TTC after 35
Options

Another silly Get to know you Question.

So what do you ladies do? Are you a SAHM? Have a job or career? How long have you been doing it? Do you love it? Hate it? 

I'll go first! 

I am a professional photographer. No formal college education. Just a passion and love for something creative that I love. been at it for about 2 years in a business way but picked up a camera about 5 years ago. I specialize in Boudoir and Seniors and Newborns. I know an odd mix but they all have one thing in common. 1 subject.  I shoot a lot of weddings as well as all the other normal stuff like families and kids etc. I love love love love it. The only thing thats not to love is its hard to make a living at it because its very competitive with so many Newbie photogs out there undercutting professional prices.

If I wasn't a photographer I would be a party planner or coordinator. :)
SIGGY WARNING
Me 38   DH 34
married 05-21-11 
started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 

Re: Another silly Get to know you Question.

• Options
    Well I am a babysitter but I do it from my home so I kinda a SAHM.

I watch 2 children. The little man is going to be 5 and I've had him since he is 6 months. And the little misses turned 2 today and I've had her since she is 4 months. They are from different families but both sets of parents are friends of mine so it's super comfortable. They drop off the kids and I'm usually still in my pajamas.

I love my job because I just love children and I'm good at raising them but I hate that my own family doesn't see it as real work. I get absolutely no help with the house work or other house chores because I'm home all day and they think I should do it all. My husband is the worst and my own kids follow suit. I have spoken my mind about it several times and it does no good. My husband asked me the other day why I'm always so mad. My answer is because they all think I'm the maid. And if I stop doing all the housework to prove a point it just builds up and I make it worse on myself. So I just do it.

I also own part of a florist with one of my sisters. We had a falling out and I left the business but she still hasn't bought be out yet. It's been 5 years since I left that.

Oh yeah and I make cupcakes as a side "hobby". Sometimes I get paid and sometimes I do it for friends and family. This is a pic of cupcakes I made for a friend today.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited January 2014
    @KirstenAlecia, how cool that you get to do what you love! And@Hooligans, those cupcakes are awesome. I want one!

I work in communications at a non-profit. I do like it, especially the creative parts, and a lot of it is really rewarding. But honestly I'm not exaaaactly a people person, so sometimes it gets tiring. I think I'd kill to be able to work part time...
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I teach middle school language arts and French.  I'm in my 16th year of teaching.  I love the act of teaching and being in the classroom with the kids, it's all the other BS I could do without, 
    Me 38 DH 40
    TTC since Dec 2010.
    Diagnosed anovulatory, HSG clear. Slight MFI- borderline count, but excellent motility and morphology 
    Nov. 12- Feb.13 Gonal F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Lap April 13. Found blocked tube and bridged fimbria. Opened tube and cut fimbria. All clear 
    June 13  Gonal F+ Pregnyl +IUI = BFN Stopped treatment with RE due to side effects from drugs and told we needed IVF.
    Oct. 13 started Accupuncture and Chinese herbs- being monitored by RE. Getting better response- e2 and follie size. 
    Now RE says TI till March, then IUI. Fingers crossed, 

All welcome
  • Options
    I left a sales career (13 years) to go to nursing school but after a year and a half of school to finish my pre-requisites I had our daughter. Now I stay at home and she is 7 months old. I found myself missing having my own thing and wishing I could work part time so I am now a sales ambassador for Plexus weight loss and wellness products and I'm loving that I can stay home and am starting to contribute financially again. Oh, and my husband has been using the products and is losing the "baby weight" and is looking hot. Holla! I still want to go back for nursing after baby #2.
  • Options
    I'm an event coordinator for a analytic research company. I love what I do but after 14 years in the same job, I want a change. Or a baby that I can stay home with...
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    I'm a sahm ...I have epilepsy...I use to have like 20 seizures a day but now know a lot was from a stressful first marriage( emotional abusive & pychological abusive) he left ., ended up being the best thing to happen to me. I met my true love and happy ever after..seizures got a lot better and got the ok to have children, now have ds...my life is blessed!...I was a RN before seizures got so bad...
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    I work full time (my MIL watches my little guy). I'm an editor. Sounds far more glamorous than it actually is. If I had my way, I'd be a SAHM. But I am the main breadwinner. My husband does all the running around for my little guy's therapies and his work schedule is great for shuttling around our son. So it all works out. 

