Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sell photos of your baby for money???

illba2011illba2011 member
edited February 2014 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Re: Sell photos of your baby for money???

• Options
    Why would it be exploitation, they're not naked?? It's just cute baby pics. What can they possibly do with the pics, not to mention it's not like you can distinguish my baby pic and say oh that's so and so's baby. Most of the images are used for blogs and websites anyway. Since you can't just copy and paste photos from the web you have actually have to pay someone for an image to have the right to post it on your website. IDK just an idea...
  • Options
    PB102012PB102012 member
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't sell pictures of my LO. I agree with PP's... if it's something that you're interested in, do your research beforehand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting discussion here. Sorry illba2011  I don't have much knowledge or a strong opinion at this point. I'm curious if having your baby 'model' for money is viewed the same way?
  • Options
    I just see it as anyone can alter a picture to look like something it is not. I personally wouldn't want to give someone the opportunity to deface my baby's picture. To each their own.
  • Options
    I think YOU would be the one exploited, not your baby, because whatever entity you're selling your pictures to has implied or made it seem like you're going to get a lot of money for them when it's likely you will get very little, if anything, or have to pay for a professional shoot out of your own pocket.  Baby isn't going to care if he's naked or have any idea what's going on.

• Options
    It is a thing. Their stock photo companies photographers use them all the time. Once approved to submit photos to these companies you may submit and get paid when someone uses your photo. The pay isn't very much but it is kind of fun to do. Companies well purchase stock photos for use in magazines advertisements fliers pretty much anything you can think of. Some stock companies will only allow you to submit specific fields of photographs such as animals, babies, flowers, or textural photos. Good luck!
  • Options
    jaqualls said:
    It is a thing. Their stock photo companies photographers use them all the time. Once approved to submit photos to these companies you may submit and get paid when someone uses your photo. The pay isn't very much but it is kind of fun to do. Companies well purchase stock photos for use in magazines advertisements fliers pretty much anything you can think of. Some stock companies will only allow you to submit specific fields of photographs such as animals, babies, flowers, or textural photos. Good luck!
    Yes that's what I was reading. I'll start off with pics of my plants :) Not sure what everyone has their panties up in a bunch over getting paid for a few images. 
  • Options
    I just I'm kind of confused my some of your comments. You would post your baby's pictures on the bump, facebook, Instagram, etc. That anyone can copy, alter, distribute, or sell themselves, but you wouldn't do it for a company that will pay you for the picture and you get to pick which one it is so it doesn't exploit your child? The photos you post on here or facebook can be very easily copied and distributed. Don't think just because you profile is private on facebook that only your "friends" are seeing it, your privacy setting son't protect your pics from being distributed all over the web, so not sure how selling your image of a cute bundled up baby for example is wrong???
  • Options
    I don't think it's wrong to sell your baby's photos, I would just be really dubious of any business or whatever seeking you out to sell your baby's photos - it might be a scam.  Just clarifying my point.

Also, any photo you post to Facebook (not sure about the Bump) becomes the property of Facebook.  To me it's not a big deal, but other people might take issue with it.
  • Options
    Why not try your luck with a modelling agency? If your baby gets signed with them and gets work, they can get paid from that. In the long run it could be more money if they get work than selling them to a company you are unsure about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Why not try your luck with a modelling agency? If your baby gets signed with them and gets work, they can get paid from that. In the long run it could be more money if they get work than selling them to a company you are unsure about.
    @TaviaBrad: how would her BABY modeling and making money help the OP? The money would be her BABY'S money, not hers to spend.

That's a good point. I forgot about that. My fault for making the suggestion.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My baby is cute, but I wouldn't pimp out his image. It's strange that OP would assume that we all use Facebook and definitely post pics of our LO on there. OP, if you don't want an actual opinion then don't ask for one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you like the idea of selling photos of your own babies then be my guest. I personally wouldn't sell my own child's photos for money...they're mine to cherish and keep...that's just me though.

Sell some old clothes, shoes or purses...
  • Options

My baby is cute, but I wouldn't pimp out his image. It's strange that OP would assume that we all use Facebook and definitely post pics of our LO on there. OP, if you don't want an actual opinion then don't ask for one.
    Who said I don't want an opinion? I'm loving all the comments. So many different people in this world.
  • Options
    Sounds sketchy to me, but I'm pretty careful even about Facebook and have NO baby pictures on The Bump....I just think it's weird that anyone could use my kids picture for any purpose. I teach Internet safety to my 5th graders and I always say: once a picture is online it's out there forever and you have no control over what people use it for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"