Pre-School and Daycare

Disney Q- fun things to bring or have handy?

Someone recommended getting my LOs autograph books for the princesses/characters which I thought was cute. Also bringing DD's cinderella dress to wear to the bfast w/ princesses. The trip is a surprise so it can't be anything they have to know about/do ahead of time...

Ideas for fun stuff (I don't mean practical things, like a stroller, etc, but fun little doodads that you wouldn't think of if you haven't been there w/ kids)???

Re: Disney Q- fun things to bring or have handy?

• We haven't been, but are going in May.  I was researching on line, and saw somewhere that people recommend getting those glow necklaces/bracelets at a party store before you go.  Then if you go to fireworks or a night parade, you bring those out for far cheaper than they are selling them at the park.  I will be watching for others answers too!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • laura1 said:
    We haven't been, but are going in May.  I was researching on line, and saw somewhere that people recommend getting those glow necklaces/bracelets at a party store before you go.  Then if you go to fireworks or a night parade, you bring those out for far cheaper than they are selling them at the park.  I will be watching for others answers too!
    genious idea! we are going in June and i will be stocking up on this. Also, I heard of people checking out the disney store (clearance is bonus time) and getting a few things to bring along that would likely cost more at the park. Just like small stuff that you can save a few bucks on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Glow in the dark toys for the electric parade if you want to stay that late.  They sell them there but they are expensive.

Since you are going in June, it is going to be hot.  Freezeable water bottles.  We used to freeze water bottles and put them in our bag for later that way we didn't spend a ton on water at the park.  Sun block, comfortable shoes, light clothing, a change of clothes if your kids hate wet clothes - a few parks have places to get wet (DD always got soaked at the play area in Animal Kingdom when they had the water running) and one of the parks was supposed to be building a little water park inside the park (I don't remember which and I am not sure when it was supposed to be finished, we moved away a couple years ago).  A lot of people carry around those water bottle fans, which would have been nice.

You could also buy a Disney doll before they go.  DD always carried around her mini Minnie at the parks.

Have fun!
  • The dollar store has lots of cheap Disney art supplies, coloring books, and trinkets for travel.  We found a sofia glow in the dark necklace that was a hit.  
  • groovygrlgroovygrl member
    edited January 2014
    fredalina said:
    We just got home. I actually thought the toys were fairly reasonably priced. Of course other stuff wasn't, but toys she could buy anywhere.
    How'd it go? Did you just go to MK? How was it w/ lines, etc? Did she have a good time?(oh & you too. ha. ;))
  • Thanks! Good to know...we're debating HS now instead of Sea World, which was our original plan until all hte bad publicity about their animal treatment... plus DS loves cars & all that and I think would like the star wars stuff...
    BUT I didn't book much ahead except a princess bfast and now it is all booked and I'm wondering how long we're going to have to wait to eat and things like that :(. I should have been better about doing research maybe but hopefully winging it will work out ok!!!
  • Thanks! I've been messing around w/ my FP stuff today and am already beyond frustrated and starting to dread this trip. We are staying on property so I can book things now but tried for Belle's storytime and there were 3 times available fo rthe day I was looking at, all at 3pm or later. and we have a 515 dinner that night. ARGHHHHHHH....Then I don't even understand how it works, it keeps adding the buzz lightyaer & under the sea rides even though I didn't request them.  I don't even want to touch on the character meeting coordination.... I think we might tell the kids you just get to meet them if you happen to run into them. I really don't want to spend my days running around to meet a million characters and not getting to see parades or ride rides... Good point on the characters at HS. I wanted to get into a character lunch there but was behind the 8 ball, though i'm going to go on the site regularly to see if something opens up.  Just making dinner reservations for 4 days made me want to cry, can you tell that I am not enjoying this?
  • We bought the ears and had them personalized ahead of time so the kids had them when we got to the park and we didn't have to waste time waiting for them to be personalized. Also, not sure if this will be your kids' first visit, but the resorts had all sorts of buttons (My first visit, my birthday, etc.). DD got lots of stickers and special treatment from cast members for wearing her 1st visit pin.
    imageimage
  • groovygrlgroovygrl member
    edited January 2014
    LSU628 said:
    We bought the ears and had them personalized ahead of time so the kids had them when we got to the park and we didn't have to waste time waiting for them to be personalize,. Also, not sure if this will be your kids' first visit, but the resorts had all sorts of buttons (My first visit, my birthday, etc.). DD got lots of stickers and special treatment from cast members for wearing her 1st visit pin.

