June 2014 Moms
Options

Is there something we can do for SchoolPsychSteph

I haven't been on this board for very long but I do know you are a great group of girls. And I do know what it feels like to lose a baby (we lost our last pregnancy at 18w). It was/is one of the worst experiences for me. I'm sure other mom's who've been in a similar situation would agree.

I don't know if it's a collection to get her something to remember her angel or just sending a bunch of cards or what, but I didn't know if that's something we could all do.
DS 1 Alex born May 28, 2007 7lbs 14oz
DS 2 Aiden born November 29, 2011 9lbs 1 oz
DS 3 Lucas b/d February 26, 2013 at 18w6d Forever our angel
DS #4 due June 13, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is there something we can do for SchoolPsychSteph

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jshrop said:

I'm in for whatever. Let us know

Me too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would also be interested. My heart is breaking for her -- I just can't even imagine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in for whatever anyone decides. Let me know what I can do.

"And all the house elves came to help, and THAT was the day Voldemort was defeated!"

Zoe Johannah, born 6/3/2014 

• Options
    I'm also in to participate in whatever is agreed upon!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Me too
  • Options
    I'm in.

• Options

JuneMom3 said:
    I'm in, but I would like to just remind everyone that whatever is decided needs to keep Steph's wishes in mind.  I have reached out to her but don't expect a response.  If anyone is friends with her maybe on FB and could ask her what she would be comfortable with, I think that is best.  Otherwise an hour of silence is a great idea.
    Totally agree. I was thinking even just sending cards/gift cards for places that are by her that she can order food from/get food from. I just remember being numb and not being able to take care of my kids or myself so the food gift cards were a blessing.

If anyone is friends with her, please let me know. I definitely don't want to overstep my bounds.
    DS 1 Alex born May 28, 2007 7lbs 14oz
    DS 2 Aiden born November 29, 2011 9lbs 1 oz
    DS 3 Lucas b/d February 26, 2013 at 18w6d Forever our angel
    DS #4 due June 13, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • Options
    Is there a way to "freeze" the board by the mods? Otherwise I think an announcement at the top would do, as well as not acknowledging any posts made. I am down for whatever the board decides to do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also in...
  • Options
    I'm in. And agree with PPs about not acknowledging those who don't honor the moment of silence.
  • Options
    I'm in for whatever. I really wish we could send her a bunch of cards but I completely understand if she wants to remain anonymous.
    Otherwise, I really like the hour of silence.
  • Options
    Im also in for whatever
  • Options
    MommyP710 said:
    Is there a way to "freeze" the board by the mods? Otherwise I think an announcement at the top would do, as well as not acknowledging any posts made. I am down for whatever the board decides to do.

We can pin an announcement, but not freeze comments board wide.
  • Options
    If you have another board that you are active on (or that you know Steph was active on), you can suggest other members join the hour…when I participated in one several years ago, a bumpie suddenly lost her toddler, and it was quite widespread across the whole community.  Obviously people are suffering devastating losses of all kinds in this community and we need to be sensitive to that, but if there are others who are active on a board with Steph, maybe it would not be inappropriate to give the heads up.  That would need to be someone else's call, though.  I would not know where that would be, because I stick to my BMB and the multiples board.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I'm in for the hour of silence. My only question is if you pin an announcement will I see it on mobile?? Or will it be a thread?
  • Options
    Count me in. Just so devastating for her :( my heart hurts
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in. The hour of silence sounds wonderful.
  • Options
    I'm in

• Options
    So glad to see this; I'm definitely in with whatever in decided!

• Options
    I'm in too!

• Options
    I'm in! I like the hour of silence idea for her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I'm in also. I think the hour of silence is a great idea.
    Me-27 DH-30
    TTC since 7/2010 with PCOS
    MMC 6/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP 10/13!

Little A was born at 36 weeks on 5/23/14!

• Options
    Good idea! I'm in, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    hubbs173 said:

I'm in for the hour of silence. My only question is if you pin an announcement will I see it on mobile?? Or will it be a thread?

It will look similar to the newbie welcome post.
  • Options
    Absolutely in for hour of silence.
  • Options
    I'm in for whatever everyone decides. Did she or someone post something for her. My heart breaks for her. So so sad. I didn't see what happened. Has anyone heard from SNLT I haven't seen her on her and I wasnt sure if I missed a post from her.
  • Options
    @Cherylwang Check the Friday appointment thread from last week. I'm on mobile, or I would link for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LilNunz1 said:

hubbs173 said:

It will look similar to the newbie welcome post.

Ok thank you!
  • Options
    I'm in for an hour of silence, for her and anyone else who had a loss recently.  I agree with making a sticky for it, maybe saying the date and time in the title of the sticky.

<3

• Options
    I'm mostly a lurker here, and don't post as often as most of you. But seeing the same names and reading about the pregnancies of the same group of women for this many weeks makes it increasingly more heartrending when something like this happens. Even if I don't post much, I feel like I know many of you. So whatever you guys decide to do, there are definitely people who you don't think of as the "core" of this forum who will want to participate... so I vote for badges or something to make sure we're all aware. Even semi-lurkers like me.

Karen + Tim  8/17/13
    BLUE baby on the way 6/17/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"