October 2014 Moms
Options

Still haven't told DH

Has anyone been able to keep their pregnancy a secret. I found out on Saturday and havent't told DH yet. I'm trying to told out until vday I have something special planned but we'll see if u can hold out that long

Re: Still haven't told DH

• Options
    I wouldn't be able to keep it from DH for long. I had a very faint positive on Saturday and it was hard for me to wait until Sunday when I got a little bit darker line. Plus, we like to have a glass of wine at night - so I wouldn't be able to deny a glass of wine for too many days in a row before he would think something was up. 
  • Options
    Good luck! I can barely hold on to presents till the occasion let alone a giant secret like that!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I couldn't wait! Found out Monday and we've already told our extendes family...which added up to about 30 people lol oops!!
  • Options
    I couldn't wait either .... I waited until he got home from work to tell him in person and that was hard enough!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @emily_sharp : minus the pre-chosen gift, this was pretty much me! I got the BFP and in my head I'm like "don't tell DH!" ..came out of the bathroom like a lunatic and their was no hiding it lol
  • Options
    femailfemail member
    edited January 2014
    I waited until my husband was home from work. I couldn't wait any longer. I was sitting at the counter with a (non alcoholic) glass of wine with a little gift wrapped. Inside was a tiny onsie, the tests and the little DD bracelet that comes with the wine lol. He knew I had gone to the dr for blood work, so he questioned the wine immediately. :)

We plan on telling our parents this weekend. We're going to a fish fry with my parents Friday & his mom is coming over Saturday. I designed an announcement to give out. I'll send the rest out to friends and extended family when I'm "out of the woods" and have finished telling siblings (I'll do that as I see them).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took the test, walked out of the bathroom and then made him look. I was afraid to see another BFN. So he knew a minute before I did. I can't keep those kinds of secrets!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I did not tell him I was taking the test but as soon as I got thr BFP I came out and told him that was the most exciting pee of my life with the stick in my hand. He looked at me all sorts of crazy since I had just went off the pill in Dec. There was no way I could sit on that info. And then I called my mom!
  • Options
    You'll have been pregnant for several weeks before you tell your husband? That seems very odd to me, sorry.

I barely managed to wait until he was home from work to avoid telling him via text/phone.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I couldn't wait more than about 3 minutes before I picked up the phone and called him. He was at the airport on his way to a business trip, I just knew I had to tell him vs. waiting all week while he was away.
    Started TTC August 2012. BFP 10/17/12...natural MC on 10/23/12, Missing our little bean every day!  11/13-started seeking help at fertility clinic. Me: 29 (ovulation/menstrual irregularities, HSG clear), DH: 31 (1% morphology, rest is normal) 
     SHOCKING BFP during cycle prior to IUI #1 on 1-26-14. Beta 1: 39.1, Beta 2: 100, Beta 3: 234.5!!! keep growing little one! EDD 10/7/14BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Call me odd all you want I want to do something different this time than I did w my first which was tell him right away. I don't think there's anything wrong w me wanting to surprise him on a special occasion. I probably can't hold out until Valentine's Day and I had low hcg levels Monday so before I say anything to him I want to confirm that everything is ok...
  • Options
    I couldn't wait but my DH also asks me to take a test all the freaking time when we are in TTC mode, so it would be impossible to hide anyway. I think telling him on valentines day is sweet! I just couldn't keep it a secret that long.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea but are you sure your husband won't be upset you kept this from him? I know it would bug my DH if I told him weeks later.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I don't think its weird to want to do something memorable to break the news to him.  I knew about a week before I took the HPT which confirmed it on Sunday 1/26 and I waited until his bday on 1/29 to tell him.  It just about killed me to keep it a secret but he was over the moon and didn't stop smiling all day. 

DS #1  1/10/2004

DS #2  2/1/2006

EDD #3  10/5/2014

BabyFruit Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ummmm.... So you are waiting to find out everything is okay before you tell your DH?!? What if everything is not okay? Are you just not going to tell him and have to go through that by yourself? Or are you going to be like soo I have been hiding this from you but I found out I was pregnant weeks ago and then found out there is something wrong. I don't see that going over well even if everything is okay and if, god forbid, everything is not okay don't you want your DH support. I am sorry but I find this beyond odd. 
     image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"