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am a nurse, I love being a nurse and I'm good at it, been 11 years plus now. I was hoping to stay at home with the babies, but since we havent had any yet, I am still working.... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a web designer/developer.  Been doing it quite a long time, so getting the urge to do something else.  Wish I could just be a SAHM.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    @Hooligans4 , I have done childcare and it is HARD WORK. Let you hubby and kids help you one day to prove the point! Your cupcakes ARE SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Look into more of that. I see a lot of cake decorators in my business and it looks like you are one talented lady….if they taste as good as they look you are good as GOLD!

@Davie813 , Communications?? Sounds fancy!!!! Creative also though? Score!!!! It is cool that i get to do what i love but ZERO $$ has come in this month and since I JUST left a part time "regular" job and hubby just bought me a new car for christmas Im thinking of going back to the "real" word and getting a "real" job. Im soooooo stressed but will somehow figure it out! 

@Shannon97, Oh wow, middle school. That I think is a wonderful age and awful all at the same time. They are so funny and yet can be such brats! lol. I wish I knew French. I always have said I wish sleep was unneccesary and that if i had more hours in the day Id learn new things (like French)

@Fabumama, SAHM is hard work, and you run your own business (like me) that takes dedication! Do you have a FB page? PM me and id love to head over and give it a "LIKE" Im ALL ABOUT supporting other women who run their own businesses! 

@soontobeshrader, Your job sounds fancy too! What kind of events do you coordinate for a research company? 

@Samualsmom, I bet your epilepsy being so bad at the time had something to do with the abuse you suffered. hugs I have been abused by someone I love before and its a rough life. Its a wonderful thing to experience true happiness after so much! Do you ever miss being an RN?

@Processofbecoming, I think your job does sound glamorous! I know for a fact that my hubby always thought he would grow up and marry someone with a college education and a real grown up job (like an editor!) not a starving artist who never really grew up…lol. I wish i had gone to college. Editing sounds fabulous to me since I LOVE to read. I imagine though it may be different in my head than what it REALLY is like for you.

@BigBoned, my last "REAL" grown up job (sort of) was in the medical field and I know a lot of nurses and MA's as a result. You ladies are the backbone of your practices and offices. I always admired it. Not sure I could do it but I sure do admire. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    I am a SAHM to one 2.5 year old LO. I taught elementary music for 11 years, and I am also into photography. I had a fairly active little business before I had a baby and moved two hours away. I haven't pursued many clients since we moved, but I've done a few baby sessions. I'm also shooting a wedding for a friend, with another photog friend next month. I'm very excited to see if it's worth it to get established in this new market.

Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Options
    I have a bachelors in social work/justice, but I'm in HR for a research institution, hiring staff and faculty. It's a snoozer, but the people are cool and I make good money. My fella is in law enforcement. I had a foster son (4yo) and stayed home with him for a while (took leave). It was hard work! I'm not sure if I can do it again. :) I have so much respect for SAHMs.

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Options
    I'm a college professor...I teach psychology. I only work 10 months out of the year so my schedule would be perfect for when my future LOs start school. I love what I do. If it just included just myself and the students but there is so much paperwork that also goes along with the job.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• Options
    @Hooligans4 that cake is awesome!! I would pay for a yummy cupcake!!

I've been a nanny since the oldest..now 20 in May..was 4 weeks old and then his sister who just turned 17. I'm more of a house assistant? I quit once for about a month when I had few teacher interviews. Obviously didn't get the job!!

I loved my job more when I was actually a nanny. I traveled alot with them..summers in Nantucket and winters at Beaver Creek. Sometimes the Hamptons. The 11 hr days are getting to be a pain. I'm over that lol.

