Baby Showers

gift registry not updating/Target

Wanted to know if anyone has had this problem with Target or any other store that you have registered with...we have been registered for a good month now, shower invites have been sent etc....I have peeked only a couple times and noticed nothing was marked off of our list when I have had several family members say they had went shopping.  My Mom let me know that she purchased "so and so", didnt want to tell me but for some reason items being purchased are not updating, and this is the case with several friends/family who have shopped at different Target stores.  Anyone run into this?  Would like everything to be a surprise, ya know?  I Called the 800# for Target this morning and was of no help, the gal kept saying she was sorry for the inconvenience but appears to not have an explanation or solution.  Thanks in advance for "listening"!!!

Re: gift registry not updating/Target

• I am not sure why the assumption is that the registry is broken.  They could have purchased something that is not on your registry or they may have neglected to inform the cashier when they were checking out that it was a gift from the registry (in which case they wouldn't know to mark it off the registry).  Whatever the reason, the worst that could happen is that you have to exchange some things.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagecookiemdough:
    They could have purchased something that is not on your registry or they may have neglected to inform the cashier when they were checking out that it was a gift from the registry (in which case they wouldn't know to mark it off the registry).  Whatever the reason, the worst that could happen is that you have to exchange some things.  

This exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually I did have this problem.  I had a shower about 3 weeks and several things were purchased from my registry but this wasn't reflected on Target's website.  Same thing with Pottery Barn Kids; I actually bought a few things off of my registry myself back in April and they still haven't been marked as purchased.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mlangsmlangs member
    This happens at every store all the time... Not a big deal... Return it if you don't need it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes it happened to me. My mom bought the pack n play from target and waited 4-5 days to check to see if it was off the registry, it wasn't... So she called me and I manually marked it as purchased. I talked to customer service and they said she probably didn't give the clerk her registry sheet to scan. My mom said she did, but who knows.
  • Ive had issues with my target registry as well. Whenever I try to remove items from they show us as being purchased. Thankfully im only registered for a few things at target.
  • Had this problem with my wedding registry. Spoke to target manager who said registries can take 10 days to 4 weeks to update in their system for items that are purchased. Also said that Items purchased online updated quicker than in store purchases because of the way the computer systems talk to one another.
  • I have heard this before about Target's registry, and it is inconvenient also to the guest.  I would be a bit miffed if I chose something from the registry and watched you get two others just like it at the shower because Target can't get their act together.  The point of the registry is for the purchases to be tracked so guests can see what has and hasn't been chosen.  Come on Target!

• I had an issue too. I went to a shower went in with 5 other people to buy our friend the pack and play and she got the exact same thing from her hostesses. I felt really bad and apologized to the baby's mom and she was sweet and said she could always use two and I made sure to give her the receipt to take our back. Yet I registered at Target because there is nothing else in my town.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"