwing them in the box; unused prescription meds and mercury light bulbs that have to be disposed of properly; etc.). Sigh. Those boxes obviously are the best place to start. Then afterward we can start going through other parts of the house and refilling those boxes! :-)  There is ALWAYS stuff to get rid of!

You have motivated me! This is happening!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"