I sometimes wish I had more of an exciting/smart job!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    TTCBabyJ said, I could really do without all the paperwork and bureaucracy! 
  • Options
    I am in outside sales in the building products industry, and have been with my company for 14 years, and they are a great company to be with. My accounts are Home Depot and Lowes, and I have a lot of fun with it. I love the outside sales aspect as I have a lot of flexibility, it would be really hard to be back in an office full time. The only downside is it is very male dominated industry, and hence, ZERO fertility coverage.
    Me: 40, Hypothyroidism, well managed, TSH 1.99
    DH: 44 Fine except for low morphology
    TTC since 02/2013  
    08/13: Day 3 tests (ESTRADIOL 20.8; AMH 1.1; FSH 6.2)
    12/13 HSG, all clear
    11/13-5/14 - IUIs #1-3, BFNs, 
    6/14 to present: Taking a break, getting healthier, researching IVF
    Planning for IVF in late summer 2015

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I am a college professor who currently teaches composition, literature, and business writing online so I can be a SAHM. I've been a professor for nearly 11 years and I love it. Because I watch my one-year-old, I have to be sure not to take on too much. I am an adjunct for several universities, so I can accept as many classes as I feel able to teach. 

If we are successful at TTC, I wonder how much I can work with two LOs.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Wow!!! So many smart women around here!! Im going to have to be mindful of my spelling, grammar and punctuation! lol. I was never really great at school TILL I went to college, junior college that is. I think it meant more to me then. 
    Still in the end, school wasn't for me. I had my daughter Savannah at 20 and being a young, single mom with no car and a low wage job made it just too much. 

Im so glad to get so many responses. I loved reading all of these! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    Wow!!! So many smart women around here!! Im going to have to be mindful of my spelling, grammar and punctuation! lol. I was never really great at school TILL I went to college, junior college that is. I think it meant more to me then. 
    Still in the end, school wasn't for me. I had my daughter Savannah at 20 and being a young, single mom with no car and a low wage job made it just too much. 

Im so glad to get so many responses. I loved reading all of these! 
    @KirstinAlecia: Come take online classes with me. ;-)

I never correct posters' spelling or grammar because I would not appreciate receiving corrections from others! :-)

I'm glad to join this board. Everyone seems really grounded and drama-free.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I am on my 2nd career, I worked for a YMCA for years. Left that, now I am a massage therapist specializing in women's health including fertility, prenatal, labor and postpartum massages as well as chronic pain. My masters in Holistic Health studies allows me to be a "coach". I am struggling to get a regular clientele, but it will happen. I absolutely love what I do, if only I could do the fertility treatments on myself (but my issues go a little deeper then what I can so as an mt)!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    That sounds like an amazing career path, Heather. Very rewarding and doing something you love... I love it! I am also a certified yoga instructor, but I haven't taught in a couple years. I've been considering a career switch: getting my Masters in Counseling Psych or SW, or ...I don't know something completely different than what I do. Something more rewarding, creative, with more freedom. 

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Options
    @kirstenAlecia sometimes I miss being an Rn but my family calls me all the time to diagnose them. Haha. My neuro thinks the abuse caused stress that help trigger my seizures..I started having them in my early twenties. Some were grandmal but now are mostly the type where I stare a few seconds..it's funny met my current love and they got better:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited January 2014

@kirstenAlecia sometimes I miss being an Rn but my family calls me all the time to diagnose them. Haha. My neuro thinks the abuse caused stress that help trigger my seizures..I started having them in my early twenties. Some were grandmal but now are mostly the type where I stare a few seconds.. it's funny met my current love and they got better:)

Love this! :)

*****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I am a detention officer for the sheriff's office in charlotte, nc. I also have my own business on the side doing web/graphic design. I love anything I can be creative in and I love to cook. So recently I began on this baking journey. I started out with cookies, then I went to cupcakes and now I am on cakes. Eventually I want to do wedding cakes. I also hold an AS in nursing (LPN), I'm a CMA and I also have an AS in Information Technology with a concentration in graphic design and a BS in Information Technology and I'm currently working on another BS in Information Technology with a concentration in Mobile Application Development. lol, I hate to stay still so I am always into something lol. My DH calls me trouble because of that!

