TTC After a Loss
Options

Can't believe I'm doing this

I was sure that I was pg this month but I'm not... C'est la vie. I'm working through it. However, my sisters wedding (I'm the MOH) is oct 25 and it would've been perfect timing. Meaning if I do happen to get PG this upcoming cycle... I'd be due ON her wedding. She was devastated when I even mentioned the idea.

.... Looks like we are skipping TTC this month ;( can't believe I'm putting off something we have wanted and waited so long for but my family is small and close and I know I can't imagine missing her wedding either ;(

Ill work on my health the next month-- my husband and I are doing t25- so after the first 5 weeks we will start trying. Guess that's a good way to look at it.

Le sigh.... ;(

Re: Can't believe I'm doing this

• Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    edited January 2014
    Ummm...

You do realize if you woulda been ktfu this past cycle, you really only would've been due approx 2-4wks prior to the wedding, right? And if you try the next cycle (after skipping this one where the edd is the wedding date) you could still have an early delivery and still be close to the wedding. Just sayin' ...... /:)

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    b-(
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know-- I keep looking at the calendar my Edd would be 4-5 weeks after the wedding (I have long cycles).

Ugh I'm so annoyed that I'm even thinking this way .

I wish getting and staying PG was easy and enjoyable for us all :(
  • Options
    KMW08 said:
    Ummm... You do realize if you woulda been ktfu this past cycle, you really only would've been due approx 2-4wks prior to the wedding, right? And if you try the next cycle (after skipping this one where the edd is the wedding date) you could still have an early delivery and still be close to the wedding. Just sayin' ...... /:)
    @KMW08 How DARE you trust that people would actually use their brains! I can't believe you set the bar so high where no one can reach your high expectations! I'm ashamed of you!

And I also love you. 
    :x
  • Options
    But that's not true--- my next cycle is due to start feb 21 ... They're 37 days long... I'd be due nov 21ish or after...
  • Options
    Actually it comes up as 12/1...
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    edited January 2014
    So, let me get this straight. You are in disbelief  :-O that you are voluntarily putting off TTC for one cycle?  ~X( You get no sympathy from me. 

@snegde - I guess my nice streak is over. 
  • Options
    Oy veh. Wasn't asking for sympathy. Just venting where I'm at.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I'm not sure what you expected from your post then. If you didn't want sympathy, then why did you post? We have a daily TP thread (for venting) and crazy train thread (for cycle questions and frustrations).

You should be aware of your audience. Many ladies here are benched for many months for either medical reasons or for emotional reasons. So, seeing that you are putting off TTC for 1 month so your EDD doesn't fall during wedding time is eye-roll-inducing. We all need to vent from time to time. Maybe get a blog?
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Thanks. I understand I just thought it was a vent-. I HAVE been benched for months. But just started trying again. I do know the audience here and I would just delete this post and move on but I know that doesn't go over well here either. Oh well...

Have a good night ladies .
  • Options
    FWIW- I am the MOH for my sisters wedding in September, and DH is the BM. My O date last cycle put my EDD directly on her wedding day. So we avoided. We are doing the same this cycle just to be on the safe side.

Big picture- it's two cycles out of many that we have been TTC and likely many more. Not a big deal at all. I never even bothered to mention this to my sister, it was a choice MH and I made because it is important to us to be there for her and her fiancé that day, and ultimately it is our choice to make not hers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Anniversary

TTC Since 04/01/13 

BFP #1 04/28/13 Its twins! EDD 01/08/2014 MMC confirmed 06/27/13 D&C 07/17/13

BFP#2 05/19/14 EDD 01/30/2015 Please be our rainbow!

My Ovulation Chart

*~*~* All AL Welcome*~*~*

• Options

I wouldn't TTA because of the timing. Like others said, you never know what could happen with a baby coming early or late, so it's not really worth it to avoid, IMO.

That said, you're choosing to TTA, so I'm not sure why you're venting about it. 

I feel like I recommend this all the time, but if you want to vent without others commenting, a blog can be a good place to do it.  

