November 2012 Moms
Options

What convertible carseat do you have?

PBack when I was buying my first one (2006!), the only real choice was whether you were going to get a Roundabout or a Marathon. Now there are so many more choices. DD is a peanut and still in her Snugride 32 but I'm thinking about buying her next one.

What do you like? Anything I should avoid? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What convertible carseat do you have?

• Options
    We have the Recaro ProRide in both vehicles. I probably won't be buying it again with #2. It is a great seat just not recommended for taller children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have a Marathon in my car and a Roundabout in my DH's car. I love them both and so does V.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diono Radian RXT. Great seat. High weight and height for RF, then it will FF and turns into a booster. Also is a slender seat. We did have to buy the angle adjuster for DH's Camry, but still has plenty of room to fit 2 other ppl in the back.

• Options
    We have 2 Evenflow Titan Elite's ($90.00) in our vehicles. I like the seat, but it has to be pitched so far back to have the level arrows level, that it makes it almost impossible to have a passenger in the front with the seat rear-facing. I'm 5' 9" and have to sit at an angle with my knees in the dash in my husbands Jeep Patriot. I have a Mazda 3 which is WAY too small now anyway and will be trading it in the Spring, but the situation is even worse in there. 

Looking for recommendations too for seats that give more room front to back....maybe they're all like that? We can't take it anymore!

• Options
    I have the Chicco Nextfit in my car.  DD loves it!  We have the Safety 1st Alpha Omega in my parents and DH's cars.  I don't like it nearly as much as the Nextfit, but we needed something less expensive.

• Options
    Britax boulevard. Love it
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    edited February 2014
    Britax Marathon Classic - no complaints
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We have a Diono Radian RXT in both our car and in FMIL's car. For hers, I found it at a local baby boutique that was going out of business so it was marked down a LOT ($200). Her insurance company only gave her $100 for a new seat since she totaled her car with DS :( so I paid the other $100.

We also have an Evenflo SureRide in FFIL's car, but he doesn't drive DS that often because he lives a couple hours away. I could take it or leave it with the SureRide...

I love the Radians so much. We even used it flying from Phoenix to Erie, PA and back from Philly. It fit on three different-sized planes (even a prop plane!), and with the angle adjuster it has fit in every vehicle I have tried it in.

I find it easy to install after doing it a couple times. The fabric is really breatheable which is a must here in Tucson.
  • Options
    I have a recaro proride. Just started using it since DD is tiny and still fit in the Britax Bsafe until recently. I'm liking it so far, it's tall but narrow so I actually have more room now in the front passenger seat.
  • Options
    We have 2 britax pavilions and love them, so easy to install and give plenty of room for driver and passenger.
  • Options
    We have Britax Marathon. TRU had the 2013 model on clearance + an extra 20% off when they came out with the 2014's, and that made it a good deal for a great car seat.
  • Options
    we bought the one Costco carries.. alpha something or other.... only (OMG she just came tearing into the living room buck naked after her bath... so cute!) I was saying... only downside (for me) is the back is really high so I cannot see her at all ... but when she is forward facing next year I'm sure it'll be ok hahahaha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Both DH and I have a Chicco Nextfit in our cars and we LOVE them! So well made, very safe, super easy to install and DD likes it too. I love Chicco products very much. We have their travel system too. All great products!
  • Options
    Graco MySize 70. One of the few seats that fits in our tiny car. No complaints, not a headache to install or use.
  • Options
    credcat7 said:
    we bought the one Costco carries.. alpha something or other.... only (OMG she just came tearing into the living room buck naked after her bath... so cute!) I was saying... only downside (for me) is the back is really high so I cannot see her at all ... but when she is forward facing next year I'm sure it'll be ok hahahaha
    This is true of the recaro also, I cannot see her at all in there. But she seems comfy and rarely complains.
  • Options
    Britax Marathon and Graco Mysize.  Britax is easier to install, but both are good.  Looking for a cheaper one for grandparents still.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"