• Options
    There are so many powerful strong women on here, I applaud you all.
    <<BR> I am a Fingerprint Examiner for the government. I love what I do. I use to work at a sheriff's crime lab as an evidence specialist for 15 yrs. I also owned a production company with a friend and we ran that also for 15 yrs.I needed a change. Now that I am in the job I love, it is time to concentrate on me and add a baby. I am also taking a dabble into being an MA. Since being on this journey, I have an admiration for medical assistants and nurses. Just what I need another degree. Lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • Options
    Sunni01 said:
    There are so many powerful strong women on here, I applaud you all.
    <
    I am a Fingerprint Examiner for the government. I love what I do. I use to work at a sheriff's crime lab as an evidence specialist for 15 yrs. I also owned a production company with a friend and we ran that also for 15 yrs.I needed a change. Now that I am in the job I love, it is time to concentrate on me and add a baby. I am also taking a dabble into being an MA. Since being on this journey, I have an admiration for medical assistants and nurses. Just what I need another degree. Lol.
    Sunni there are so many! I AM IMPRESSED! So glad I asked this! I feel like i know y'all a little better. Smart smart ladies and creative ones like me too! I love that!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    @KirstenAlecia  I don't have a business FB page but thank you for asking, very sweet of you.  The weight loss and wellness products I sell (and use) is part of a company that is like a Mary Kay, Rodan and Fields so I just have my personal website link :)
  • Options
    Another RN here :)

My last job was in a step down ICU and I floated to the SICU. 

My DH is in the military, so we have been living in Germany for 2.5 years, and I have been a SAHM during that time. It's been great, but I do very much miss working and look forward to getting back to work, even if part time. 
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    @jb2rn I loved Germany. I hope you are enjoying it. I worked at LRMC when I was there, we had some Dep. Wives working with us... the consensus was it was a huge PITA to get hired on and they dont pay much, like $20/hr I heard in 2009. But if housing and bills and insurance are all covered, I guess its not too bad... usajobs.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Very new here ... I test software. It's a good living, and I'm grateful for that because my husband is currently not able to work, which may never change.

But in my heart, where it matters, I'm a writer. I'm working on my first book. Progress is slow because I don't have a lot of time to devote to it, but it will happen.
  • Options
    @jb2rn I loved Germany. I hope you are enjoying it. I worked at LRMC when I was there, we had some Dep. Wives working with us... the consensus was it was a huge PITA to get hired on and they dont pay much, like $20/hr I heard in 2009. But if housing and bills and insurance are all covered, I guess its not too bad... usajobs.com
    very cool! We are down in Stuttgart, so it would be about a two hour drive up there. We only have a clinic on base and I never saw any jobs there while we have been here.

It's been a fun assignment, but we are very ready to get back to the land of Target and drive up ATM's/pay at the pump! :)
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    evelyns99 said:
    But in my heart, where it matters, I'm a writer. I'm working on my first book. Progress is slow because I don't have a lot of time to devote to it, but it will happen.
    Yay, good for you! Keep it up, you seem to have a great attitude. I am working with an editor to finish up a first book - five years after starting it. (took me five years to finish my master's too... I may slow but at least I finish things eventually, right?!)
    It's nonfiction and I've signed with a hybrid publisher to get it out. It's so frickin' scary, but even worse would be the regret if I didn't give it a shot. 

Anyway, my current day job is with a nonprofit in HR - focused on training and communication. It's a bit of a transition from my former job at a University which included travel and hobnobbing with global business execs. Of course, that always comes at the expense of working with big ego and lots of stress, and now I'm in a low-stress job with a super-nice team. Even though I'm overqualified and underpaid, it's the perfect place to be for starting a family (and finishing a book!). 
    Of course now that I'm stuck in the TTC process, and feeling stagnant in my career, I find myself on the brink of a full-on midlife crisis!  I'm fighting it off though, I know that's an overreaction - everything will work out and even this "transition phase" will make sense eventually. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    Currently on leave from my teaching job where I taught general and special ed for periods of time. Also used to work for a local hospital with brain injured kids. I love staying home but days can be long as my DH works a lot and travels some. My district has lots of challenges so I have much less stress as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"