Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chandelier questions!

For those of you who have a chandelier in your nursery:  

Where did you buy it? 
If you hardwired it, was it difficult to install? 
And is it bright enough?

I've been eyeballing the Bella chandelier at PBK...but I've also seen some on Amazon that I like too.
Any tips, pics, or recommendations are appreciated!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Chandelier questions!

• We have the Mia one.  My dad hardwired it for us.  (He's a former builder/engineer)  He also hooked it to a dimmer switch.  Definitely put whatever light you choose on a dimmer!  It puts out tons of light when on all the way.  And just beautiful.  We love it.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/mia-chandelier/?pkey=bchandeliers&

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We have one from Ikea.  It was around 40 dollars.  I love the PBK ones, but they were way too expensive for us.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We got one as a nice gift from the grandparents from Restoration Hardware. It was not too difficult to install and was definitely bright enough, but make sure you look at what the light output you will have with any particular one.
  • We don't have a chandelier in baby's room, but I wanted to chime in as we have a 1916 house and are always sourcing items for it. eBay and Myhabit.com are GREAT places to find beautiful chandeliers. There are vintage, antique and new ones and are just unique and cool.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • we have the ikea one. It is not on a dimmer. We have a nightstand with a side lamp for when I want/need the nursery darker.

My husband is an electrical engineer and installed it. I think the biggest pain for him was shortening the length of it to get it closer to the ceiling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"