Special Needs

Joining the ranks...first EEG in a few hours

DS2 started slamming his head into the floor 2 weeks ago.  Literally, he woke up one day and started getting on all fours and just banging his head into the floor as hard as possible.

He's working on 2 molars, but these are numbers 3 and 4 and he's never done it with his other teeth.  He is a HORRIBLE teether, he has super thick gums.  

And now he's started throwing up a bit.  We called the neuro and he wants and EEG and MRI.  So today goes the EEG.  Thankfully, it's at naptime, only 20 minutes long and he can be awake.  the headslamming is all day long so it's not like we'll miss an episode.

he is hitting his head so hard now that he has a bruised and swollen forehead.  He's got black and blue eyebrows.  it's awful.  and scary.
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Joining the ranks...first EEG in a few hours

• McRib said:
    good luck ! we survived a 20 minute and a 20 hour. have you tried anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen to see if the behavior stops? My son rubs his head into things when it hurts.
    we've tried teething gel, teething tabs, ibuprofen, and acetemenophen.  NOTHING has helped.  We cut out dairy.  We went back to his original formula.  I put him back on baby food, just fruits, veggies and some plain grains.  We added in the detox baths. 
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • McRib said:
    sounds like you are doing the right things. I send you a PM. good luck!
    got your PM.  My kids have a genetic mutation on their x chromosome.  Causes intellectual disability, microcephaly, hypertonia, seizures, vision loss, hearing loss and some other stuff. DS1 has already had 1 seizure.  The doctor is a bit worried about hydrocephalus.  it's just strange how is LITERALLY started one day.  He never did it before.  He's never had sensory seeking behaviour before.  And then all of a sudden one day he rolls over, gets on all fours and starts slamming his head and it has just gotten more frequent and intense as time goes on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope it went well and provided some good info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope it went well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"