June 2014 Moms
Options

another mistake

Re: another mistake

• Options
    LadyMacaronLadyMacaron member
    edited January 2014
    First of all...No one owns a name. It's ridiculous to be upset over a name that other millions of people have used. You aren't that unique. Variations of Bryn, and names ending in lee/leigh are very popular. So silly that there are 3 people immature enough to fight over this. 

If you love it that much, no, I wouldn't change the name. I guarantee you that in life you will meet others named Brynlee, and it's not a big deal. 

If you are still on the fence, and want an honest opinion on the actual name, go post on the baby name board. They will be very honest with you.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options

Lesson learned...don't share name ideas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm. How close is your SO to his e's daughter? Do they maintain a relationship?
  • Options
    You declared it on Facebook? So now no one else can ever use that name?

• Options
    i didn't say i owned the name. I simply stated that i was venting and if i should change it. Am i a little upset today yes, but of all places i didnt think here i would be called names.
  • Options
    Yep, can't claim a name. This Brinley, Kinley, Kinsley, Tinley phenomenon is the new Braiden, Aiden, Jaiden.

At the end of the day it only matters if you like the name enough to still use it. Your daughter will obviously meet a lot of other Brinleys - all spelled differently to make this "unique" name more creative. After they are all born no one is really going to care/notice of "who used the name first" it won't matter.

Bottom line - if you still love it, use it. If this is going to bother you find another name but know that there is a good chance someone will use that name too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My SIL used my favorite girl name on her last daughter a few years ago. I was annoyed since she knew the name is a family name on my side but really in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. I got over it pretty quickly after I realized how silly the whole thing was. If you must have the name keep it but it wouldn't be worth the headache to me and I'd find a different name.
  • Options

My daughter's name is Catherine.  My Dad's cousin, who I tend to see once a year at my home town's Memorial Day parade, has a little girl named Catherine.  This baby will be a Charlie.  I'm pretty sure the same cousin has a son named Charlie as well..oops!  We have similar taste in names, I'm not going to get upset about it, I doubt they will.  I say name whatever you want and yaboo sucks to the rest of them. 

That said, you seem a little overly upset about this.  Have a cup of tea or glass of wine, sleep on it a few nights, I promise it won't be so bad later.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    That's fine... I'll leave !!
  • Options
    snowpants said:

You declared it on Facebook? So now no one else can ever use that name?
    Those are totes the rules!  So listen up ladies, no one else can ever even think about using Brynlee!!!  (Thank goodness.  Honestly, the OP is doing a public service here.)

I should have known. Facebook makes everything legit.
  • Options
    To add I understand being upset, I have been upset over a sibling using a obscure name even though I never told them I likes the name. It was completely random. It sucks.

But at end of the day, you either decide you like it enough to use it or move on and find a new name. There is no use in being long term upset over it. It's a common thing and there are worse things than having the same name as someone - it won't impact your daughters life.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That was fast. No one said you should leave. You're mad because no one thought that you were justified in claiming a name and then rushing to put it on fb so your friend would be the "copy cat"?
  • Options
    If you love the name, go with it. No biggie. And you sure are going a little overboard on the freak out. No one hear has called you a name or been rude. Just told you straight up something you probably didn't want to hear.
    TTC since July 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS January 2011 BFP July 13, 2011!!! Born March 12, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't even know why I wasted my time. Should've spent that time looking for a funny GIF. Lesson learned.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

That's fine... I'll leave !!

Dramatic much? You asked for opinions, and you got them. Also, who called you a name? Because I didn't see it posted on here, are you sure you're not arguing with yourself and blaming these wonderful, helpful ladies? Just wondering...
  • Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does QFP mean?
  • Options
    hscoggins said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does QFP mean?

Quoting for Posterity
  • Options
    momof5sept18momof5sept18 member
    edited January 2014
    Dang phone double posted, sorry!
  • Options
    So what I'm gathering is we should be claiming names and dates to have our babies. No sharing, guise!
  • Options
    @MNOpea is that all boy or girl.names.that start with"P" because I called dibs on girl "p" names weeks ago. :-D
  • Options
    @kjensen1975 .. Well.. I didn't see that post and I think this is the official "dibs" post, plus I don't even know if I'm having a boy or a girl yet (my A/S is Thursday) so CLEARLY I should be able to call ALL the names..ever.. ;)

Also just out of curiosity what is you girl "p" name? :) (With total admittance that if I like it, I may add it to my list..)
  • Options
    Charles Henry is mine!!  And Catherine Simone I already have, so, yeah, none of that either.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    lolz

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    @MNOpea after this thread, I'm mot telling. Kidding actually just.found out we're having a boy. Dont worry, the only"p" forme will be in a diaper! LOL.
  • Options
    We're actually looking at Declan Carl. You all wanna.share the name, what ever. It's a name, it's not the child itself. Also, it's not loke a.few.years ago when EVERY girl was mamed Jennifer and all boys Michael...2 girls with the same name...big whoop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"