March 2013 Moms

First haircut?

hallawayhallaway member
edited February 2014 in March 2013 Moms
When are you getting the baby's first haircut? My son's hair is curly, but it's down to the middle of his back when wet...I'm considering a cut, but I'm unsure as to when it's first done! Suggestions?

Re: First haircut?

• Not much hair over here, so we're definitely not cutting it anytime soon, but a handful of my friends did their kids' first cuts at one. His hair sounds cute though!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ds hair by his ears is out of control. I keep trying to out it behind his ear but always sticks out. I'm tempted to just take him for a trim.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We cut DS's hair at 4mo. He's had 3 so far. But he was born with a full head of hair, and it never fell out. People started saying he had a combover before his first cut.
  • Our son was born with a full head of hair and his first cut was around four months right before his christening. He's had a few since and needs another...it grows so fast!
  • I doubt she will need a haircut until she's like 3, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• DS was also born with a very full head of thick hair, and has had haircuts at 3,6 and 9months. We typically get his hair trimmed when his hair around the ears curl into them. That's usually when he looks like he has a mullet too!
  • People are going to be hastling me to cut his hair long before I ever will. I like shaggy longer hair on babies and toddler boys.
  • I'm not sure when we'll cut DS hair. He's also got a weird 2 length thing going on, super long parts in front and around his ears and then shorter stuff filling in now. It's not hanging in his eyes yet so I think we'll wait a little longer.

• lars1226 said:

I'm not sure when we'll cut DS hair. He's also got a weird 2 length thing going on, super long parts in front and around his ears and then shorter stuff filling in now. It's not hanging in his eyes yet so I think we'll wait a little longer.

That's what I love about baby hair. Lol
  • Nodoubtvw said:

I'm not sure when we'll cut DS hair. He's also got a weird 2 length thing going on, super long parts in front and around his ears and then shorter stuff filling in now. It's not hanging in his eyes yet so I think we'll wait a little longer.

That's what I love about baby hair. Lol
    I really love when the long parts stick straight up, oh crazy hair! Also if DH hairline is a prediction of the future, DS better enjoy his hair while it lasts.
  • I've heard that the barber shop on Main street in Disneyland gives baby's first haircut free. So maybe around Christmas. :)
  • JmeJme said:
    I doubt she will need a haircut until she's like 3, lol.
    yep, this for us as well.  this post makes me laugh, because we are nowhere near close to needing a haircut, we definitely have a bald baby!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"