Nurseries and Baby Gear

Stokke Strollers and Car Seats

Hi Everyone,

I will be having an early baby registry for my big family to start planning what would each person get me as I want these things ready before baby such as; crib, car seat, stroller.

I was considering the Bugaboo Bee Stroller with the Maxi car seat but my husband saw a family with the Stokke stroller yesterday and an attached carrycot (pram style) and he fell in love with it, since he isn't really in on the loop of all the equipment and I will be choosing many of the other items (he has 0 knowledge for everything baby related and is starting to learn all that comes with the package now) I thought I'd honor his request and ask for a Stokke stroller with a matching carry cot and car seat.

I just don't know how good, expensive, light they are and would not know which of the available Stokke models to go for. Any feedback and reviews would be much appreciated.

(currently at window shopping stage)
imageimage
God Bless You my Little One
Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
Farida, at 8 weeks

Re: Stokke Strollers and Car Seats

• Would strongly reccomend checking out the strollers in person at thw store and I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube (Baby Gizmo). I watched a lot of the reviews & initally liked a stroller that was a crazy fold design, and 25 pounds but then realized when we went in store that the 15 to 18 pound strollers were my upper limit. Went with Baby Jogger City Mini and later their City Mini GT for neighborhood walks (front wheel better on uneven concrete bumps that we have around us), but are mostly using second hand snap n go or a baby carrier for errands & shoppping trips. Still have stroller envy for some of the Valco models (but love the rubber grip on my Baby Jogger's)

Registry wise, a lot of the time people will get you what they want & within their budget so wouldn't get heart set on everyone buying the big ticket items for you. I think people who put those items on their registries end up purchasing the items they really want themselves (but with the registry completion discount). My parents bought our crib & mattress however that was the only big ticket item that DH and I did not purchase ourselves. Toys, books, blankets, noise machines, picture frames, towels, cute outfits, etc were what tended to be gifts.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm guessing he saw the Stokke Xplory which IMO, is not great and VERY expensive ($900-$1100 for the stroller, $200-$300 for the bassinet, $80 for the car seat attachment). Go check it out in a store first (if you have a Buy Buy Baby near you, that's probably the best place to go) and watch YouTube reviews (I second BabyGizmo). There are lots of strollers that have bassinet options, so look at all of your options. The UppaBaby Vista, Baby Jogger City Versa, Britax B-Ready, and Bugaboo Chameleon are all very nice full-featured strollers with bassinets available (Ina range of prices). We just went through this same process for our 2nd child and went with the Baby Jogger City Versa, although I also really liked the UppaBaby Vista.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a part of a stroller group made up of ladies who have tried literally every stroller out there and I will tell you that the Stokke is not well liked.  The Bee is great but there are other strollers out there like the Cameleon, Uppababy Vista, etc that have a bassinet.  The Bee does have a newborn coccoon which is nice though and the stroller itself is great for urban living. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • The Stokke stroller is gorgeous but useless...and super expensive for not having a lot to offer. Bugaboo Bee is nice, but is not a full size stroller. For full size, we have a Bugaboo Cameleon ($950-1050) which I absolutely love. It comes with the bassinet set up as well for an infant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi everyone,

thank you so much for all this feedback I'm going to check all those other strollers you mentioned online now.

the stroller my husband liked was the Travel System Stokke Xplory Stroller (3 wheels) I saw it in mother care here yesterday and my jaw dropped at the price tag!!!! it was about 1400 USD just for the stroller. Things are over priced here so if something is very expensive to begin with it doubles in Doha.

the Crusi was at around 796 USD I was shocked at the price difference between the two.

My husband loved the bassinet but mostly the 3 wheels on the other stroller but when I told him how much it cost we decided against it; we won't ask anyone for it nor will we buy it ourselves!

no body would get us the stroller if it is that expensive. my parents decided they want to get the crib, dresser, little book case, and little wardrobe. Everything but the crib is IKEA so the only big ticket item of these is the Crib.

and to my family normally when someone in the family has a baby; they get them the strollers, etc, even if a little expensive, sometimes more than one share and get things together. I think I will keep clothes and toys off the list and just have actual equipment so that people can either share and get us big ticket items (like uncle+aunt) or get something on their own if it's a smaller item (baby monitor etc) how does that sound?

imageimage
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • The Stokke stroller is gorgeous but useless...and super expensive for not having a lot to offer. Bugaboo Bee is nice, but is not a full size stroller. For full size, we have a Bugaboo Cameleon ($950-1050) which I absolutely love. It comes with the bassinet set up as well for an infant.
    so the bassinet is included in the package? you don't buy it and pay for it separately? its included in the 979 USD price tag?
    imageimage
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • NADA-H said:
    The Stokke stroller is gorgeous but useless...and super expensive for not having a lot to offer. Bugaboo Bee is nice, but is not a full size stroller. For full size, we have a Bugaboo Cameleon ($950-1050) which I absolutely love. It comes with the bassinet set up as well for an infant.
    so the bassinet is included in the package? you don't buy it and pay for it separately? its included in the 979 USD price tag?
    Bugaboo sells the Chameleon in a somewhat weird way... Yes, the package comes with the bassinet (I actually found it on Amazon for $889), but you have to buy the sun canopy for the stroller seat and the foot/body covering for the bassinet separately, and that's another $200-$250.  If you want a great stroller, with an all-inclusive package that comes with literally EVERYTHING you could need, look at the UppaBaby Vista.  It's $729 and comes with the bassinet, all of the fabrics you need, a rain cover, and bug netting.  The UppaBaby also has the ability to add a rumble seat and/or glider board for a 2nd child (IMHO, it's a better stroller than the Bugaboo anyway).  Personally, the only reason we went with the Baby Jogger City Versa over the UppaBaby Vista is because we're already on our 2nd (and last) child, so we didn't want to spend over $600 for a stroller that we would only use for another 3 years (our City Versa came in around $450, including the bassinet, and it's a great stroller as well).  Two other options to consider are the Britax B-Ready and the Baby Jogger City Select, both of which convert to true double strollers (both have bassinet options, but they are sold separately).

Keep in mind that none of the strollers discussed above are "lightweight" or compact strollers.  They're generally in the range of 26 lbs and are not particularly compact.  You should take some time to think about your lifestyle and how much driving vs. walking you will do with the stroller.  If you live in a suburban area where you would constantly be loading a stroller in and out of a car to drive somewhere, you might want to consider something lighter with a super-easy fold like the Bugaboo Bee, UppaBaby Cruz, or Baby Jogger City Mini.  If you're a city dweller and most of your "out and about" time consists of walking places, then one of the full-featured "luxury" strollers discussed above is probably the way to go.  Bassinets are definitely a nice thing to have, but you only use them for a couple of months, and an infant car seat with a car seat adapter for the stroller can do the same job as a bassinet (that's what we did with DS1, when we didn't have space for a bigger stroller).

Sorry for the novel here... I just recently did a ton of research on strollers and tested out practically every model under the sun!  :-)
  • I will have to go see if we have the UppaBaby here in Doha

the Bugaboo strollers are available and the Stokke ones not sure about the other brands.

I need to go baby shopping I've kept myself from doing that so far and it's eating me up
    imageimage
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"