Preemies

XP: NO MORE OXYGEN!!

You guuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiise. Josh has been on oxygen at night for the last couple of months. But today he was cleared to go off it!!! Forever!!! And the stupid pulse ox monitor, too!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am so excited! I have dreamed of this day and I thought it might not come till like 2029. BUT IT"S HERE. Andplusalso no more beep beep beep beep beep all.night.long. Andplusalsosomemore he can go out and be near other people in March!!!!!! 

I am also a little nervous... what do I do with a kid when I can't see his heart rate or oxygen saturation right away. But I'll take the nerves!!! 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

Re: XP: NO MORE OXYGEN!!

• Congrats! That's awesome!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • I'm sure the nerves will settle after a few days!!!!! Congrats, what news!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!! That's so exciting!

The nerves will dissipate, promise. I was nervous too about taking LO off o2 and the pulse ox and we actually kept her on the pulse ox an extra couple days just to make sure she was maintaining. I also didn't really make a big deal of telling people because I was afraid of jinxing things. Enjoy!! :)
  • YAYYYYYY!!! So happy for you!!!! A wireless baby! Congrats, mama!

imageimage
  • Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!! I remember when we were finally off the oxygen with Adalyn!  Congratulations on your 100% wifi baby! :)
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Thanks so much, everyone! Josh says thank you, too!

• Congrats!!! That's so exciting! The nerves will dissipate, promise. I was nervous too about taking LO off o2 and the pulse ox and we actually kept her on the pulse ox an extra couple days just to make sure she was maintaining. I also didn't really make a big deal of telling people because I was afraid of jinxing things. Enjoy!! :)
    I was all set to put him on the monitor last night just to calm my nerves, and my adorable little child kicked his foot against the crib and broke the sensor! I guess he was done with it, too :) I did get up a couple of times and check on him but he was sound asleep and had no problems!

• congratulations!!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • flerlgirl said:

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!

The nerves will dissipate, promise. I was nervous too about taking LO off o2 and the pulse ox and we actually kept her on the pulse ox an extra couple days just to make sure she was maintaining. I also didn't really make a big deal of telling people because I was afraid of jinxing things. Enjoy!! :)

I was all set to put him on the monitor last night just to calm my nerves, and my adorable little child kicked his foot against the crib and broke the sensor! I guess he was done with it, too :) I did get up a couple of times and check on him but he was sound asleep and had no problems!

Haha that's hilarious! He knew he was done :) They always seem to know... The day LO was going to get her NG tube out, by the time the nurse came in to remove it, she had already pulled it out herself! Silly babes!!

P.S. He's ADORABLE!!!
  • YAY and right before his first birthday!!!  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • flerlgirlflerlgirl member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats!!! That's so exciting! The nerves will dissipate, promise. I was nervous too about taking LO off o2 and the pulse ox and we actually kept her on the pulse ox an extra couple days just to make sure she was maintaining. I also didn't really make a big deal of telling people because I was afraid of jinxing things. Enjoy!! :)
    Haha that's hilarious! He knew he was done :) They always seem to know... The day LO was going to get her NG tube out, by the time the nurse came in to remove it, she had already pulled it out herself! Silly babes!! P.S. He's ADORABLE!!!
    They are too smart for their own good! That's too funny about the NG tube. She was probably like DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF FINE I WILL. And thank you!

• Woohoo, a wireless baby! Wonderful news! Congratulations! 

PS. He is so stinking cute in that helmet! When DD came out of her helmet we kept it as a "trophy" and now one of her stuffed bears wears it. ;) 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woohoo, a wireless baby! Wonderful news! Congratulations! 

PS. He is so stinking cute in that helmet! When DD came out of her helmet we kept it as a "trophy" and now one of her stuffed bears wears it. ;) 
    I love that idea! The kid has enough stuffed animals to pick from; we may as well dress at least one up! :) And thank you! 

• Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited February 2014
    @flerlgirl Yay! Glad you like it. It felt like a fun way to celebrate. ;) PIP below for giggles. ETA: Posted directly from my phone. I hope the picture doesn't blow up to massive proportions!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay!!!!! Nice going, Josh!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @bluebird2318 - love it! It coordinates so nicely. 

• @mrsdbc I would be flattered if you were internet creeping me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"