June 2012 Moms

Byebye Paci

I was wondering if anyone has some tips on weaning LO from a paci.
DD is a paci addict as of late and has started to bite them so hard they are cracking and ripping. I think its time for them to go and I know its going to be tough. She currently only gets paci at nap and bed and also asks for her paci at those times.

This is going to be a big step for DD. Any tips on how to make this process as quick and painless as possible? Should we just go cold turkey?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Byebye Paci

• We went cold turkey. He quickly started sucking his thumb though so I don't know how successful we were. Good luck! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 quit the paci herself around 4 months, but she now sucks her fingers like PP's LO.

We went cold turkey with DD1 when she was around two and a half. She was pretty pissed for the first couple nights, but hasn't asked for it since that week.

• Loading the player...
  • We went cold turkey when DS was around 18 months. He was paci obsessed so I was so nervous about it.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He quickly got over it and seemed to forget about it completely.

Give it a shot and you may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did cold turkey at nine months because he started biting through them and he went through a couple of days fighting sleep but it all worked out well. I know some Moms have a bye bye paci party where they have their LO say goodbye to them and throw them away themselves. Others have cut the rubber part off and let LO try to suck in it and it not work. Some lose interest after that. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"