Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NTTGPR: Amanda Knox -Opinions?

Hi all, I'm bored so I'm a'stirrin the pot.

Amanda Knox was just re-convicted for her roommate's murder. Public sentiment was pretty against her in the beginning, but recently is turning in her favor.

So let's have it: your thoughts on the case? Is she guilty? Are you happy or sad it went down this way?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NTTGPR: Amanda Knox -Opinions?

• Options
    Personally I have no opinion but I'm just wondering if they are going to extradite her now or is she just going to stay here.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I think popular sentiment is that the US won't let her leave the country on the grounds that we don't recognize retrials (can't be tried for the same thing twice). However, I think that's legally tenuous since it has nothing to do with US law.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know if she did it or not, but I think the Italian court system would keep trying her over and over until they got a guilty verdict that would stick.  This is her 4th verdict.

The court basically changed it's whole case this time, saying the killings weren't about sex and drugs, but about a dirty house and clogged toilet. Kind of makes you wonder if they actually have a case or have been making it up all along.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Anniversary

• Options
    I haven't followed much of it, but my first impression of the whole ordeal was that she wasn't guilty. It's just too much "this word against that word" and not a lot of concrete evidence. I am sad for her, this has to be terrifying to think she was finally free and could have to go back again.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't followed it closely, but the Italian court system seems like a huge cluster fuck. I am very curious if the US will just have her stay here or not.
  • Options
    I don't think she is guilty. But I think she knows more than she claims. I wonder if we will send her back?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited January 2014
    I personally lean more towards the 'guilty' side, but also think the Italian courts have handled the case like a blindfolded kid swinging at a pinata.

I think the text message the night of the murder, and the 40 injuries tips it for me.  People don't stab someone they don't know 40 times, so the arranged 'burglary' was hokum to me.  Also, her text about 'know any black guys?" that night that was later meticulously deleted from her phone is damning.  Especially since she pointed her finger at a black dude as soon as shit got real.

ETA:  Also her short story fantasy about a similar murder she wrote before:  https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=439135
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I actually read Amanda Knox's book, and she was very convincing in defending her innocence. A lot of the evidence that the Italian authorities presented seemed to be misinterpreted or even fabricated. But, I realize this was coming from Amanda's point of view.

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I don't know a ton about the case, but I lean towards the innocent side.  I know that people can just snap for no reason and that they don't have to have a violent history to become violent, but she had NO history that would indicate a tendency to something like murder her roommate.  Also, the fact that the court overturned the guilty verdict in the first place makes me think that there can't have been that much evidence against her in the first place.  The court wouldn't have let her go-knowing that she would leave the country, and that they would lose face, if they didn't really think that the case against her was weak.  It seems like after they let her leave, public opinion in Italy made them want to try to save face again regardless of what the evidence shows.

• Options
    The 'black guy she pointed the finger at' WAS found guilty, had a history of armed robberies, and is still in prison for the murder.  He admitted to being there during the murder.

Knox was held and questioned for DAYS.  After multiple all-night sessions, she implicated herself.  This has happened multiple times in the US where DNA evidence later proved they were innocent.  People say things under duress and I cannot even imagine the condition she was in when held by a foreign country for days.  Look at the West Memphis 3, for instance.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I agree with everything you said, but these two point are the ones that always stick out to me.

First, the "black guy", Rudy Guede, was found guilty and is serving time. His DNA was found inside her and he confessed. There is really no evidence that more than one person was involved aside from Amanda doing some "strange" things. She was in shock, of course she was doing strange things. For crying out loud, one of the things people point to was that she bought underwear the next day. Her apartment was a crime scene, she had to buy new clothes.

Also, everything you say about the interrogation is true. Add that they were also interrogating her in Italian. She spoke Italian pretty well, but still to be interrogated for days in a language that isn't your first language would lead you to slip up.

I don't know if she did it or not. The more I read about the case, the more I lean towards innocent. Either way, the evidence is extremely circumstantial and there is not enough to legitimately convict her.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"