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options

Start a blog. This is the perfect type of post for it! Benching yourself for 2 cycles is nothing in the grand scheme of TTC, especially here. Be mad about it all you want but ultimately it's your choice. I recently made the choice to TTA because of a vacation. If I were to have gotten KU and been due around vacation time I would have been banned from traveling and wasted a lot of my MILs money. It would have been dangerous for me and LO to fly and to be away from our doctor. So we TTA just in case. It sucked but it was my grown up choice not to potentially ruin a family vacation for everyone.

There are always going to be life events that could interfere. You need to be mindful of your audience here, some have had to TTA for months on end and even years for various reasons. 1 or 2 cycles is nothing to cry about. Unless its in your blog.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    I'm sorry this wasn't your month. And, I think you're wise to tta if you think it's best. I don't mind your vent at all. Frankly I think this is exactly the kind of frustration that is appropriate to share with other ladies that are ttcal.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

Thanks. I understand I just thought it was a vent-. I HAVE been benched for months. But just started trying again. I do know the audience here and I would just delete this post and move on but I know that doesn't go over well here either. Oh well... Have a good night ladies .
    You've been on the bench for like 3 cycles right? Some of us have been on that bench for just about a year or even longer.
  • Options

Thanks. I understand I just thought it was a vent-. I HAVE been benched for months. But just started trying again. I do know the audience here and I would just delete this post and move on but I know that doesn't go over well here either. Oh well... Have a good night ladies .
    You've been on the bench for like 3 cycles right? Some of us have been on that bench for just about a year or even longer.
    Comparing yourself to others is not helpful at all.  You have a right to how you feel no matter if you are benched 1 cycle or 100, the feelings are the same.
    Actually no they are not.

I've been on TTCAL about 18 months. In those 18 months I've been benched for 15 of them to get testing, have surgery and then have more surgery and more testing. So no, when you really start comparing our situations they are completely different. 3 cycles on the bench to regulate your cycle and get your hormones in check and give your body a general break is entirely different from my situation.

As a result and because i'm not the only one in this endless cycle of testing and surgery and healing from said procedures it's pretty effing annoying to read posts like yours where you complain about voluntarily putting off trying again because of some wedding. In the last 2 months you've posted twice about having to wait. Both times you were told that 3 cycles was nothing.

• Options
    I'm standing in my best friend's wedding in September and she actually Told me to KEEP TTC. She knows our situation and how much we want a family. I dont think you should TTA bc you never know what could happen. Also complaining about your own decision to TTA is not the best here since there are lots who don't get that choice.
    Me: 27, DH:33 Married Sept. 18,2010image 
    BFP Oct. 15, 2013 , EDD June 22, 2014 (Two days before DH's birthday).  
    HB found @ 6wks, NMC @ 8wks LO stopped developing.
    Currently TTC

• Options
    Hard decision.  Me personally I'd just keep TTC but if you feel it is best then wait one month.  I understand the frustration. Don't let your sister dictate what you do but obviously I know her wedding is important to you.  

I'm new here and would just ignore the silly advice to write a blog. Your post was appropriate and welcome.

@wife07mom09, it's not silly advice. It's helpful. I've had my blog for just about a year now to vent my frustrations about TTC, and it's been especially helpful since my loss 7 months ago. I post random things over there that I don't necessarily want responses for, but want to get off my chest. It's been really helpful.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    Hard decision.  Me personally I'd just keep TTC but if you feel it is best then wait one month.  I understand the frustration. Don't let your sister dictate what you do but obviously I know her wedding is important to you.  

I'm new here and would just ignore the silly advice to write a blog. Your post was appropriate and welcome.

Um, excuse me, it's pretty rude to label someone's heartfelt and thoughtful advice about how helpful a blog can be as 'silly'.  No one here is being silly, please don't attempt to diminish anyone here as such.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    gscoville said:

Um, excuse me, it's pretty rude to label someone's heartfelt and thoughtful advice about how helpful a blog can be as 'silly'.  No one here is being silly, please don't attempt to diminish anyone here as such.
    She doesn't seem to care about how rude she is. She's not here to make friends. Just white knight and call people's advice silly. Rude doesn't even cover it.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited January 2014
    I've waited 10 years to try to TTC again.  So....whatever.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"