Good one. I don't have enough time  to order hats I don't think, though I wonder if you could order them from there & have them ready to pick up at the hotel or something, althougH I am not sure how I feel about having their name on their hat:(. They mentioned that pin, I was wondering what the deal was- I'll def have the kids wear them!!!!
  • Do you have a Disney store near by? Wonder if they could do them? If not, I'm positive you could have them ready and waiting for you at the hotel. Disney is top notch in customer service. They would probably even put them in your room.
    imageimage
  • Disneygeek77Disneygeek77 member
    edited January 2014
    Here are some fun tips for the kids.

1.  The Gem trick.  In MK, there is a show called Mickey's Philharmagic.  This is a 3D show and in one of the scenes Ariel throws a bunch of gemstones at the audience.  As you can imagine, since it is in 3D, it feels like you can reach out and grab them.  So I got a few faux gemstones at Michael's that matched that movie and during that scene DH and I got the gems out of our pockets and told DD that we caught Ariel's gemstones.  She was amazed and still talks about her " Ariel Jewelry " that mommy and daddy caught over a year later.  

2. The golfball trick- If your child is big enough to ride Soarin' in Epcot, there is a scene where a man hits a golf ball towards the screen and it feels like it whizzes right past you.  You ( or DH) can pull out a golf ball from your pocket and say you caught it.  My BIL did this trick to my nephew.  Unfortunately, he threw it back at the screen because he thought the guys would need it.  

3. Pixie gifts.  This works a bit like Santa presents.  Have your child decorate a gift bag beforehand and then bring it with you.  Tell them that if they are good at the parks, Tinkerbell will leave them little gifts when they gets back to the hotel.  These can be small gifts you get at the dollar store, Target or big lots.  You can also buy glow in the dark glitter and sprinkle it around the room so it looks like pixie dust.  

4.  When we went, we got all of the autographs on a photo mat.  Actually we got two and then framed them with  two pictures of us at MK and at AK.

5.  I agree with a PP about glow sticks.  We brought several with us and they  helped while waiting in line as did small bubble bottles ( like the kind you get at a wedding). 

5.  Bring extra change for the penny presses.  One of the cheapest souvenirs out there.
  • They have machines that press pennies and have different WDW logos;  bring pennies and quarters (to pay for the machine)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • There are some great ideas here! We just decided to plan a trip to WDW next year (the girls will be 5.5, 4, and 1) and I'm in the very early stages of planning. I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can find it later :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • There are some great ideas here! We just decided to plan a trip to WDW next year (the girls will be 5.5, 4, and 1) and I'm in the very early stages of planning. I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can find it later :)
    Lots of good ideas, definitely- just got back & while I didn't really do many of these b/c they're not really me and/or I didn't have time to do them, I would recommend the autograph books w/ the photo slots, I am looking forward to getting the photos printed & having that fun souvenir for them w/ the signature & the photos.

Also a great tip I got when I was not a good planner and didn't book anything ahead except cinderella breakfast was to stalk the website the week before the trip if there is a particular meal or reservation you want b/c people end up cancelling/rescheduling...totally paid off, I was trying to get into a character lunch at Hollywood Studios & about 3 days before our trip I was checking maybe 3 times a day and boom, a spot opened.
  • I just got back from Disney last week with ds and we had a great time. There are great tips here. Somebody suggested going to the theater right inside the MK park just after it opens for the meet and greet pics with Mickey. I was told this is often the only chance to see him close up and get a pic with him. We did and waited in line for about 20 minutes, but it was totally worth it. Mickey was available for as much time as wanted with each family and we tools tons of pics. We did a character breakfast, but Mickey was not there and while we saw him from afar, he was not close up like this opportunity gave us. He's in the theater to the right when it opens from 9-930.
  • I just got back from Disney last week with ds and we had a great time. There are great tips here. Somebody suggested going to the theater right inside the MK park just after it opens for the meet and greet pics with Mickey. I was told this is often the only chance to see him close up and get a pic with him. We did and waited in line for about 20 minutes, but it was totally worth it. Mickey was available for as much time as wanted with each family and we tools tons of pics. We did a character breakfast, but Mickey was not there and while we saw him from afar, he was not close up like this opportunity gave us. He's in the theater to the right when it opens from 9-930.
    I actually chose meet & greet w/ Mickey as one of our fast passes b/c I suspectedt he wait would be long & I was glad I did, we waited like 5 min and the line was listed at 50 min when we were there for our Fast pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"