Breastfeeding
Options

Preparing to register: what extras do I need for my medela?

I'm getting ready to go to babies r us in the next few weeks to register. I have already purchased the Medela FreeStyle hands-free double electric breast pump- luckily insurance covered the entire cost and we were reimbursed.

So we're planning for me to become a SAHM. I am wondering what else you would recommend I register for as extras to go with this pump? Since I'll be home with the baby, I'm assuming that I'll just be able to directly breastfeed more and not pump as much, but this is our first so I'm not sure of anything at this point.

Any pointers?

Re: Preparing to register: what extras do I need for my medela?

• Options
    I'd register for a hands-free bra to go along with the pump, but agreed with PP, I haven't really needed anything "extra" besides what it came with, particularly if you'll only be using it sporadically.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same pump. I recommend a hands free bra IF you think you may use the pump on a semi-regular basis. (The hands free kit that comes with the freestyle is useless. ) Also, at least one set of spare parts so you have a little more freedom in washing. Related things- have you bought about registering for milk freezer bags? Gel packs for initial days of nursing? Those get pricey if you like them, although someone suggested cutting them into 4 squares as they are bigger than the area you need. I liked breast shells (not sheilds) better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get extra pump membranes! They wear out and it's easier to get them now than to have to run for them when you desperately need them.

With my first, I pumped a lot. The pumping bras are okay, but as a cheaper alternative, you can buy a couple front close sports bras and cut a slit in the appropriate places. That works just as well.

It's nice to have a spare set if parts... if your hospital uses Medela pumps, you may get a set from them.

Lanolin if you're nursing, too, and nursing pads.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"